Dedicated Server Admins: Nitrado needs your opinion (+FAQ!)

On 8/19/2017 at 7:52 PM, slayerofzombs87 said:

you would have to create a cluster. but to use the cluster the password has to be turned off according to the general settings of the nitrado control panel. i dont know all the details but then you can switch between maps with your current character or dinos i think

Thx for the reply and info

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I heard talks about a unlimited Dino taming cap on your ps4 server hosted maps but don't see it in the settings. Is this a bug or are we stuck with 200 per tribe?

I see that the tribe members limit is unlimited vs. the limit of 10 per tribe on ps4 official so more than 200 tames per tribe would be a nice addition.

21 minutes ago, Critshot said:

Hi,

I heard talks about a unlimited Dino taming cap on your ps4 server hosted maps but don't see it in the settings. Is this a bug or are we stuck with 200 per tribe?

I see that the tribe members limit is unlimited vs. the limit of 10 per tribe on ps4 official so more than 200 tames per tribe would be a nice addition.

Unlimited tames is on by default

Settings general then a fair way down "maximum amount of dinos tamed" 

No idea on tribe limit

10 hours ago, Chunk1664 said:

Sorry for not understanding, but is there a setting that can increase the number of tames allowed in each tribe?

I have the setting to maximum and its still only saying 200 per tribe in the game?

3 hours ago, Critshot said:

We have the same issue ^^

On the dashboard for me it says unlimited i cant see where it says about it in-game though i just assumed it is unlimited. This is on pc hosted Nitrado server for ps4. 
If your still getting a limit try tweeting at them as beyond release day i do not think they are still looking in these forums :( (their twitter https://twitter.com/Nitrado_EN ) or submit a ticket on the dashboard, could be the option is broke Wild Cards side though) 
Good luck!

Capture.PNG

Just now, TheDave said:

On the dashboard for me it says unlimited i cant see where it says about it in-game though i just assumed it is unlimited. This is on pc hosted Nitrado server for ps4. 
If your still getting a limit try tweeting at them as beyond release day i do not think they are still looking in these forums :( (their twitter https://twitter.com/Nitrado_EN ) or submit a ticket on the dashboard, could be the option is broke Wild Cards side though) 
Good luck!

Capture.PNG

That's the setting we have as maximum but in game it still days 200 as the tame limit.

I have tweeted then a couple of times but no answer yet 

1 minute ago, Chunk1664 said:

That's the setting we have as maximum but in game it still days 200 as the tame limit.

I have tweeted then a couple of times but no answer yet 

yeah their customer care leads a lot to be desired, but they have the monopoly on ps4 servers and know it :(
where abouts do you check the limit in game and ill check when i get home (4-5 hours from now) im guessing its a broken setting or the per tribe tamed setting is something else perhaps......googling i cant find much on it apart from some reference about platform sadles being 19 dinos off the tribe limit : http://www.player.one/ark-survival-evolved-ark-survival-evolved-update-ark-survival-evolved-265-119208
quote: http://www.player.one/ark-survival-evolved-ark-survival-evolved-update-ark-survival-evolved-265-119208

A work around may be to have two tribes and then an all inclusive alliance (if thats possible)....not ideal granted but may be a good stopgap solution

3 hours ago, TheDave said:

yeah their customer care leads a lot to be desired, but they have the monopoly on ps4 servers and know it :(
where abouts do you check the limit in game and ill check when i get home (4-5 hours from now) im guessing its a broken setting or the per tribe tamed setting is something else perhaps......googling i cant find much on it apart from some reference about platform sadles being 19 dinos off the tribe limit : http://www.player.one/ark-survival-evolved-ark-survival-evolved-update-ark-survival-evolved-265-119208
quote: http://www.player.one/ark-survival-evolved-ark-survival-evolved-update-ark-survival-evolved-265-119208

A work around may be to have two tribes and then an all inclusive alliance (if thats possible)....not ideal granted but may be a good stopgap solution

The only place in game is in your inventory.  Is still reads as x of 200.

Be a shame if we can't increase it as there are only 15 people in 7 tribes  on our 26 slot server

On 8/17/2017 at 1:26 AM, LaPatron said:

Hello guys.

Is There any way to play splitscreen on the new nitrado ps4 Server?

or will it add later into the game?

on non dedicated server its possible to play splitscreen, and i test all on nitrado server but its not working.

please Wildcrad add this feature :)

best regards

I second this. Me and my wife would host a non-dedicated server via splitscreen and our 2 nephews across the country would connect with splitscreen as well. I rented the server to get rid of the tether but we lost the splitscreen feature which only let 2 of us play instead of 4.

Are there any plans to do add splitscreen since they're not official servers? Or should we just cancel the rental service and deal with tethering on non-dedicated?

On 9/1/2017 at 9:13 PM, Kalyper said:

I second this. Me and my wife would host a non-dedicated server via splitscreen and our 2 nephews across the country would connect with splitscreen as well. I rented the server to get rid of the tether but we lost the splitscreen feature which only let 2 of us play instead of 4.

Are there any plans to do add splitscreen since they're not official servers? Or should we just cancel the rental service and deal with tethering on non-dedicated?

I wish they could figure out a way to add split screen too.  More of my family could play together.  My husband and I had a similar situation.  When the tether slider was enabled, it wasn't so bad to deal with the tether, but 250m for 4 people gets crowded.  We spent the whole time wrangling everyone together before doing anything, and it just took too much coordination.

We actually ended up buying an extra second hand PS4 and my brother is thinking about borrowing one from our dad so his kid can play with us all together on the server.  It's an expense, for sure, and I know not everyone can do that.  But I will say that going from split screen play with a tether to a full screen with no tether has been awesome.  Not to forget to mention, they can jump on and play whenever they want.  To me it was worth the investment.  The game feels richer and fuller and more free.  Instead of trying to wrangle up everyone now, we spend time figuring out where everyone got off to.  Lol!  It's fun.

I'm not sure that Nitrado is checking this thread anymore.  They have been pretty active at communicating on their Twitter feed.  Nitrado_EN is their handle. I got a twitter account just for this game.  It's been useful.

Good luck!

We've been trying to rent a 3rd server for the cluster over the past week and there is no option to rent an additional Ark PS4 server in the US server sites or London. Only Germany was available.  One of our clustered servers is out of Miami and our player base is east coast dominated.  Any news, if/when Nitrado will enable more servers to be rented out of US locations?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/16/2017 at 9:53 AM, Ghost0744 said:

Can anyone answer when Ps4 users will be able to edit flyer speeds on aNitrado dedicated server?! Can't find the info anywhere. Thank you to anyone who answers. 

Agreed, bring classic flyers to PS4.  

I've had a nitrado server for a few months now and its been pretty good.  My only complaint being over the holidays when they did the multi update for aberration it crashed our server and it took nitrado 5 days to send a response to my ticket.  I restored a backup and fixed it myself 4 days prior.  It's a cool service to have but be prepared to do your own maintenance if you get one.  My suggestions being find a way to add mod support, and actually add support to keep your customers happy.  

Archived