Element Shards duration?

Paneross

• 3 months later...

I made a test with stopwatch on hand, on an official server I find out that one shard last 655 sec x 100 shards per elements = 65,500 secs or 18hrs with 12 mins.

In my experience one element have the same duration than 100 shards on official: 18hrs and some minutes more, as @NathanAndDaddy mentioned, shards are more convinients to use on SE due the electric storms, or when u have to power for short period of time a teleport pad and dont want to waste a full element on it.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, X111 said:

on the subject of element, is it confirmed that element can be harvested in Aberration?

I thought I saw it in a Q&A on one of the digests but cant find it.

Was in digest 50:

On 9/22/2017 at 9:04 PM, Jen said:

Survivor RaifuForLaifu asks, "What are "Element Chambers"?"

They are zones of intense radiation where it is possible to collect Element Ore, as well as encounter certain hideous, aggressive creatures.

11 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I think this is the same as what you can pickup in the Overseer arena that gives you actual Elements. Maybe not, we will see next week I guess. :)

so I don't pretend to be a professional when it comes to the latest updates, am I right in also saying that we will not be able to take animals over to Aberration but prefabs and resources will be allowed?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, X111 said:

so I don't pretend to be a professional when it comes to the latest updates, am I right in also saying that we will not be able to take animals over to Aberration but prefabs and resources will be allowed?

No, you will only be able to bring your character to aberration. No creatures, no items, nothing else than your cold naked survivor. :P

• 3 months later...
On 12/5/2017 at 2:12 AM, SpCowboy said:

I made a test with stopwatch on hand, on an official server I find out that one shard last 655 sec x 100 shards per elements = 65,500 secs or 18hrs with 12 mins.

In my experience one element have the same duration than 100 shards on official: 18hrs and some minutes more, as @NathanAndDaddy mentioned, shards are more convinients to use on SE due the electric storms, or when u have to power for short period of time a teleport pad and dont want to waste a full element on it.

Does that mean the higher the radius will be multiplied to how much element is used? Like let’s say it’s on the 3x radius. Does that mean 1 element would last 6 hours instead of 18 since the radius is multiiplied by 3?

5 hours ago, Python2133 said:

Does that mean the higher the radius will be multiplied to how much element is used? Like let’s say it’s on the 3x radius. Does that mean 1 element would last 6 hours instead of 18 since the radius is multiiplied by 3?

It goes up but not linear like that.  I have 2 gens on 1.0x and it's 18 hours per element.  I have a gen on 3.4x and it's way longer than 6 hours.  Almost 12 hours.  Never timed it, but it's for sure less than 2 element a day.

Not sure if its directly proportional, but Wiki say it is, but my experience is far from what they said about, I found that on officials servers the elements on Tek Genny last double of the time:

Wiki: "... The Tek Generator uses 0.1  Element / 10 Element Shard per unit of radius per hour"

Me: "The Tek Generator uses 0.055  Element / 5.5 Element Shard per unit of radius per hour"

you can make element on abberation. it takes a little time only 3 element every 38 min (for every charging station you go to) or so but the mats are easy to get if you know what you are doing.  it a great place for a solo tribe member to get element without have to do the boss fights. then you make tek on aberation and just transfer it out and your good.

Archived