So New Expansion coming! Whats your prediction?

Oldskool

The devs have said that there will be 2 new paid expansions coming, one this side of Christmas. Anyone got any ideas on what theme/map/dinos they will be bringing to ARK. Me and a friend constantly bring this up in discussion. And my feeling is that were going to see an Artic Expansion, Scortched earth detail and style but in a snow biome.

I could see huge frozen oceans, albatross style birds, "legit" polar bears, angry seals and brutal snow storms. Also add a mega cute snow fox :D

Could have some really cool features, fishing through ice holes, preserving food in ice. New igloo style structures :) just a few of my ideas. What do you think?

snow f0ox.jpg

Fog World!

100% chance of fog if it rains, doesn't rain or is daytime. Double fog at night, and it's always night time. Sometimes it's double night time, with extra nightness.

Acid rain, electrical storms, volcanic eruptions and tectonic shifts are regular throughout the map.

It's always cold and your buildings will have to be made from fur structures otherwise you'll freeze to death in seconds, fur structures can be damaged by all wild dinos and have a decay timer of 2 days.

All new creatures will be passive tames, have no saddles and will not be breedable.

This expansion can be yours for only 70 euros, but only one legacy server will be made available.

Something like Minecraft nether where you can farm element nodes directly (element instead of glowstone). With weird other worldly/dimension/alien enemies that r very dangerous. And these enemies r all good at destroying structures to prevent basing here. Just take a high level tame of your choice, not rex army, here, go on an expedition and return home with loot.

They really should do an ocean expansion above all else, like Waterworld but good. There are mythical, extinct, and existing animals they could add. A place free of the Leeds that makes raft living viable. Huge floating fortresses or if you have unlocked the tek engrams, underwater communities. Plesi's, Mosa's, Squid's, Megalodon's, Ichty's, Angler's, Manta's of course but could add Siren's(untameable, can draw your mounts in uncontrollably to danger's), the Hippocampus Horse (huge sea horses, ridable and tamebale), The Adaro, Orca's, Helicorpion, and finally introduce the sea boss, a Kraken or maybe the Hydra. 

I'd love for them to expand the aquatic aspect of Ark. (check out that alliteration)

My personal theory was an arctic map, too, but now that they've mentioned creating a map based upon isles, I feel like that will be what we get instead. I strongly believe the three expansion packs are meant to coincide with the three colors associated in the Ark logo, which is why I don't feel like we can have both but rather one or the other. For green, I strongly feel like we might get a dense, overgrown rainforest but I have nothing but a hunch and personal desire for that one.

It could also be a new Single Player mode with added NPC, quests/missions or scenarios. Imagine playing the game starting from nothing against Alpha NPCS that already has TEK gears and controlled by AI :D Add story, and convincing voiceovers, this game could be made into a totally different game

Even if the enemy is building from scratch using AI that does legit gameplay by scripts, using 5 or maybe 10 characters, they will always be more advanced and more stocked with lots of things. It'll be interesting if it exists.

I expect one of them to be a high fantasy map, I know one of the devs stated he really liked some of the ones being player made, and with them adding more and more mythical creatures (wyverns, golems, unicorns, griffons and now phoenix coming) I think we'll get a full blown official high fantasy map. What other fantasy creatures do you see them coming out with?

The moon survival mod looked good, but seems to have been discontinued and "erased from the Internet" at present which is somewhat bizarre given it was a sponsored mod.

I would expect some kind of artic/cold biome though as they've already got plenty of assets for that plus it'd be the opposite of SE. The second, I'm not so sure on...

33 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Can we let them finish the main game and release it successfully before we start imagining what the new stuff is going to be ?

Please !?!

Let them or not, they will do what they will do, it's not like we are in control over them. Most important is they are still developing the game and will still do indefinitely.

@powerstuck Dude in all likelihood the people who are working on the expansions aren't actually involved in the main game much now, if at all. They'll be the level designers, the 3D modellers/artists etc who'd be sitting on their hands with no work if they weren't working on the expansion(s). Either that, or they're contracting that part out anyway.

9 hours ago, Insomniak said:

Rainbow pony expansion coming soon. But OP is probably right, Arctic expansion would be my guess since it will be winter for most of the playerbase in December. Maybe we will get flying caribou or an evil Santa that breathes fire ... HoHoHo! 

I'd get behind a Rainbow Pony expansion. The final boss can be a Puffy Pony

Id love a cave style expansion. 

Where you spawn on the surface of the map and it's like a hostile lave island type world where it's dark with long nights but when the day comes it is a fire storm that destroys all life and structures on the surface,  the only way to survive is to get into one of the many cave entrances dotted all around the map,  all the caves lead into a vast underground cave system that all connects,  it has thin tunnels,  wide areas for Base,  and loads of nooks and crannies for hidden bases,  make loads of metal and stone and wood underground so noone can horde ressources. The cave battles and cave bases would be epic. 

Make it extra dark underground so you need torches and lights to see,  make extreme weather effects like cave ins lack of oxygen and lava floods but make them only effect certain areas and passage ways at a time so there are still good spots to build Base.  No stupidess like scorched with wind and generators make everywhere livable,  make water extremely rare  but water veins in the rock you can drink from and berries hard to find, instead just moss to give fibre.

It could include all the usual cave animals but also in the larger caverns there could be rexs wolves sabres and the like, even dodos so the map is fully livable but just not really any flyers.

Special creatures could be giant cave rats, fast and Carry rabies,  tameable but not rideable, 

Massive spiders as big as a rex,  like mini broodmothers,  make them give you nightvision when ridden 

Like some sort of rideable Moles  with a light above its head that collects some new food source from the many moss bushes and also collects good wood and stone, with a weight reduction,  like a all in one harvester.

"Suburban ARK"

The edge of the map is huge buildings and highways. the rest of map consists of small suburbs. You try to breed and raise cats, dogs, gerbils, rabbits and pigeons. But beware of the Skunks, Raccoons, coyotes, Possums and rats. Also whenever on a mount, you have to look out for wild deer that run out in front of you, disabling your mount, and killing you.

Or a trading town map with a fighting arena,  the centre of the map is a colloseum with area to que for instanced pvp like team death match,  free for all and Dino battles,  the outside is pve mode where there are trading stalls that people have to bid on too own, the owner of the stall gets 10 % of sales from his stall for the week he owns it. Players can transfer any items they have uploaded in their obb too the stall  Set a price and whoever wants to pay that can buy it. All trades are done in a special currency available on the map,  like ark gold coins, the only way to get these coins is fighting in the arena, or selling ressources to the npc gold seller,  who will buy metal,  pearls,  obsidian etc for gold.  Would be a nice trading dlc 

Archived