HOW to tame Titanoboa

BlueFox91

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Demerus said:

just for kibble for taming to take up more space in the dino cap.

I guess they are nice for PVP though.

I suppose 

13 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

No longer have to look for titanoboa eggs and they could make a food guard dog for your base. Could possibly be used for caves.

I mean I guess that is nice, but seems pointless 

Maybe they will get some love in a TLC pass

40 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Could do that without em tamable. They just need something unique to them

You can tame anything without kibble too but we have that... It's a more reliable way and offers what I mentioned above.. seems they tranq faster than a scorpion as well.. so we have troods,  scorps, and boas for base tranq defense.. not everything has to be super unique,  they fit in their niche with troods and scorpions while offering an easier route to getting thylo and gigapes which are pretty good mid size tames..

16 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

You can tame anything without kibble too but we have that... It's a more reliable way and offers what I mentioned above.. seems they tranq faster than a scorpion as well.. so we have troods,  scorps, and boas for base tranq defense.. not everything has to be super unique,  they fit in their niche with troods and scorpions while offering an easier route to getting thylo and gigapes which are pretty good mid size tames..

They just serve no purpose to me being tamable. Kibble or not. If they were breedable to get stats that make them actually useful I would think differently. Unfortunately they will end up just like the insects, un-breedable and practically useless vs breedable creatures 

34 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

They just serve no purpose to me being tamable. Kibble or not. If they were breedable to get stats that make them actually useful I would think differently. Unfortunately they will end up just like the insects, un-breedable and practically useless vs breedable creatures 

That's fairly narrow minded.. there are many tames that are "unusable" or "useless" to many players for different reasons,  doesn't mean someone else couldn't use them for something.  Not every tame is high end or late game,  not every tame works for everyone,  that's a part of what makes ark fun,  you have choices..

40 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

That's fairly narrow minded.. there are many tames that are "unusable" or "useless" to many players for different reasons,  doesn't mean someone else couldn't use them for something.  Not every tame is high end or late game,  not every tame works for everyone,  that's a part of what makes ark fun,  you have choices..

How is it narrow minded that I said they were useless to me? I didn't say they were useless to everyone, I specifically said "to me." I am also exaggerating, nothing in this game is inherently useless and it all has a purpose. There are just decisions that were made that I don't understand.

Liopleurodons- Useless to me, waste of time to just tame a 30 minute tame for a temporary "buff." That being said it does give the buff which can give you better loot, it has that Lazarus Chowder effect as well but that is pointless since it is only a 30 minute tame when I expected it to be and early tamable creature for early deep dives without scuba gear. It was a joke that was taken way too far making it "magical" because of an old youtube video meme.

Giant Bees- Almost useless to me, just become hives after taming to make honey and they can't defend themselves at all (at least in my world where they don't summon small bees while wild or tamed). I expected A shoulder mount after seeing their size that could summon little cannon fodder bees to help you get away from Raptor swarms etc.

Snakes- Almost useless, do the exact same things they did while not tamed. Expected breedable (so that they would be a threat) noodles to help defend my base and help KO creatures possibly. Maybe even have a grapple attack where they could around something to hold it still.

Every Insect creature- I absolutely adore all of them but because of lack of breeding I am forced to use Rexes and Yutys for things instead and then hearing the devs say they had no intentions of making them breedable I became even more sad. They could easily use the genetic manipulation already existing in the game to change their growth processes, I mean we have Morrellatops that are like three creatures put together. 

I love all the creatures just some things are disappointing and surely that is understandable.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:46 AM, BlueFox91 said:

http://www.dododex.com/taming/titanoboa

JEEEEEZ 5 hours to tame a level 150 Titanoboa @_@

You scared me, NO that's 6 minutes :P Need plenty of eggs thou.

Later we will probably have a taming method with baby dinoes, maybe for an evil supernatural creature from urban legends. O_o

10 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

How is it narrow minded that I said they were useless to me? I didn't say they were useless to everyone, I specifically said "to me." I am also exaggerating, nothing in this game is inherently useless and it all has a purpose. There are just decisions that were made that I don't understand.

Liopleurodons- Useless to me, waste of time to just tame a 30 minute tame for a temporary "buff." That being said it does give the buff which can give you better loot, it has that Lazarus Chowder effect as well but that is pointless since it is only a 30 minute tame when I expected it to be and early tamable creature for early deep dives without scuba gear. It was a joke that was taken way too far making it "magical" because of an old youtube video meme.

Giant Bees- Almost useless to me, just become hives after taming to make honey and they can't defend themselves at all (at least in my world where they don't summon small bees while wild or tamed). I expected A shoulder mount after seeing their size that could summon little cannon fodder bees to help you get away from Raptor swarms etc.

Snakes- Almost useless, do the exact same things they did while not tamed. Expected breedable (so that they would be a threat) noodles to help defend my base and help KO creatures possibly. Maybe even have a grapple attack where they could around something to hold it still.

Every Insect creature- I absolutely adore all of them but because of lack of breeding I am forced to use Rexes and Yutys for things instead and then hearing the devs say they had no intentions of making them breedable I became even more sad. They could easily use the genetic manipulation already existing in the game to change their growth processes, I mean we have Morrellatops that are like three creatures put together. 

I love all the creatures just some things are disappointing and surely that is understandable.

I agree with lio, I was hoping for an in between megalodon and plesi tame that was permanent.. honey is good for taming, luring, best for fishing and easy imprints.. mantis with high melee and asc items are best for gathering, and snakes could still be good without being breedable,  tho I do believe we should be able to breed anything that is tameable.. I just feel that you are selling some things short without trying them or even knowing the full extent to what they can do..

13 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

I agree with lio, I was hoping for an in between megalodon and plesi tame that was permanent.. honey is good for taming, luring, best for fishing and easy imprints.. mantis with high melee and asc items are best for gathering, and snakes could still be good without being breedable,  tho I do believe we should be able to breed anything that is tameable.. I just feel that you are selling some things short without trying them or even knowing the full extent to what they can do..

I have tried everything and I have seen the full extents, I am only saying these things because I have experimented and seen what they can do. Giant Bees were actually my MOST anticipated creature to tame because of what I thought they would be. I know exactly what honey is good for and it is useful, but the creature is basically useless.

Don't assume I haven't messed with these things. I wouldn't have opinions about them if I didn't, because I don't take other people's words for things without trying it for myself.

4 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

I have tried everything and I have seen the full extents, I am only saying these things because I have experimented and seen what they can do. Giant Bees were actually my MOST anticipated creature to tame because of what I thought they would be. I know exactly what honey is good for and it is useful, but the creature is basically useless.

Don't assume I haven't messed with these things. I wouldn't have opinions about them if I didn't, because I don't take other people's words for things without trying it for myself.

So honey is useful but bee that gives honey is useless? I don't have to assume anything,  you contradict yourself.. and the bee is useless because it's not what you wanted...

Archived