Sniper Rifle VS Longneck

Robw2201

As far as I know the longneck is the most powerful ranged weapon, but I prefer the fab sniper, because you don't have to reload after every shot and you have already a scope on it and can attach other stuff like holo-scope, red point or silencer to it. Downsides are the cost of materials and the bullets are more expensive to craft.

• Volunteer Moderator

I generally don't like the single shot but that being said its cheaper and easier to make. With fabricated you get the extra slot too.. I generally use fabricated when raiding over single but really not much of a difference imo.. I just like 1-2 tapping people in the brains before they know what hit them.

The long-neck is powerfull but slow to shoot,  if the dragons have a lot of health it may take a while to kill them,  which means you could get spotted or they move.  The fab sniper shoots rapid and can kill things pretty quickly,  I have even enraged a giga before by shooting it fast enough. 

If cost isn't an issue go with asc fab snipers,  they will destroy anything,  if cost is an issue and you are making primitive weapons,  don't make a fab sniper they break too fast and do poo damage. Primitive long-necks are better and more cost effective. Best cost too effect ratio in my opinion is to make apprentice fab snipers pretty good damage,  good durability and not mega expensive to farm. Best trolling gear is apprentice riot and fab sniper, cheap enough not to care about but still strong.

Take spare guns of whatever type you choose,  nothing worse than your sniper breaking when their dragon is bloody lol

Also can I recommend the compound bow,  it shreds dinos and will rip the dragons apart if you can get a few shots into them,  plus it's silent.

Archived