Jump to content
Dodowhisperer

ARK Survival Evolved: The Movie?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

Watch Dino Riders xD

 

Tbh A Movie made by WC about a Game with no Story, dunno if thats a good idea oO

Clearly hasn't read the dossiers ;)

I think a TV series would be better than a movie. You could have a multi-perspective series on the Island focusing on Helena, Rockwell, etc., and then a series on Scorched Earth focusing on Dahkeya and co. It'd all depend on how good the director is, how well done the fx are, etc. etc. It's a neat premise, but it would need a lot more than just Wildcard to do

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season two would be all about taming something. Half of it would be getting ready, the last haf would be knocking it out waiting around. In the last 5 minutes of the season finale... something comes along and kills the tame. 22 episodes just for a jab in both eyes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a bad idea in my opinion. Almost every movie based on a game is terrible. ARK doesn't have interesting story. It wasn't meant to have one at the beginning anyway.

There was a TV series that had dinosaurs and settlers who traveled to the past to leave their old polutted Earth. Terra Nova. The concept was really facinating, but the plot was really poorly written and when things become interesting the season ends. Btw it had alien thread in the plot like ARK. There was no season 2, because viewers were quite disappointed. So, I'm quite sceptical. 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a movie and tv series spin off could be really feasible with some creative writing. Game of thrones, meets westworld meets Jurassic park meets mad max and a zombie survival wrapped into one. The movie could start off simply with different characters waking up on a beach, dovetailing into an introduction about an evil alpha tribe massacaring villages, plenty of dino raiding war scenes and a hero that overcomes the odds to kill the alpha tribe leader.  In addition the movie could feature the current music paired with heavy metal scores during giga / Rex scenes.  Just needs good writers and a budget for cgi and props.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

That's a bad idea in my opinion. Almost every movie based on a game is terrible. ARK doesn't have interesting story. It wasn't meant to have one at the beginning anyway.

There was a TV series that had dinosaurs and settlers who traveled to the past to leave their old polutted Earth. Terra Nova. The concept was really facinating, but the plot was really poorly written and when things become interesting the season ends. Btw it had alien thread in the plot like ARK. There was no season 2, because viewers were quite disappointed. So, I'm quite sceptical. 

Terra Nova getting cancelled was a joke, it didn't have awful ratings in the slightest but it cost an absolute bundle to produce, I believe the pilot was the most expensive ever made.  

 

It was pretty poor at times though, but the last episode or 2 of season 1 had me very interested in Season 2, shame it never happened and Netflix decided not to resurrect it last year as was rumoured 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flaminraptors said:

Terra Nova getting cancelled was a joke, it didn't have awful ratings in the slightest but it cost an absolute bundle to produce, I believe the pilot was the most expensive ever made.  

t was pretty poor at times though, but the last episode or 2 of season 1 had me very interested in Season 2, shame it never happened and Netflix decided not to resurrect it last year as was rumoured 


There were a few issues with Terra Nova, but the worst thing about it was that they had Fox as a producer.
Fox has a bad reputation for creating a series, getting people hooked on it, and then trying to sell said series
to other channels at a bigger profit.

Plus, it didn't help that they raptored with the airing. They decided MLB was more important. Bleh! I've not watched
Fox since then. I wish Netflix would pick it up and continue...

Aside from Fox's ass-hattery, Terra Nova's main issue was that it was doing too much at once.. You had a story that
involved time travel, dinosaurs, was a thriller, mystery drama that was also trying to be a family show. It just, Ugh.
It didn't know who it's target audience was and tried to cater to everyone.They tried to please everyone and failed
to please as many as they had hoped.

That seems to be a common thing when it concerns dinosaur media in general. Looking up all the shows that
had dinosaurs in them as a main plot point or story setting, the maximum "life span" seems to be about 3 seasons
for some shows and as few as 14 episodes. Granted most tv series film just enough to hit syndication then stop.

 

Edited by Extraterrestrial
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2017 at 2:05 PM, PuffyPony said:

Clearly hasn't read the dossiers ;)

I think a TV series would be better than a movie. You could have a multi-perspective series on the Island focusing on Helena, Rockwell, etc., and then a series on Scorched Earth focusing on Dahkeya and co. It'd all depend on how good the director is, how well done the fx are, etc. etc. It's a neat premise, but it would need a lot more than just Wildcard to do

Im curious at how they would ever end the movie .. ark really doesnt have a true ending.. so as you mentioned i think a tv series would be decent idea.. have diffrent people on different maps that have those unique dinos and later in series they find out how to travel to the others and introduce the new dinos to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JakeFromStateFarm377 said:

Im curious at how they would ever end the movie .. ark really doesnt have a true ending.. so as you mentioned i think a tv series would be decent idea.. have diffrent people on different maps that have those unique dinos and later in series they find out how to travel to the others and introduce the new dinos to them

They'd need to develop an ending, obviously. For instance, the series could be following inter-tribe conflicts on the ARK, and it basically ends with the protagonist(s) learning about Ascension, making it through the TEK Cave, and using their new power/perspective to end the conflict. It sounds really cheesy when you put it that way, but also, the best stories never truly end

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PuffyPony said:

They'd need to develop an ending, obviously. For instance, the series could be following inter-tribe conflicts on the ARK, and it basically ends with the protagonist(s) learning about Ascension, making it through the TEK Cave, and using their new power/perspective to end the conflict. It sounds really cheesy when you put it that way, but also, the best stories never truly end

Yeah haha.. sure would be interesting to see such a series or movie.. i dont think itd do well.. if its not jurassic park.. itd be hard to get the viewers i feel like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BrownieShytles said:

let them actually release the game before talking about a movie or a TV-show :D so cringy

but maybe the game gets an anime adaption, that would be a shocker

 

That would be something for sure...

It's just a little fun to brainstorm ideas for what an Ark series would be like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...