platform saddles joke?

Avaraxius

- Platform Saddles are now limited to maximum 40 saddles per tribe. Each platform saddle (with structures) counts as 19 tribe tame slots (?PersonalTamedDinosSaddleStructureCost=19 & ?MaxPersonalTamedDinos=40).

this is a joke right limit ok but also 19 tame slots per platform saddle with structure. So this way there is a performance gain on servers?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Isho said:

Anyone knows the reason behind this? I cant think of anything else than this being done just for PVP reasons.

Too many Brontos with saddles, people being unsnipeable, I guess that this change, the 10% more dmg for turrets and - Turrets now have a Players Only mode which targets players riding on dinos before targetting the dino.  change is making it harder to raid I guess, didn't the community wanted that?

1 minute ago, Megar said:

Too many Brontos with saddles, people being unsnipeable, I guess that this change, the 10% more dmg for turrets and - Turrets now have a Players Only mode which targets players riding on dinos before targetting the dino.  change is making it harder to raid I guess, didn't the community wanted that?

Just like I've thought then, PVP reasons. Shame this has yet again absolutely nothing to do with PVE.

3 minutes ago, Megar said:

You mean PvE community? Yeah was just dreaming about it. :Jerbmad:

I'm ok, with limit on platforms but tribe tame slots limit IS NOT OK!

At least until they remove kibble farming.

My tribe was 20 dinos away from the cap on a PVE server. I haven't counted everything, but we will be at least 120 over the cap after this patch, which blows away my plans for breeding today. We had a whole bunch of quetzs (owned by different people) with ramps to transport dinos, a bronto with forges, a paracer with 20 fridges, and a mosa with a little metal house for underwater cave runs. I'm feeling kind of sick thinking about how we're going to decide what's most important between the structures and the dinos.

8 minutes ago, Isho said:

Anyone knows the reason behind this? I cant think of anything else than this being done just for PVP reasons.

What is it with people blaming the PvP community for these changes? Are PvE players that short sighted that they can't see the problems with their own mode related to this change in specific?

I've joined multiple PvE servers for a more relaxed chilled play from time to time, and on each of them when i've got to building a platform saddle i've been hit with a message saying the server has reached platform cap... because many tribes will slam a platform on every available dino even if they aren't being used in fear of not being able to use one at a future date because the cap is full......

At least now a tribe or two cant horde all of the platforms as it will severely impact their dino cap too.  This is a good move by WC

5 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

At least now a tribe or two cant horde all of the platforms as it will severely impact their dino cap too.  This is a good move by WC

No it's not, each tribe can still have 40 platform saddles equipped with 0 structures on them, which is a ridiculous amount. A much smarter change would have been a cap of 5 platforms per tribe, structures or not,  if this is indeed the reasoning behind it.

1 minute ago, YUSHOETMI said:

What is it with people blaming the PvP community for these changes? Are PvE players that short sighted that they can't see the problems with their own mode related to this change in specific?

I've joined multiple PvE servers for a more relaxed chilled play from time to time, and on each of them when i've got to building a platform saddle i've been hit with a message saying the server has reached platform cap... because many tribes will slam a platform on every available dino even if they aren't being used in fear of not being able to use one at a future date because the cap is full......

Been playing on 4 different PVE servers since day 1 and not once did we reach that specific limit. There are far better solutions for this than making it count as 19 tames. Wouldnt this just add more tame counts to the server and will ultimately reach the cap earlier? That's why I mentioned that I only see this being reasonable for PVP as it makes no sense for PVE.

10 minutes ago, Aldor said:

No it's not, each tribe can still have 40 platform saddles equipped with 0 structures on them, which is a ridiculous amount. A much smarter change would have been a cap of 5 platforms per tribe, structures or not,  if this is indeed the reasoning behind it.

Yeah but the way things used to be is that if one or two tribes horded all of the platforms upto the limit then nobody else could have one... now each individual tribe can have upto 40 platforms without structures on them.

It isn't possible to monopolise the platforms anymore, which is a move most likely made to improve PvE QoL than PvP reasons.

• Mavrick changed the title to 19 Dino per Platform (Server Caps)
17 minutes ago, Isho said:

Been playing on 4 different PVE servers since day 1 and not once did we reach that specific limit. There are far better solutions for this than making it count as 19 tames. Wouldnt this just add more tame counts to the server and will ultimately reach the cap earlier? That's why I mentioned that I only see this being reasonable for PVP as it makes no sense for PVE.

It makes zero sense to PvP as opposed to PvE.  In PvP not many tribes have alot of platforms as they tend to get killed quickly.. Unless your'e an alpha or mega then the likelihood is you won't have many platforms

In PvE you could effectively stake a monopoly on the platforms on a map, I have seen it happen on many servers where the limit is hit and the "alpha" tribe will make you pay for them to remove a saddle from one of their dinos so you could do it, but in those cases once they have removed it the entire server will try to place another so they have the extra slot.  This removes that as every tribe can now have 40 saddles without structures on them.

Plus given the fact that a saddle containing a structure is alot more advantageous than a mere dino without a platform w/structure they should have an increased hit on the cap.  Dunno where they got the idea for 19 tho.

so if i have a platform and put a bed on it that count as a stucture aswel, so how does this improve the QoL then, because i put a bed on it it counts as 19 slots...

6 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Yeah but the way things used to be is that if one or two tribes horded all of the platforms upto the limit then nobody else could have one... now each individual tribe can have upto 40 platforms without structures on them.

It isn't possible to monopolise the platforms anymore, which is a move most likely made to improve PvE QoL than PvP reasons.

2 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

so if i have a platform and put a bed on it that count as a stucture aswel, so how does this improve the QoL then, because i put a bed on it it counts as 19 slots...

has anybody tested it with a bed or minimal items yet? May only count with physical structures such as walls or ceilings.  If it works like that with just a bed then unlucky.  Still say its a good move on their behalf.

Archived