Where to build on scorched?

MayonnaisePlease

Hey all, basically i've been on the island since release and never bothered to touch scorched until recently. I want to find someplace to build where I can surround it in behemoth gates , nothing too small though? 

I'm a solo player and i'm thinking of heading over soon in an official pve server. Any good locations to build? Coords , or even general areas etc would be awesome :)

behemoth gate wall bases disgust me :Jerbmad: your on pve with ORP come on now put some effort into base design Behemoth walls are environmental vandalism tsk tsk.

my advice for locations is that wherever theres water theres a dozen other bases lagging up the area so ur better of finding a nice secluded spot and setting up 10 or more reservoirs , i use 10 metal reservoirs and have never run out of water, secondly avoid the mountains unless u have a decent giga to fend of the local golems. 

Yes you want to be close or at least in range of a water source, but you also want to build in the areas that have 100% wind or i guarantee you will be moving later, the generators degrade to fast to use them very often and without 100% wind the turbines are worthless. I tried wind turbine in 85% wind with back up generator, hated it, had to move.

We went for a main base in the desert close to the scar so wyvern-hatching is easier with short flying times to get females for milk. In addition we have a forward operating base at the red obelisk since it's fairly close to our base-location and is fairly safe from predators. In addition there is a small cave there which provides sulfur, crystal and obsidian for live.

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2017 at 1:22 PM, DanishE said:

Generally the riverbeds are a good spot, be mindful of the Kaprosuchus spawning in/near them, however late game Kapros are hardly a threat, I actually recommend taming one if you get the chance, I got a level 105 Kapro early-game, and it only took about 30 tranquilizer arrows. Good luck, have fun!

Good advice

You should build near a well or a source of water, and preferably close to a mountain. Green obelisk would be a good place to start, but the only problem building near water on SE is that kapros are fairly abundant. You should also build a bit close to metal nodes on the map- quetzal do not spawn and wyverns dont have nearly as much weight, so you'll have to travel a lot more often, and building closer to metal nodes will make that travel much faster.

Archived