Scorched Earth generator repair

LPTF

Is there any way to avoid the scorched earth generator decay? It means I have to log into the server at least once every 24 hours, otherwise the generator is destroyed and all my refrigerated items are destroyed.

Is it something to do with the location / structure in which the generator is placed?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Hello LPTF,

If you are on a PVE server then go out into the dunes and use wind turbines. If you are on a PVP server then Yes you need to repair your generator that many times a day or somehow work a turbine into your build. This is a major complaint of Scorched and is a reason why most tribes do not have alpha bases on SE.

P.S. If you are playing on unofficial you can use the S+ mod and their generator will not take damage  

~Spooxy

8 hours ago, Goha said:

It seems to me that when I'm offline the generator does not decay that much.

When I log in it's usually around 950/1000. If i play a couple of hours it's down to 5-700.

I did not do any testing it's just my experience.

Offline damage prevents anything you have including generators from taking decay damage while you are not logged in, so you dont have to worry about logging back in just to repair generators, just make sure to check on them while you're playing for long periods.

Also the more things you have attached to a single generator the faster the decay, i have 16 AC and 18 fridges and a chem bench attached to one generator and i still only have to repair it probably once every 8-10hours of actual play time.

Always build a back up electrical generator and enable the auto setting. Try to find a place with 100% wind as they do not take the heat damage of the high temperatures of scorched earth. 

Your generators will take no damage as long as no one in your tribe is logging into the game. 

Tek level generators do not take heat damage either. But I believe they still power down during electrical storms.

5 hours ago, ZombiePlague said:

Always build a back up electrical generator and enable the auto setting. Try to find a place with 100% wind as they do not take the heat damage of the high temperatures of scorched earth. 

Your generators will take no damage as long as no one in your tribe is logging into the game. 

Tek level generators do not take heat damage either. But I believe they still power down during electrical storms.

Unknown areas also count as 100% wind 

• 3 weeks later...

I give up to use electrical generator. Take some time find 100% wind place. The desert out side the map always 100% wind. To make some cables then start to build your electrical net world. Even if the lighting  storm come it can't cut your power. Then you can focus on other things don't care about the electricity.

Archived