Why is it called the ark?

11er33

1 minute ago, 11er33 said:

I'm either posing a really good questing or I'm about to look like a total noob moron. But why is it called ARK survival. What is the ark? Are we as survivors in some kind of digital  storage unit on some massive ship carrying digitised dinosaurs. What are we? Where did we come from. What is the ark? 

Well I think you got part of it. As in it's built to keep species in existence. The rest of the story isn't in the game yet though.

14 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Taming a male and female of every creature. Just like Noah's Ark!

Otherwise, only clue you got to what Ark really is, is in the explorer's notes, and even that isn't very descriptive. There's not really a whole lot of 'story' to Ark just yet, but we think on release we're gonna get just a bit more to it. Maybe.

I like that... I kinda think we're part of the creatures on the Ark though. That's why we've been tagged. ?

Also guessing we won't get the whole story any time soon. We've seen that there was parts on Scorched that aren't on the island, so I'm guessing it'll be the same for the water world etc....

I bet the Acension boss just gives us a teaser that makes you want to buy the next DLC.

the word ark was found by rockwells asiistant when tinkering with a object he found other than that i have no other info. something i dont see a lot of people brign up is the fact that the humans are all from different times perhaps aliens view each human as a new species as evolution is a sloooow process and humans mere thousands of years apart are not the same creature in the eyes of aliens but then again there would be many more cretaures if this were the case 

2 minutes ago, raaazboy said:

the word ark was found by rockwells asiistant when tinkering with a object he found other than that i have no other info. something i dont see a lot of people brign up is the fact that the humans are all from different times perhaps aliens view each human as a new species as evolution is a sloooow process and humans mere thousands of years apart are not the same creature in the eyes of aliens but then again there would be many more cretaures if this were the case 

The word Ark is from the Bible, it's roots are Hebrew. 

19 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

The word Ark is from the Bible, it's roots are Hebrew. 

read the explorers notes rockwells asistant while tinkering with something he found/discovered the word ark in relaton to the place they were trapped i am aware that ark is a word in the english language im explaining it in relation to the game 

5 minutes ago, raaazboy said:

read the explorers notes rockwells asistant while tinkering with something he found discovered the word ark in relaton to the place they were trapped i am aware that ark is a word in the neglish language im explaining it in relation to the game 

Ah didn't catch that's what you meant, my bad.

I actually come up with a theory that the original game was ARC Survival Evolved. ARC was not cool enough so they went with ARK and built the story and game concepts from that point. However, I say ARC because at one moment, you're at the bottom, base level, can't go any lower. Then you level up, gain things, build bases, and become a great player, then through the act of someone else, or a bug in the game, you're back at square one.

See what I did there ehh... 

The second definition of ARK is "something that affords protection and safety".  I like to think of it as ironic since you start off with nothing, and with lots of hungry dinos chomping on you.  It is the exact opposite of a safe and protected place to be.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ark

Archived