ARK Survival Evolved: The Movie?

Dodowhisperer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a great idea :) 

The movie could be just a first episode of people just starting on a new ark, trying to survive the madness of dino's/mammals and dying over and over :)

Then if the movie gets enough fanbase, they could continue with a tv-show (as stargate did) following the explorer notes.

If it where me i would make it a thriller series with blood, gore and nudity like GoT, Spartacus etc. I can already see me showing one of the cave scenes to my wife.... She wouldn't sleep for about a month lol :D

It would be a little too similar to Terra Nova, which flopped hardcore and would discourage anyone from touching that subject again. I'd love to see anything that expands on the lore of this game, personally, but I wouldn't count on it for a variety of reasons. Not enough of a market for it, Wildcard are (probably) too small of a studio to get picked up for something like this, costs would probably be absurd, would require delegating WC staff to provide a story whereas they would probably prefer to focus on the game development, etc.

On 8/16/2017 at 1:03 PM, Lewiatan said:

That's a bad idea in my opinion. Almost every movie based on a game is terrible. ARK doesn't have interesting story. It wasn't meant to have one at the beginning anyway.

There was a TV series that had dinosaurs and settlers who traveled to the past to leave their old polutted Earth. Terra Nova. The concept was really facinating, but the plot was really poorly written and when things become interesting the season ends. Btw it had alien thread in the plot like ARK. There was no season 2, because viewers were quite disappointed. So, I'm quite sceptical. 

I was so excited about Terra Nova when it was announced, but it was so disappointing. 

I've wondered for a while if that show was the inspiration for Ark, though. Lots of similarities, and the show ended about two years before Ark development officially began. Presumably there was a lot of unofficial work/thought before that. 

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Lol i was just thinking about that terra nova show at work the other day, it needed to have a ensemble cast to focus on more little stories about people to get away from spending so much money on special effects, like star trek there would be whole episodes with no space battles just ppl talking, focusing on just that family was bland

On 8/16/2017 at 7:57 PM, Ugodzilla said:

Watch Dino Riders xD

Tbh A Movie made by WC about a Game with no Story, dunno if thats a good idea oO

ARK has one the greatest stories/lore in any video game. This is truly the one point that is flawless about this game. You should avoid embarrassing yourself publicly like this.

7 hours ago, dodogal said:

ARK has one the greatest stories/lore in any video game. This is truly the one point that is flawless about this game.

Not even close. As much as I like the story, the fragmented way you uncover it and a lot of loose ends really don't help it at all. There's a lot of stuff the survivors in the notes see or do(Like the human chambers in Aberration that Helena describes) that we never get to see despite the fact we are following in their footsteps. The biggest example of this for me is the Extinction notes, where entire armies of corrupt dinos and the titans chase Helena and Mei-Yin. Nothing even close to that is seen in-game, the Titans can't even leave a designated zone(For balance reasons, but you see my point).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can see it. If people want to have a story based on the dossiers: yes, it would take . a lot of budget if it was to be made live-action. However, an animation approach can still be taken like the way Red vs. Blue was done. Part game and part animation. Or just completely animation. However, a story about Ark in general as the game I can see a great result. I can see it as a person waking up in a place completely foreign to them. As a result, they instantly either get met up with an alpha tribe and have to free the people and create their own civilization or meet up with others who also have no recollection of memories and decide to work together to figure out what happened. They find the dossiers of the past Ark survivors and learn everything there is to know. From there, probably somewhere in the near future they learn about the bosses of Ark and yadda yadda yadda... do what usual Ark players do and build up and junk. Soon an antagonist arrives, someone who has a completely different view on trying to come free from whatever they're stuck in. Bad past, believe that this is a better life than trying to find out who did this to them, blah blah blah, character development, (lol). From there both people end up traveling through maps together fighting each other with their personal beliefs while trying to endure Ark's hard conditions. Also probably including floors like SAO and when a boss is beaten everyone is moved to the next map or only those that beat the boss. Either one... either way I like the idea of an Ark in general tv show but basing a show off the dossier story would also be pretty epic. Whatever.... As long as it has good execution.

Archived