Who is your fave mount and Why?

SatansPegasus

First of sorry if this question as already been asked a 1000 times previously.

Ok so like me im guessing we all have our fave Mounts that one creature we just keep using even when we dont need to or it may even seem pointless but you dont care because maybe it was your first tame or your goto hunting partner but for some reason known only to you this mount goes everywhere with you.

Im just curious as to Who yours is.

For me i gotta say its Diablo one of my Male Argents and the only Argent i will use when exploring or getting new animals to tame or even if im just taking a convoy to get metal an obsidian he will be my trusty steed with most his levels been in weight and speed and whenever i do breed my argents i always use him.

He may not be the most colourful been a brown an green colour but he did earn his status when he took down a carno all on his own before i tamed him.

Without a doubt, gotta go with Smaug, my perfect 120 spino. I've tamed many spinos, he's the only one who's ever come close to killing me in the process. I would expect no less from him. For long a time we went everywhere together, from the tops of mountains, the ocean depths, into the frigid snows of the north and the thick mangroves of the swamps.

I do use him less these days. He's getting close to level cap, and with no points in speed he's slow. I have newer, more versatile spino builds running, but Smaug will always be the spino I take with me when I need to be absolutely, positively sure something is dead. 

My favourite mount: my 116 kibbled carno, fish (because carnos are natural swimmers:P). 

I like carnos because they're basically much more agile rexes. Used to be my Baller Argi, Nemesis (got that name because I tamed her with one express purpose, beat the poop out of an ex-tribemate who was caught stealing&stockpiling c4, metal, and CP for another tribe.) But the nerf dropped and we moved servers. And argis now much more fit the role of speedy-heavyish mounts. (See Icarus, my 700 wheight 180% movement argi)

As soon as terror birds drop I'm finding myself a 100+ Hitari. (For all those who get that reference.)

Hmm, are we allowed more than 1? :)

My first favourite was a little female sabre "Shauria" who I spent 90% of my game time on back in the day before they became a bit redundant.  I tend get very attached to one of my female Argies "Xathina" since I spend most time on her, however when it comes down to fun I used to make time every day for an hours splashing along the beach on one one my Spinos ("Allisa" or "Alliso") farming a little oil/pearls off Trillos, it really was a great stress reliever.  While Spinos are so cute with their puppy-like running I have to say riding a Doed ("Danisa") also great and I spend more time watching the Doeds movements than I do on the task at hand. The ones I have real soft spot for but never, ever ride so they won't count here would be sarcos ("Misha")

I've also always had a soft spot for Carnos ("Atonia" and "Atonio" are my wonderful 120 pair), and if they were a little stronger, they would be my ground mount of choice since I prefer more maneuverability then my Rex's give ("Xathoria" and "Xathorio"). As servers wipe I tend to rename my new dinos the same as the ones from the old server, I still feel the same attachments to them even though they are not the original version.

I like too many, but I'm thinking my favorite mount is yet to come and I have high hopes for the Allosaurus who should fit right in the middle between Rex and Carno.

• Volunteer Moderator

I can't pick one, as I have multiple favorites, depending on what I am doing.

Serenity

Serenity is my speed build Quetzal.  She was born with high HP, good stamina and attack, plus a good carry weight.  Other than putting two points into stamina, it all has gone into speed.  Not as fast as speed ptera, she can out carry one no problem.  Great for when I need to get some fast and also great for drop running as I can get the drop without getting off the bird and she can easily defend herself from all but the the most dangerous dinos.

Galaxy

Galaxy is my hauler Quetzal.  On a regular server, she would be running around 4,500 carry weight; on our server, dinos are 3X weight(dinos should out carry humans) so she it 13,500.  A little bit into speed, but that is about it, other than weight.  She also had great HP and good melee and stamina, and it still one of my main breeders.  

Yeah, I know, 13,500 is crazy....crazy fun.  Being able to nearly fill and industrial forge in one load just gives me the giggles.

She is not the sexiest bird in the fleet, but she works hard for the money.

Jupiter

He was a perfect tame 120 Quetzal, with the highest HP of all of my Qs and the highest stamina; had gotten another 120 tame a day earlier with a good HP(but not near Jupiters) and not much else(what a shame).  Even his attack is good and decent carry weight.  This guy, besides being the stud of the stable, is my battle Q.  Except for a few points in speed, it is all health and attack.  When he shows up on the scene, someone is about to get the smackdown put on them; unless it is a giga(he is cocky, not stupid).  Great for doing a fast meat run or clearing out and pesky alpha.

Andromeda

She is one of the offspring of Galaxy and an older 100 lvl(wild) tame that was the stud of the stable(until Jupiter came along).  She does not see as much action now, already close to toping out.  She is a mix of health, attack, and a heavy does of speed(not where near Serenity though).  However, if someone needs some help fast and far away, she is my goto.  She is not a buff as Jupiter, but the fight would likely be done by the time he got there, if he was following her.  And, she is still a good breeder because of her being one of Galaxy's children.

Shrike

Nearly all white Argen, build for speed.  She can run down a wild Q without issue.  She has the best attack of the other Argens, except for a few of her children.  She was there before the Qs and she still gets lot of use.  By base is big and the main building in on a rock column, with a big paddock below, so she is my go to for doing those errands.  For searching the swamps and trees, she beats the Qs.  And when I am doing a boa or dime pile for harvesting wild eggs, her speed and stamina make it so much easier.  She is also a good one for taking on drop runs; nice to have something that can fight for you if you get ambushed.

Blitz

The red argen of death.  She is a killer and was what I used on the big alphas, until Andromeda and Jupiter came along.   Not as fast a Shrike, but far more deadly.  She does not see as much use, but for some of my building, her strength and controllable speed have been a big benefit.  Sometimes, I still take her out to show her I have not forgotten about here.  And, if I need to pick a fight in deep cover, especially if I don't have time to clear the trees, then Blitz is the choice.

I'd also have to give it to two of my tames.

My favorite flyer being my 125 Argy, Morphius. He's essentially my go to war bird. With tremendous HP and stamina, I was able to take out a few mate boosted Argies, and a Carno, all without even denting his stamina pool.

For a land mount, I have to give it to my 160 Wolf, Sonya. She has absolutely insane stats. I'm able to traverse through the swamps without any worries of being KO'd by anything, as nothing can hold a candle to her.

One night while trotting through the dense swamps, we had just finished making short work of a number of Sacrcos, Titanoboas, and a few Raptors, when I saw something big rustling around through some trees very quickly. It was a Spino, which I haven't before seen this deep in the swamp biome. Sonya was chomping at the bit, so I gave in, and we went for it. With only a handful of bites, the Spino was no longer! 

Favorite air tame can be either or my two high level argents aaron or arnold both have around 300% melee and I'm working to get them to 200% movement call it a waste if you want but I really enjoy the fast travel speed.

Favorite ground mount is my 190 dire wolf delila, her stamina lasts a really long time and she has decent speed, besides this she can easily take on any of the dinos in my area with no worry at all.

16 hours ago, Ij999 said:

In my singleplayer I had a few favorites.

Rodan, my Quetzal was probably the animal I rode the most and did the most stuff with.

Steel Beams, my Argentavis was my prized possession when I was in my level 50s and 60s until it got one-shotted by a Giga.

Bella, my Sabre-tooth was the animal I just loved so much I would take out for funsies and just wreck as much stuff as possible.

Ravager, a blueish-green Spinosaurus was my favorite war mount until randomly he despawned (on the same day I lost my Argentavis... not a good day).

I've had pteranodons despawn after i jump of them mid air when above water just for them to be mysteriously killed and their loot bag appear at my feet or withing a few feet of me.

I gotta say the fave one i lost wasnt even a mount but my first ever dino tame which was a lvl 12 male dilo Called Anubis an im using a screenshot of him as my xbox background i loved that lil killer then i die due to a sarco and on my way back i get the message saying he was killed by a spino and up on finding his loot bag i also came across the dead sarco so he did he proud.

An i returned the honor by killing the spino or atleast swimming out far enough that the megs could get him an luckily for me it was near herbivore island where i had a raft.

I gotta say i love reading about your mounts but a little surprised at how many Quet's you guys prefer.

An while we're talking about quetz i guess i gotta add Quinn my current heavy hauler with a current carrying capacity of over 1200 which i usually use for getting obsidian from the snow biome or when i go building new nest sites after all im sure we have all taken a mount an landed somewhere just for it to get killed well building nest sites for me prevents that from happening.

An if we're talking multiple then i gotta include my first Raptor i never had him long an im still angry at the former tribe mate who got him killed but he was a beauty dark green with red stripes. Anyway im getting ahead of myself as running into him wasn't by luck but in my tribe or old tribe i was the designated hunter in a tribe of about 6 mostly friends of my friend who was part of it and we couldn't agree on anything because they where too many leaders or egotistical knobs to agree on a plan so me id log on an leave mainly too explore an hunt an bring whatever meat back i could.

Which by the time id get back wouldnt be a lot between the raw meat spoiling an me eating the cooked but it was a typical night of spending 30 to 90 minutes to log on an find we'd been betrayed by 2 members our so called leader let in all because they gave him the rex helmet skin an some other high level stuff so i spent a few minutes helping to rebuild our base both the raft and the land base an then i went hunting.

First on the menu as always where a few paras and pholimias which would give me enough meat just to keep me going so i set off towards the green beacon first going along the southern beach then north along the river which is roughly at the 77,70 at this point id eaten most the meat an couldn't see anything but trikes to hunt an i might be brave but im not stupid to take on a trike without distance, height and spears so i keep going north towards the swamp by this point its getting dark and i luckily come across a trapped sarco in a rock so i go near it and use my slingshot to see just how stuck it is an it wasn't going anywhere so i wiped the sweat of my brow lifted my wooden club an swung for the hills that way if i hit the boulder i wouldn't break it so i kept on until it was unconscious at which point i broke it free an killed it an luckily it had given me just enough hide for a raptor saddle and enough meat to stop me from dying.

Then as im walking past the swamp towards the clearing before you walk into the other swamp area i see Him chasing a para and im figuring 2 birds with one stone so i quickly knock out the raptor and then go finish off the para and place about 25 meat on the raptor an cook 5 for myself but i know that other people are close due to the torches an bases i passed so i light the fire behind a few rocks an only using it long enough to cook the meat an by this point its 12:30am and i know boas, sarcos and other raptors are close but luckily i had some paracers between me an them so id have an early alarm if something came.

6am comes and finally its tamed and mine so i put the saddle on and go on a joy ride back along the beach towards home base killing anything i can and trying not to get killed i finally make it back to base at about 3:30pm an i should of just dropped the meat off and gone but no i stay to show my tribesman the raptor stupid mistake cause id set it so my tribe could ride him and one did straight into a bronto attacking it like a stupid damn idiot i whistle passive but he's stuck between a rock and our base so i go mine the rock to free him an die in the process.

Luckily i spawned in the bed so i go back out but before im out the door i get the message lvl 10 bronto killed your raptor its at that point i logged off and said f you to the tribe and that server.

Which taught me a valuable lesson don't let other people ride your mount until you have seen how they are on theirs and your better off alone then with a bunch of knobs.

My favorite mount so far are my Rex's Winter and Rox. I always take them out as a pair. They are my single player dino's so I feel pretty safe on them. I ride my arg.  more, in fact 90% of the time I'm flying but when I get to take a mount out just to have fun or hunt or explore its always Rox and Winter. They started pretty low level but ibe gotten them up to there high 60s so they are pretty beast with most points in health and melee damage. 

My Carno because it was a pain in ass getting him. He was hunting in a swamp area so first I needed to lure him to a safer area to tame, I lure him away from the swamp put I need 6 attempts. In the process I died 3 times and lost a low level raptor and a low level ptero.  After I managed to lure him away I tried to take him head on (after all how dangerous a small T-rex can be …), I was level 37 in leather armor and he was a level 57, he destroyed me in seconds. Them I have the idea of luring him next to a cliff, them going up the cliff and shooting him from above. It work, but when he was about to faint he tried to run away, I panic and accidentally fell from the cliff to my death . I try a second time and this time I accidentally felt again (yes, I am that good !!) before he tried to escape.  The third time he got stuck between two small  trees when he tried to escape so I was able to put him down.  Them I had to tame him, the problem was I only had raw meat (with is the worts food for him) and only 100 narcotis, so I had to spend almost two hours hunting  in my raptor to get meat to feed the carno and make more narcotics while keeping him drugged and safe. I can wait until I can ride him around J , if he dies I am gonna be furious. My favorite now are raptors and ptera for their speed.

Pulmonoscorpius, mine is called Sting and is level 80 something on the Xbox version. Sting refers to his stinger and also a reference to Bilbo's sword in The Hobbit, I like the Pulmonoscorpius because they're fast and can tranquilize enemies, mine has over 1300 HP and I am currently upgrading it's melee damage, the only downside to this mount is that when you're moving and attacking something that's running away, the mount tends to glitch back by a second which makes it almost impossible to land a hit.

Second favorite mount would have to be the Araneo accept the stats are pretty bad until a high level, tamed a level 88 however and am slowing increasing it's stats, I like the web feature for the Araneo and also the way it moves, similar to the Pulmonoscorpius.

I have a few on my world I love to death :P

My 3 argies are my babies, Whitewing, Crimson, and Nightmare. If I lost any of them I'd just rage quit so hard. I plan on perfect taming another one that was on Carno Island as well :)

I also have my Roos that are very precious to me, Twix, Snickers, and Kit Kat. Kit Kat was my first one and was a really cool Orange and White one. They're so fun to ride around!

I have an all blue Doedicurus I named Quakely and gave her a Magenta and White colored saddle. She's by far my favorite Doedicurus I've tamed.

My Red and Black Giganotosaurus is probably my favorite mount ever. He is so fun to ride around and chomp things down with!

Archived