ARK Survival Evolved: The Movie?

Dodowhisperer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/18/2017 at 12:01 AM, Griffin1984 said:

Would be a great idea :) 

The movie could be just a first episode of people just starting on a new ark, trying to survive the madness of dino's/mammals and dying over and over :)

Then if the movie gets enough fanbase, they could continue with a tv-show (as stargate did) following the explorer notes.

If it where me i would make it a thriller series with blood, gore and nudity like GoT, Spartacus etc. I can already see me showing one of the cave scenes to my wife.... She wouldn't sleep for about a month lol :D

Honestly, if it were me making a movie on ark, I would base it off the original characters, the ones that went through and left all the explorer notes for the players.  Seeing a movie based on them, what happened along the way, the things that took place, could make people more interested in the game.   Or Even a movie Pre Ark - What lead to the arks being created, the events that took place on earth just prior to the last days on earth, that in itself could perk interest in new players.  A series of everyday life on the ark... meh, that might get boring quickly, there isn't enough change that takes place to keep it exciting enough for a long running series, you might get 1 or 2 seasons out of it at the most.

I think a tv series following Helena and Rockwell and company could be good. If the dinos are introduced at a steady pace, like the early days of the game, then each episode could have Helena writing the dossier of a new dino. I imagine it being like a cross between Terra Nova and The I-Land maybe with a slight Dinotopia vibe around the tribes of the Island.

5 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

I think a tv series following Helena and Rockwell and company could be good. If the dinos are introduced at a steady pace, like the early days of the game, then each episode could have Helena writing the dossier of a new dino. I imagine it being like a cross between Terra Nova and The I-Land maybe with a slight Dinotopia vibe around the tribes of the Island.

This would be boring it would be about 

1 following the story of Helena Rockwell mei yin and the others 

Or

2 about the player witch would be a problem because the player is not specific character

• 8 months later...

There should be multiple movies, each for a DLC. Shoe he’s Earth should be a TV show of the survivors since it’s mostly backstory, not a main part of than core timeline where the survivor takes place. For example The Island should be episode 1, then Aberration is Episode 2, then Extinction, then Genesis part 1 (or combine part 2 in the same movie) as episode 3 and have a side show as Scorched Earth. Personally I would LOVE to see this, to see a survivor (who will hopefully be named) and make a tribe, gather up and survive. Although I feel like due to complications of time growth, such as resource grinding and taming dinos, all can be hard to fit into one movie without feeling rushed. I’d be happy with a TV show as well, WildCard will do the right thing !

Archived