Config Options you want to have at Nitrado Megathread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Chunk1664 said:

Can't inflict any damage on babies.  Only way to get rid of ones you don't want is to let them starve?

This is the case if you're playing PVE with friendly fire turned off, you will either need to enable friendly fire or switch to pvp. In PVE with friendly fire on, you must claim the dino before you can damage it, in PVP with friendly fire on, you can kill it claimed or unclaimed.

I see that you can put in a message for auto restart, but it's not working. And when it does work, how long before restart does the message show? I would like an option to set when the message is shown before restart. Also, the Allow unlimited respecs seem to either not be working or doesn't work when you hit 100. I have a player on my server that cannot respec at 100 and will need to make a new character if it is not fixed soon. I would also LOVE a way to kick or ban from the dashboard. I know how to do it in-game, but if I'm not home when someone logs on that has been previously banned, I would like to do it. ALSO the ban list goes away when the server restarts.

Can we get the ability to modify the level requirements for the couple passive tames that have them? It's only passive tames that have no saddle that have this. The reason I'd like this option is for people who want saddles to be made available earlier (or even all lvl 1 but various EP costs). These particular passive tames will get hardly ever used. A couple examples I can think off the top of my head is the Bigfoot, and Onyc. I'm sure there are a couple others I just can't think of them atm off the top of my head.

Thanks!

No idea if Nitrado still look at this thread but on the ofchance they are,

The ark developers decided to add a creature to the game that can destroy a raft in two hits (doesnt matter how much you built on it etc bang bang gone) the look like whales and they are called Leedsichthys. 

A quick look on the net shows that i am not the only server owner to want them gone, we need to have access to NPCReplacements to make this happen, But Dave, i hear you say, we have dino weight spawn, just use that to turn them off.... well for these game ruiners that does not work as that uses the name tag which for normal and alpha Leedsichthys is exactly the same, tried that and lost my raft earlier to an alpha whale.  Also we pay the same as our pc brothers and want to have the same options (ok so were never going to get mods but we should have the same config options as they can do with the ini and the npc replacement command is not just used to rid the world of evil whales. 

The recommended way to remove the whales is to add this to the ini 
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Trilobite_Character_C")

and the same for Alpha_Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C
(yep same name tag but different ummm other id thingy) 

Come on Nitrado, be my Starbuck and help me get those whales!

Another missing setting is: DinoClassDamageMultipliers

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=0.001)
this would allow us to keep the great big whales but make them as threatening as tiny kittens wearing socks but alas we do not have the setting :(

Ah sony i bet whoever made the decision we cant edit the INI files directly is not a gamer! and "For the players" is starting be an ironic statemen

1 hour ago, TheDave said:

No idea if Nitrado still look at this thread but on the ofchance they are,

The ark developers decided to add a creature to the game that can destroy a raft in two hits (doesnt matter how much you built on it etc bang bang gone) the look like whales and they are called Leedsichthys. 

A quick look on the net shows that i am not the only server owner to want them gone, we need to have access to NPCReplacements to make this happen, But Dave, i hear you say, we have dino weight spawn, just use that to turn them off.... well for these game ruiners that does not work as that uses the name tag which for normal and alpha Leedsichthys is exactly the same, tried that and lost my raft earlier to an alpha whale.  Also we pay the same as our pc brothers and want to have the same options (ok so were never going to get mods but we should have the same config options as they can do with the ini and the npc replacement command is not just used to rid the world of evil whales. 

The recommended way to remove the whales is to add this to the ini 
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Trilobite_Character_C")

and the same for Alpha_Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C
(yep same name tag but different ummm other id thingy) 

Come on Nitrado, be my Starbuck and help me get those whales!

Another missing setting is: DinoClassDamageMultipliers

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(ClassName="Leedsichthys_Character_BP_C",Multiplier=0.001)
this would allow us to keep the great big whales but make them as threatening as tiny kittens wearing socks but alas we do not have the setting :(

Ah sony i bet whoever made the decision we cant edit the INI files directly is not a gamer! and "For the players" is starting be an ironic statemen

this is no truer statement the whales are beyond stupid. heres a prime example. minus all the lag and crashes or roll backs from official servers. this just added to the icing on the cake. tribe member casually going through the ocean on his raft. what comes along like jaws dun dun dun. oh the lovely big prick of a whale. destroys his raft. guess what? he quit that server came on to my dedicated lol. thats how laughable the whales are to drive someone to quit an official server and the other issues.... so yeah they do need to fix the whale or change something. i remember i was on a pc dedicated it wrecked my raft in 2 hits lol .... so yeah they need an overhaul a rework these things. so nitrado get wildcard to change something for us on dedicated servers please and thanks

2 hours ago, slayerofzombs87 said:

this is no truer statement the whales are beyond stupid. heres a prime example. minus all the lag and crashes or roll backs from official servers. this just added to the icing on the cake. tribe member casually going through the ocean on his raft. what comes along like jaws dun dun dun. oh the lovely big prick of a whale. destroys his raft. guess what? he quit that server came on to my dedicated lol. thats how laughable the whales are to drive someone to quit an official server and the other issues.... so yeah they do need to fix the whale or change something. i remember i was on a pc dedicated it wrecked my raft in 2 hits lol .... so yeah they need an overhaul a rework these things. so nitrado get wildcard to change something for us on dedicated servers please and thanks

The cool (and at the same time frustrating) thing is that wildcard do not need to enable the setting, nitro ui devs just need to add an option in for it as it's possible to add it to the ini file to replace both alpha and normal leedsichthys with the npc replace option that pc servers can just go ahead and add. 

Here's hoping nitro are still reading this thread! 

Meantime to disable the normal ones go to the engine settings 

Dino spawn weight multipliers

Name of dino custom

Enter Leedsichthys

Then spawn weight 0

Overide tick

Spawblimitpercentage 0

You still get alphas but no normals

Tbh I think I prefer DinoClassDamageMultipliers option (weirdly they have it for tamed but not wild) so you can set the whales to do no damage and get to keep them in game. 

I do somewhat feel like we're paying g to be nitro beta testers at the minute though

We also need something like

https://beaconapp.cc 

Or at the very least a way to enter its results into our configs

Just have it parse the input and add it to our ini files if we can not directly edit the ini files 

Side note I really want to know why we are paying the same as pc users when so much that they can put in the ini file is locked out to us? Even if you intend to add it later at the minute there is a ton missing and yet we are charged the same

Rather than just being able to remove the prereqs from a Engram... could we get the ability to change the requirements to something else?

Also, would it be possible to be able to change the starting engrams?

We are also still unable to modify saddleless passive tame level requirements, hopefully you intend to add that soon. (Before the 29th) Doing a engram rework on my server that is starting on Ragnarok and It would suck to have those tames so far out of whack with everything else.

Thanks!

Survivors!

We have just enabled "Expert Mode" for our PS4 servers. That means you'll be able to directly edit all configuration files associated with ARK, without having to go through our web interface (or wait for us to build a UI for a specific feature).

This does not mean we'll stop building those easy-to-use interfaces though! It just means you'll get access to new features as soon as they're available.

We have also added the ability to import save files from official ARK servers. That's right: If you've been playing on one of the servers that will be phased out on the 29th, you can already import that save state onto your private server and continue playing there.

I would love to be able to see who is on the servers from the web interface. Also, unless I'm missing something, I really need the ability to broadcast a message from the web interface. Please add at least the broadcast. I found myself in a situation that I had to call Nitrado and they had to shut the server down temporarily. I had no way to announce it to the server and there were 5 people in a boss arena. They were a little salty. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 12:38 PM, NitradoAndre said:

Survivors!

We have just enabled "Expert Mode" for our PS4 servers. That means you'll be able to directly edit all configuration files associated with ARK, without having to go through our web interface (or wait for us to build a UI for a specific feature).

This does not mean we'll stop building those easy-to-use interfaces though! It just means you'll get access to new features as soon as they're available.

We have also added the ability to import save files from official ARK servers. That's right: If you've been playing on one of the servers that will be phased out on the 29th, you can already import that save state onto your private server and continue playing there.

Nitrado, will you be enabling console players with the whitelist option? I noticed with the recent update to the mobile app the whitelist option, which didn't work, was removed from the Player Control menu.

Also, while in game, the whitelist option under the Admin Manager does not work- I guess that's WildCard though since it's in game.  

Anyway, just curious if it's something we will see (and be able to use) or if it has been removed entirely never to be re-visited again.  

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived