So New Expansion coming! Whats your prediction?

Oldskool

I feel that fantasy setting is somewhat covered by Scorched Earth, having wyverns, elemental e soon the phoenix. Ragnarok has the castle and additional fantasy creatures such as the Griffin.

The Ice age setting is something I would be interested to see down the line, but again the snow part of the island and Ragnarok do provide a feeling for it, so it doesn't feel very "new", but again it's something I would play.

The Ocean Expansion is definitely a highly requested one. Since like forever. It's one that could really shine for water tribes and could explore different ocean floors and ocean biomes. Again, I would play this gladly.

Out of the three, the ocean feels more original, diverse from the current environments as it's pretty simple in the existing maps and limited.

Personally I would really like a transformer like environment, that could challenge Tek tier stuff. Animals are not tamed but built (think the bionic skins). This would be really a new setting, very unique.

New gameplay is important, I like the idea of NPCs that can interact in some level, with the ability to wipe them. If the player structures are removed from their spawn point, the NPCs would return and start rebuilding their "city" or stronghold. This could motivate players to conquer or liberate these communities, perhaps for some unique loot or trade for certain top tier recepies.

Having a space environment would be interesting, if not overly hardcore. A friend of mine suggested that some form of flying vehicle or spaceship could be cool. Perhaps there is a specific map where this could be a thing. I am particularly fond of the Tek buggy, maybe a vehicle vs animals could renew some of arks more established strategies. 

A vulcanic map, which could be very hostile is another option. With obsidian structures giving a very "dark" feel to those Saurons out there. Personally I would love to see other players creations with it. Not to mention lava could run in this map and occasionally flood certain areas, where players would have to keep an eye out as they mine rare resources. But since fire is covered in Scorched Earth for heat, it's unlikely to be next 2 expansions.

Whatever the case, I certainly would prefer a new taming method than those that are in place, be it passive or not, they both became rather boring now days. This is why building bionic animals, that are more powerful than organic, but runs on element as a trade off seems more novel that other methods I have seen it proposed.

Finally a floating islands maps could also happen and could do well with high fantasy players. Avatar (movie, not air binder) style.

Just some brain storming. I will keep an eye out for this topic, it's something I am really curious about as well.

Cheers!

I really hope its an ocean expansion/update. There are SO many creatures that can go into the ocean biome. Especially just diversifying the species of lil fishes to make it seem more 'alive'. Perhaps we can even build aquariums for our bases and stock it with fish we catch ourselves. Not to mention the many different large creatures that can be added. As it is the ocean feels kinda empty from what i've played right now.

I'd love a snow based map, the complete opposite of SE. Maybe more advanced heat sources then fireplaces, and make it so the AC just makes you colder rather the warm and cool you.

I love winter and snow in real life so it suits me :D As soon as I get my hands on some high grade fur Im going to build myself an outpost in murder snow.

My only fear is the expansions would have something bad about living there.

like the SE, REALLY loved it, but there was no solution to the spoiling timers which led to a full return to the island for our tribe.

i get the reason behind that we are in a hot world and that's the normal effect, but i was expecting some sort of high stuff to overcome this issue, like a 2nd tier of fridges or like that.

so IF one of the coming ones is the cold world, then i hope it doesn't mess with daily/basic needs which make the island better in the long-term, like what happened to the SE.

2 minutes ago, Shbear said:

My only fear is the expansions would have something bad about living there.

like the SE, REALLY loved it, but there was no solution to the spoiling timers which led to a full return to the island for our tribe.

i get the reason behind that we are in a hot world and that's the normal effect, but i was expecting some sort of high stuff to overcome this issue, like a 2nd tier of fridges or like that.

so IF one of the coming ones is the cold world, then i hope it doesn't mess with daily/basic needs which make the island better in the long-term, like what happened to the SE.

Yea if its ice age themed, them preserving timers may be longer, but food consumption and cold could be a real factor. Who knows, im hyped to see anyways. 

4 minutes ago, Daimon03 said:

I can't think of a specific one which they will make for the next DLC. It could be anything from an alien home world to floating islands, to an arctic world or even an underwater isle world. I

Would be very interesting if they went and made an alien style, like where the tek/founders come from. Interesting thought!

I personally prefer the idea of keeping things pretty primitive. An ice age type map would get my money asap. An ocean-based map would depend. I don't do underwater—freaks me out in real life, and I'm not interest in exploring the depths of the ocean in game, either. But if there are ship-building elements? Yes please. I'd be down with channeling early humans who explored the pacific in canoes and building up to longships over time.  

Space and flight and aliens and all that … would not buy. Sounds too much like a Michael Bay Jurassic Park sequel to me. 

2 hours ago, Rufiosghost said:

I personally prefer the idea of keeping things pretty primitive. An ice age type map would get my money asap. An ocean-based map would depend. I don't do underwater—freaks me out in real life, and I'm not interest in exploring the depths of the ocean in game, either. But if there are ship-building elements? Yes please. I'd be down with channeling early humans who explored the pacific in canoes and building up to longships over time.  

Space and flight and aliens and all that … would not buy. Sounds too much like a Michael Bay Jurassic Park sequel to me. 

Yea I feel what your saying, I would be way more up for an ice age expansion over alien type, but it would be very interesting to see. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2017 at 3:46 AM, waterKeeper said:

Something like Minecraft nether where you can farm element nodes directly (element instead of glowstone). With weird other worldly/dimension/alien enemies that r very dangerous. And these enemies r all good at destroying structures to prevent basing here. Just take a high level tame of your choice, not rex army, here, go on an expedition and return home with loot.

Sounds like you just described Aberration! :P

I predict they copy and paste all the Internet lag, all the graphical lag and all the bugs and glitches and other stuff that should of been fixed 2 years ago in to aberration. This game is done, the end, it's dead in the water. Why do I say that? Because if this company won't fix  the problems they've had years to fix, they're never going to fix them and then they ask for money for more content ???????. 

Every single player on our server has had to endure lag spikes and today they've been lasting for like 1:30.its so  uplayable one of our hardcore no lifer tribe mates who's addicted to ark rage quit because his usual 10 minute journey took 30 minutes... 

Id love a cave style expansion. 
Where you spawn on the surface of the map and it's like a hostile lave island type world where it's dark with long nights but when the day comes it is a fire storm that destroys all life and structures on the surface,  the only way to survive is to get into one of the many cave entrances dotted all around the map,  all the caves lead into a vast underground cave system that all connects,  it has thin tunnels,  wide areas for Base,  and loads of nooks and crannies for hidden bases,  make loads of metal and stone and wood underground so noone can horde ressources. The cave battles and cave bases would be epic. 
Make it extra dark underground so you need torches and lights to see,  make extreme weather effects like cave ins lack of oxygen and lava floods but make them only effect certain areas and passage ways at a time so there are still good spots to build Base.  No stupidess like scorched with wind and generators make everywhere livable,  make water extremely rare  but water veins in the rock you can drink from and berries hard to find, instead just moss to give fibre.
It could include all the usual cave animals but also in the larger caverns there could be rexs wolves sabres and the like, even dodos so the map is fully livable but just not really any flyers.
Special creatures could be giant cave rats, fast and Carry rabies,  tameable but not rideable, 
Massive spiders as big as a rex,  like mini broodmothers,  make them give you nightvision when ridden 
Like some sort of rideable Moles  with a light above its head that collects some new food source from the many moss bushes and also collects good wood and stone, with a weight reduction,  like a all in one harvester.

Aberration covers most of that

Archived