Dedicated Server Admins: Nitrado needs your opinion (+FAQ!)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for being here to answer questions and get our input.

I plan on running a Ragnarock server after it is released on the console.  But in the meantime, I thought it could be fun to run an Extinction Server to get everybody's feet wet and and basically have a very final ending so it is easier to leave that world behind and start over.

So is that possible on the PS4?

15 hours ago, NitradoAndre said:

Because console manufacturers are quite a paranoid bunch of people, you will not be able to directly edit the INI files. However, our goal is to provide any desired configuration option for easy adjustment through our web interface. In the end, that means more work for us, but more convenience for you. Just let us know which configuration options you guys are missing and we'll add them ASAP. I've got some good news for you though

How do you specify the engraved points per level? No point having higher levels if you don't get engraved points when you hit them :)

the level ramps really need a way to input multiple entries at a time 
Ideally via comma separated list
or just let us edit the damn ini file! spent half an hour so far adding entries to the player level ramp click create new setting, wait for page to load, drop down to player, type level in box type total xp needed to reach for that level, click save, wait for page to load, scroll down click create new setting 

I thank you for the setting but this is slow as hell and these page loads can not be good for your server.

Side note on pc.
go here http://arksurvivalevolved.gamewalkthrough-universe.com/dedicatedservers/customizationtools/customlevelstool/Default.aspx 
setup comma seperated list
hit generate
ftp into server edit ini 
paste
save
DONE 

ok so we cant have ftp, i get that (and believe ps4's "for the players" slogan needs looking at by the trade description act people) but there has to be a better way then one at a time PLEASE

Same with engram points per level, it is going to take forever to do this one at a time!

Hey Nitrado! Im really glad to see you guys have took an initiative approach and made it easy for ppl to give yall input and ask their questions with relatively quick and specific replies. I, myself, am on xbox so I still have alil waiting to do but when the time comes, ill be looking much further into this and a already feel more comfortable with it given the honesty of your answers and just wanted to ask that you guys keep it up!

thanks guys!:Melee_Damage: 

I couldn't hit REFRESH fast enough when the servers went live. Thanks so much for all the work your team is doing.

Since we can not transfer a current dedicated server over, I'm going to use the next week and a half to play around with the settings, get a feel for everything and then go live when Rag comes out.

My wish list is small.

Being able to whitelist/admin people from the web interface. I realize since you're dealing with your own hardware but technically Sony's software in regards to user names/ID's this may be a little hard. I like the ability to be recognized as the admin on my own server without having to enter a password each time.

Mods.. they'd be great but I understand that while everyone screams "But the PC players have them from Steam and you're running our servers on a PC, why can't you do this?!?" that this is an obvious issue with Sony (and will be with MS I'm sure) as to what they let into their ecosystem.

I'm really just happy that I will be able to finally shut down my other PS4, and not have to get messages from my players when my PS4 freezes, or my ISP decides to push an update and restart our connections at 4am.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing how this grows.

Now.. back to playing with my server settings.

Haunt

9 hours ago, Twackersixx said:

Is there a way to ban players? I am in need of that option. Please let me know.

you can but wild card did not make it easy!

press options so you can see the menu ingame 
press l1 r1 square and traingle a box appears with request admin
in the box write your server password hit request admin
press options and you should see admin command at the top

this step you may not need : type setcheatplayer true  (might be setplayercheat typing from memory) hit admin command a ton of text appears
options button and this time enter ShowMyAdminManager hit admin command
from there you should be able to select the player and ban them (not tried but it is the admin screen) 

why wild card made it so badly is beyond me but hey hope that helps!

So we may now rent ps4 servers (or here soon)   so my question is.. (and lets say we are using the site that wildcard has linked in their latest article in the news)  if we dont have the money to keep paying every month (hypothetical) or something among those lines and we dont pay the fee for say...3 months, the server will be shut down obviously but will it keep the server saved data and all the stuff will still be there if i wish to renew my subscription later down the line or will not paying it erase all the data on the server? i ask this because im curious and dont want us to spend hundreds of hours on a server only to have it be erased because of a failed payment or money etc.  hopefully this hasnt been asked yet and thanks in advance for any answers you may or may not have!

In my opinion it is the server owner/renter's responsibility to make sure these payments are made. 

Its just like the real world and it is business. If you don't pay your house bill or car bill it will get taken away. Same as the server.

Nitrado does have an auto pay feature so when the time you have selected is up it will auto bill you for the next month. You just have to activate this feature. They will also remind you via email that your days rented are about to expire and that you should renew.

I doubt that they will keep your data if you fail to pay as they will need to delete it and make room for the other customers.

Hello all,

Not sure if this question has been asked, sorry if its a duplicate 

If i rent a server as the center map and want to switch to rag when it comes out or shortly after. Can i just load my dinos and toon in the obelisk and then unload them once the map has switched over? Or would i need to rent a new server to accomplish this 

Thanks in advance 

On 8/18/2017 at 8:22 PM, Ouja said:

Hello all,

Not sure if this question has been asked, sorry if its a duplicate 

If i rent a server as the center map and want to switch to rag when it comes out or shortly after. Can i just load my dinos and toon in the obelisk and then unload them once the map has switched over? Or would i need to rent a new server to accomplish this 

Thanks in advance 

you would have to create a cluster. but to use the cluster the password has to be turned off according to the general settings of the nitrado control panel. i dont know all the details but then you can switch between maps with your current character or dinos i think

one thing i think we should not have to do to enable cluster is disable the password. i have this on to prevent people building who i dont know or causing chaos on my server. if i turn off the password to do exchanges with the cluster then surely i risk this happening. i dont want to deal with griefers or trolls or unwanted people on my server

On 8/18/2017 at 10:35 AM, Shadow7770 said:

So we may now rent ps4 servers (or here soon)   so my question is.. (and lets say we are using the site that wildcard has linked in their latest article in the news)  if we dont have the money to keep paying every month (hypothetical) or something among those lines and we dont pay the fee for say...3 months, the server will be shut down obviously but will it keep the server saved data and all the stuff will still be there if i wish to renew my subscription later down the line or will not paying it erase all the data on the server? i ask this because im curious and dont want us to spend hundreds of hours on a server only to have it be erased because of a failed payment or money etc.  hopefully this hasnt been asked yet and thanks in advance for any answers you may or may not have!

You expect them to store your server data for free?

Archived