pve Boss recommendations

dodomaster420

2 hours ago, GhostSnake007 said:

Yea we found that out today when someone on the server read that...

I don't think it is based on weight, but more of being overpowering. Just think about it,  putting a few heavy turrets on it and going to town, or placing tek turrets on it. 

It says it in the wiki, it is because of it's weight that it cannot be ported in.

On 5/2/2018 at 12:09 AM, GhostSnake007 said:

Yea we found that out today when someone on the server read that...

I don't think it is based on weight, but more of being overpowering. Just think about it,  putting a few heavy turrets on it and going to town, or placing tek turrets on it. 

Bosses deal significant amounts of damage to structures, and last I checked, can easily destroy even Tek structures. Gamma Manticore's breath is enough to destroy even Tek and Heavy Auto turrets, not even mentioning all the others.

There is also the fact that the ONLY automated turrets you can place on Dinos are Species X, unless you have it allowed otherwise on an unofficial server.

With that being said, only the Island Dragon (And probably the Overseer if you count it) are of any real difficulty. For every single other boss, it's more of a checklist then a challenge. Broodmother Alpha- Do you have 18 Megatheriums with at least a 60 armor saddle each, and at least 15k health and 500% melee, as well as a yuty and a Daedon? If yes, you ez farm element, if no, work on your poop some.

It gets to the point where actually getting the tribute items is harder then downing the boss.

A few notes...

Armor, combined with Mate Boosting and a Yuty can result in HUGE damage reduction from bosses.

A 120 armor saddle (Roughly 75% damage reduction), combined with the mate boost (30% damage reduction) and the Yuty (20% damage reduction), results in an overall 86% damage reduction. Taking the Alpha Megapithicus, for example, which melees for roughly 1.2k on unarmored targets, and boulder tosses for almost 6k... That's reduced to 168 damage/melee hit, and 840 damage per boulder toss - Sizable, but can be easily healed with a Daedon.

Thus, boss health more becomes a matter of having enough HP to survive burst, a bit more HP to survive bad situations (Such as the dino getting stuck), and.. That's all that's needed, really.

The Megapithicus is the epitome for pure physical damage - No other standard boss will deal more damage per hit then what the Megapithicus can. For the Dragon, the vast, VAST majority of damage comes from it's fire breath - 20% health over 10 seonds, no reductions.

Thus, 30k health results in 600 damage per second from the breath. Now, lets consider that Daedons will heal for roughly 200 health/second - It takes 30 seconds for the Daedon to heal back the damage from the breath. This isn't counting the smaller amounts of melee damage coming in from the Dragon.

On the other hand, rather then investing all those points into health, you can instead invest it into Melee, and thus end the fight faster, reducing the chances of you messing up the fight.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 11:54 AM, RubeDragon said:

We just did a forced solo (WC didnt bring my tribe mate to the arena) Center boss fight on Alpha. 18 rexes and a yut with all 90+ saddles 40-45k hp and 800-900 melee and lost two rexes..  (the pig didnt come either) so with  one pig and a yut anyone would be good .  our rexes were the 14.9k hp and 525 melee b4 lvls.  yut and pig dont matter much .

Uh your insane, I bring 16 rexes with 35k hp, 600 Damage saddles all at 90 and a Yuty and its a joke, you ride the yuty  in and use its buffs and debuffs if your doing it with 40k hp and getting owned lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 12:38 AM, Skyvn said:

what stats on the pig?

Well, honestly, I've never used a pig in any runs at all... And I've done all alphas just fine without and it was with VERY old Rex stats (11k 414%md). They are still all alive while I have newer rexes... I'm just hoping they die fighting but it almost never happens... So far, only lost 3...

I do have a pair though, but it's to quick heal in between 2 fights... Just pump everything into food and stuff it full of cooked meat. 

5 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Well, honestly, I've never used a pig in any runs at all... And I've done all alphas just fine without and it was with VERY old Rex stats (11k 414%md). They are still all alive while I have newer rexes... I'm just hoping they die fighting but it almost never happens... So far, only lost 3...

I do have a pair though, but it's to quick heal in between 2 fights... Just pump everything into food and stuff it full of cooked meat. 

do se alpha manticore run in several times if you wanna kill them :D

probablly at least once manti never gonna land  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived