Nitrado has been so lucky to receive the ability to host ARK for consoles, however, as users at home are unable to host without paying for it. Just like with any PC Game that allows server hosting, there is always the option to host the server yourself, on your home PC. even with ARK(PC Version). 

In short what I'm asking is this, will PLAYERS receive the ability to host their own server without the use of a 3rd Party Hosting Company (E.G. Nitrado)?

If so, is there an ETA?

5 hours ago, StarfireHunter said:

Nitrado has been so lucky to receive the ability to host ARK for consoles, however, as users at home are unable to host without paying for it. Just like with any PC Game that allows server hosting, there is always the option to host the server yourself, on your home PC. even with ARK(PC Version). 

In short what I'm asking is this, will PLAYERS receive the ability to host their own server without the use of a 3rd Party Hosting Company (E.G. Nitrado)?

If so, is there an ETA?

They are definitely working on this for xbox for when we get "play anywhere" but ive heard conflicting reports for PS4. I'm sure they will try.

To be honest, unless you are only going to use it for a couple of players and not open it up to let a lot of people play, I don't think I would even want to do that. I rent a server from Nitrado. Even with a good gaming system at home, I would still rent. They have better systems than most people can get and are backed up by better systems to prevent ddos attacks and are a lot less likely to have service interruptions on internet. I would not play on someones home pc server. I ran a server on my console from March til now and (not counting crashes from known issues with console hosting) I have had several internet outtages. It's frustrating.

16 hours ago, Przemokom said:

So if that depends from sony (authorisation keys) then we will not get it. Shame...

It gets worse, the nitrado interface is very dated and missing a lot of options (they are slowly adding them) this has never been an issue for pc users as they simply add the values either directly to the ini's via nitrado's ini editor or via ftp. However Sony have said that we server owners can not access the files via ftp and more confusingly we may not have read/write access to our own ini files! 
This means we are fully at the mercy of nitrado's time table and with some things they have been relatively quick but other stuff they are somewhat burying their head in the sand and ignoring. It also means that no way Sony will let us host our own.
These limits sony are imposing do make me rather angry, i own my ps4, i own my copy of ark, i rent my server (ok so i dont own that one lol) i want control over my stuff. Then you see Sony's playstation slogan "For the Players" and you wonder if they know how ironic that is. (sorry mini rant)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 0:04 AM, Twackersixx said:

To be honest, unless you are only going to use it for a couple of players and not open it up to let a lot of people play, I don't think I would even want to do that. I rent a server from Nitrado. Even with a good gaming system at home, I would still rent. They have better systems than most people can get and are backed up by better systems to prevent ddos attacks and are a lot less likely to have service interruptions on internet. I would not play on someones home pc server. I ran a server on my console from March til now and (not counting crashes from known issues with console hosting) I have had several internet outtages. It's frustrating.

The difference between the story above and me is that I have owned a Hosting Company in the past, I know what is necessary for good servers. As far as DDoS Protection Goes, I got that covered as well. I for one think the price of $100+ a month for 100 slots is insane, even the lower tier options are outrageous. This being from someone who use to sell server slots to other people.

Archived