HOW to tame Titanoboa

BlueFox91

48 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

So honey is useful but bee that gives honey is useless? I don't have to assume anything,  you contradict yourself.. and the bee is useless because it's not what you wanted...

The creature itself without its "function" is useless yes. What is so hard for you to wrap your head around about that statement? It isn't the bee that gives the honey but the hive that the useless bee turns into. It literally can't even defend itself so I am pretty sure it becomes useless at that point. I am not contradicting anything here, you just aren't understanding my point. 

Allow me to simplify for you.

Honey good, bee bad

Snake eggs good, snake in general bad

You entirely assumed what you wanted to hear by taking my point of view and putting your elitism above my opinion, because obviously if I don't agree with you then I am just entirely wrong about everything because I just haven't played "correctly" or some nonsense. 

I literally just stated that there is NOTHING in this game that is inherently useless and everything has a purpose, BUT that doesn't mean that it can't be pointless or garbage

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

The creature itself without its "function" is useless yes. What is so hard for you to wrap your head around about that statement? It isn't the bee that gives the honey but the hive that the useless bee turns into. It literally can't even defend itself so I am pretty sure it becomes useless at that point. I am not contradicting anything here, you just aren't understanding my point. 

Allow me to simplify for you.

Honey good, bee bad

Snake eggs good, snake in general bad

You entirely assumed what you wanted to hear by taking my point of view and putting your elitism above my opinion, because obviously if I don't agree with you then I am just entirely wrong about everything because I just haven't played "correctly" or some nonsense. 

I literally just stated that there is NOTHING in this game that is inherently useless and everything has a purpose, BUT that doesn't mean that it can't be pointless or garbage

Really..? Well I guess rex are useless too, that hp and damage is nice but that body is so awkward and clunky and it can't fit into a small doorway so that's inconvenient,  so useless.... that's got to be the weakest argument I've ever heard.. you're wrong because you disprove yourself with saying that a creative is useless other than what it does for you.. honey is useful is equal to be bee is useful.. cause honey doesn't come from raptors.. awesome logic..

Just now, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Really..? Well I guess rex are useless too, that hp and damage is nice but that body is so awkward and clunky and it can't fit into a small doorway so that's inconvenient,  so useless.... that's got to be the weakest argument I've ever heard.. you're wrong because you disprove yourself with saying that a creative is useless other than what it does for you.. honey is useful is equal to be bee is useful.. cause honey doesn't come from raptors.. awesome logic..

You are so bad at making similarities it is astounding. An inconvenience is NO way the same as something's usefulness..

Size of a creature has literally nothing to do with its usefulness. A Rex CAN defend itself even if it can't get in through your silly small doorway whereas if you leave a bee you might as well go find another cuz its just gonna sit there and die.

The hives the bees turn into make honey and honey is useful, a creature that can't defend itself and its only purpose is to turn into a structure is garbage. Might as well remove the creature and just make Beeboxes as a structure to skip a pointless step. 

It has nothing to do with what I think, facts are facts. Most creatures are pointless to have except for their "function." What good are snakes? You already said it yourself, it is literally ONLY for kibble because as a defense they are garbage against anyone with a minute amount of intelligence (just walk backwards and stab it in the face with a pike) that makes the function the only useful thing and the creature is useless without it. 

I just don't comprehend how you are purposely not comprehending what I am saying. At this point you are just trolling to troll because its like you a purposely ignoring what I am saying and just cherrypicking to fuel your own argument. 

9 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

You are so bad at making similarities it is astounding. An inconvenience is NO way the same as something's usefulness..

Size of a creature has literally nothing to do with its usefulness. A Rex CAN defend itself even if it can't get in through your silly small doorway whereas if you leave a bee you might as well go find another cuz its just gonna sit there and die.

The hives the bees turn into make honey and honey is useful, a creature that can't defend itself and its only purpose is to turn into a structure is garbage. Might as well remove the creature and just make Beeboxes as a structure to skip a pointless step. 

It has nothing to do with what I think, facts are facts. Most creatures are pointless to have except for their "function." What good are snakes? You already said it yourself, it is literally ONLY for kibble because as a defense they are garbage against anyone with a minute amount of intelligence (just walk backwards and stab it in the face with a pike) that makes the function the only useful thing and the creature is useless without it. 

I just don't comprehend how you are purposely not comprehending what I am saying. At this point you are just trolling to troll because its like you a purposely ignoring what I am saying and just cherrypicking to fuel your own argument. 

So everything has to be as strong as a rex? Everything has to be able to fight? "Seems like you're cherry picking with your "definition" of usefulness.. you could say it's a useless fighter or useless for base defense.. but even that's a blanket statement that doesnt account for every scenario.. what if you have traps with your snakes and bees? What if they are only for minor defenses from people trying to troll or that have gone into your base on foot? You assume a 1v1 fight with no terrain or obstacle.. your opinion is narrow minded and, again,  you dismiss things as useless when they don't fit your cookie cutter view.. and size does matter,  certain caves can be ran with a wolf, some can be ran by bigger tames like bears,  which is more useful for the bigger cave? The bigger, stronger tame would go thru faster so therefore it is more useful.. I can't comprehend your "logic".. 

4 hours ago, Smurfin said:

You scared me, NO that's 6 minutes :P Need plenty of eggs thou.

Later we will probably have a taming method with baby dinoes, maybe for an evil supernatural creature from urban legends. O_o

Oh I see they changed it now! Yay just 10 minutes to tame on x1 :D 

*Off to breed Rexes*

1 hour ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

So everything has to be as strong as a rex? Everything has to be able to fight? "Seems like you're cherry picking with your "definition" of usefulness.. you could say it's a useless fighter or useless for base defense.. but even that's a blanket statement that doesnt account for every scenario.. what if you have traps with your snakes and bees? What if they are only for minor defenses from people trying to troll or that have gone into your base on foot? You assume a 1v1 fight with no terrain or obstacle.. your opinion is narrow minded and, again,  you dismiss things as useless when they don't fit your cookie cutter view.. and size does matter,  certain caves can be ran with a wolf, some can be ran by bigger tames like bears,  which is more useful for the bigger cave? The bigger, stronger tame would go thru faster so therefore it is more useful.. I can't comprehend your "logic".. 

I am done with this idiotic conversation. You refuse to understand and I am not going to entertain your ignorant arguments just because you don't agree with me. There was no need for you to even comment on what I had to say except for you to troll.

If you can't understand simple logic about how something can be practically useless that its whole existence is pointless and if it was removed it would be inconsequential then you need a reality check. Also you poor attempt at a comparison isn't even in the ball park of being relevant to what I am talking about.

16 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

I am done with this idiotic conversation. You refuse to understand and I am not going to entertain your ignorant arguments just because you don't agree with me. There was no need for you to even comment on what I had to say except for you to troll.

If you can't understand simple logic about how something can be practically useless that its whole existence is pointless and if it was removed it would be inconsequential then you need a reality check. Also you poor attempt at a comparison isn't even in the ball park of being relevant to what I am talking about.

There's nothing to understand.. I'm gonna get better bps, better thylo, be better prepared against trolls and whatnot.. all from useless boas and bees.. can't use a chain without it's links.. 

• 1 month later...

I tamed two level 20s and one level 15. Took like 5 minutes. The level 20 only took 2 fertilized wyv egg. You have to drop the egg from above while flying/ hovering on a mount. You need to drop it from your inventory, otherwise the titanoboa will ignore it if you drop the fertilized egg from your dino's inventory. 

On 16/08/2017 at 10:18 PM, BlueFox91 said:

Players on PvE will have to lure it into a pen, but not impossible.

Not specifically true. As long as you kill anything in the vacinity of the Titanboa's area you can use an Argy to land, drop a fert egg and fly of. The Titanboa will smell it out, come over and digest it. Wait a few secs, drop another one and it will again seek it out. 

It was easier to land and drop the egg, rather than drop it whilst on the Argy as the egg tended to stay in the air hovering above and the Titanboa couldnt get it.

We tamed one this way last night on a PvE server. (Only a lvl 25 meind you).

7 hours ago, Anarki said:

Not specifically true. As long as you kill anything in the vacinity of the Titanboa's area you can use an Argy to land, drop a fert egg and fly of. The Titanboa will smell it out, come over and digest it. Wait a few secs, drop another one and it will again seek it out. 

It was easier to land and drop the egg, rather than drop it whilst on the Argy as the egg tended to stay in the air hovering above and the Titanboa couldnt get it.

We tamed one this way last night on a PvE server. (Only a lvl 25 meind you).

Thanks, but its been 2 months since I said that and now most players know they can ride a dinosaur, kill everything else nearby, and drop the fertilized eggs without penning up the boa.

Asking for this topic to be locked.

Archived