pve Boss recommendations

dodomaster420

The meta right now for boss fight is going vary. 

Not much testing info shared since the patch that decreased the difficulty on the bosses online. Seems after the patch I've seen less information shared around the table.

With friends we have heard 4 megatherium high level tames with a yuty do just fine against Broodmother Gamma. Possibly there was 1 rex in that bunch. Same friend setup alpha boss fights with 10 or more I believe rexes with 1 daeodon and a yuty and with around 90 armor on saddles not taking too much damage.

These rexes are about 30k health and 600-800 melee. with the trading going around it shouldnt be hard to get these level of rexes and raise you're own army.

Therzino have been used on dragon for the herbivore fire resistance they get since being herbivores and used with a yuty. 1-3 daeodon are good but you have to make sure you have a rider for these dinos to keep up healing and buffs. 50-80k food stat on the daeodon, your probably good with 1800 stamina for the yuty to keep up the damage buff.

All in all I see 500 melee  on your dinos, decent saddles with 70+ armor and 20k health is a good start on gamma bosses, (exception being dragon since you might need more health and 600 melee)

Test it out with these on Official servers to get a good basis. No reward without the risk.

u must breed the rexes first . and craft saddle rex with good armor..

18 rex with 30k-40k hp and 700-800 melle is good. + yuty and daedon.

dont use only 4 rex. too hard i think.

my first try brood easy use 20 rex , 25k hp and 500 melle. primitive saddle, and win . but rex too bloody xD

but now already use better rex and saddle

We just did a forced solo (WC didnt bring my tribe mate to the arena) Center boss fight on Alpha. 18 rexes and a yut with all 90+ saddles 40-45k hp and 800-900 melee and lost two rexes..  (the pig didnt come either) so with  one pig and a yut anyone would be good .  our rexes were the 14.9k hp and 525 melee b4 lvls.  yut and pig dont matter much .

i'd say 1 yuty, 1 daeodon and 18 rexes or therizinos just go with one you have a better saddle blueprints for the therizinos have less health and are more prone to knockback but this is countered a little bit by fact they have slightly higher dps and can use sweet vegetable cakes to heal them and they also dont block shots as much for people on foot the main thing you need for bosses though is a really good saddle blueprint be amazed how much of a difference saddle armor makes

• 1 month later...

I take 20 Rex and beat alpha brood with 80+ armour saddles, 18k health and pushing 2k melee, have not lost one Rex yet but they take 10-15k damage each. 

Alpha monkey, I have trimmed down to 10 Rex's but they lose 8-12k health each.

The same Rex's take no losses against beta rag bosses.

I only take losses against Dragon, and that is due to lava, I'm confident if there was no lava I could do beta dragon with no losses.

Rexs born with 15k health and 520ish damage, 100% imprint to get the health, level nothing but melee.

We use rexes for gamma and beta Brood mother. Alpha we add a yuti. 30k health 700+ melee on rexes around 900m you get thru pretty fast. According to training dummy 100 points in rex melee = 1000 more damage per attack. Haven't done monkey since patch. Gamma dragon was fail. Different fight from private server. Fireball didn't do damage on private for some reason. Needed more people less rexes. Still want to get a run. Theriz sound like a good idea. Looking to start raise on new line soon. Hopefully will get dragon on farm like manticore was before patch. Anyone done it since patch???

• 2 months later...

Never used a daedon beside after the fight to heal them back up.

You have 2 main ways to do it:

-A swarm of rex/theri or whatever dinos with enough hp to damage ratio that will melt through the boss without a problem with the help of 1 yuti

-Tanking dinos with enough damage to kill the adds (mostly steggos but can be rexes, theri... with enough hp and damage to quickly kill spawns) and good pump shotguns (200+%)

Then you can do any variation and tweaks to it as you want. Or make RPG like strategy with: one main tank, one off tank, then a bunch of dps from the back with one support (yuti) and maybe one or several healers (daedon), but you can do it without healers too, because one more healer is one less dps and as they say:

If you kill it first, it can't kill you.

On 19/01/2018 at 1:50 AM, TRex07 said:

Hi all , can some one let me know where i can find bp for rex saddle with 60/80 armod and what i need for defeat alpha boss in ragnarok "in new servers"?

100+ saddles on 25k hp 800+% melee rexes, about 15 of them. And one yuti and one or two daedon on auto heal.

You might also need 200+% pump shotgun and a bunch of ammo in case manticore doesn't land. And 2 set of flaks with total armor above 1500 to counter overspawn of dimorph.

You need to ride the yuti, focus on the dragon first, you need to get it out of the picture as soon as possible because of the dimorphodon spawn and the fire it spits. Then try to make manticore land and kill it.

You need to be good on timing your whisle between passive and attack my target.

7 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

100+ saddles on 25k hp 800+% melee rexes, about 15 of them. And one yuti and one or two daedon on auto heal.

You might also need 200+% pump shotgun and a bunch of ammo in case manticore doesn't land. And 2 set of flaks with total armor above 1500 to counter overspawn of dimorph.

You need to ride the yuti, focus on the dragon first, you need to get it out of the picture as soon as possible because of the dimorphodon spawn and the fire it spits. Then try to make manticore land and kill it.

You need to be good on timing your whisle between passive and attack my target.

Thanks, we defeated yesterday the alpha boss in rag with @MKyb9   
and +/- the same method was used  ;)

ty you very much

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, GhostSnake007 said:

We will be trying take a pararacaturim (think I spelled that right) in with a platform saddle on it with turrets and see what happens. Hopefully we can do some mega damage on a boss. 

Para is too heavy to get ported in. You can check every Boss arena in the wiki with what dinos the arena can be entered. for example:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Broodmother_Arena

Archived