Dragon after 67% nerf

TheyCallMeAces

Was sooo excited to read all the island bosses received a 67% nerf across the board. 

We got 10 people together, 1 yuty, and 12 rexes, all around 30k health and 850+ melee. 

We did all the things- dodge the fire balls, kills mobs, munch dragon when it landed. 

To our dismay the dragon ripped all of our tames to dealth. We use to do this boss over and over. Now not so much. Anyone know a good method? We back to compound bows and fab pistols?

1 hour ago, lashton said:

I think they meant 67% buff, it seemed too easy, or maybe dinos get a 67% nerf in the arena

- Fixed boss scaling for multiplayer sessions (approximately 67% easier)

I don't know what world of Ark you play in, but the bosses were never EASY in recent days. The 67% made them easier.

Are you on console OP? Or PC?

And which version of the Dragon did you fight? I'm still hearing word that Alpha and maybe medium are still really hard to do, but then again I've been out of the loop for boss testing. I think herbies are better against dragon...or so I heard because they have resistance to fire. Someone else can probably give better info though.

1 hour ago, Ulta said:

- Fixed boss scaling for multiplayer sessions (approximately 67% easier)

I don't know what world of Ark you play in, but the bosses were never EASY in recent days. The 67% made them easier.

Are you on console OP? Or PC?

And which version of the Dragon did you fight? I'm still hearing word that Alpha and maybe medium are still really hard to do, but then again I've been out of the loop for boss testing. I think herbies are better against dragon...or so I heard because they have resistance to fire. Someone else can probably give better info though.

Yes, herbies have resistance, theris shred dragon.Anyway its still doable with rexes

Heres link to video.

This was run last night on PC as of patch 264.53

The ideal team is 6 ridden rexs + 14 unmanned. obviously the more manned rexs the better but i have found 6 is the least you can use to guarantee getting it pinned.

So spawn in, scatter and avoid the fireballs, when it lands have everyone run in from a different direction around the dragon then try and walk UNDER it, once under have everyone look up in first person mode then start to attack, then whoever is controller the rest of the rexs can whistle attack target to pile the rest in. 

If done correctly it will get stuck once it takes off then its just a waiting game, as you can see theres plenty of time if you miss getting it stuck a few times at the start.

The only real issues once stuck is if someone looks down it can escape and you will need to pin again.

Audio is just poop talk as i didn't think i'd be sharing this with anyone as an instructional video :) 

1 hour ago, Karnivore said:

Heres link to video.

This was run last night on PC as of patch 264.53

The ideal team is 6 ridden rexs + 14 unmanned. obviously the more manned rexs the better but i have found 6 is the least you can use to guarantee getting it pinned.

So spawn in, scatter and avoid the fireballs, when it lands have everyone run in from a different direction around the dragon then try and walk UNDER it, once under have everyone look up in first person mode then start to attack, then whoever is controller the rest of the rexs can whistle attack target to pile the rest in. 

If done correctly it will get stuck once it takes off then its just a waiting game, as you can see theres plenty of time if you miss getting it stuck a few times at the start.

The only real issues once stuck is if someone looks down it can escape and you will need to pin again.

Audio is just poop talk as i didn't think i'd be sharing this with anyone as an instructional video :) 

Shucks...they said they fixed the pinning. So once more someone proves that they had to pin it and use an exploit to beat it.

Get on your game WC. Fix the pinning and nerf it more to make it do-able LEGIT without us needing to resort to using an exploit.

25 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Shucks...they said they fixed the pinning. So once more someone proves that they had to pin it and use an exploit to beat it.

Get on your game WC. Fix the pinning and nerf it more to make it do-able LEGIT without us needing to resort to using an exploit.

No, we had to pin it as always.

Even with other rexs with 25k hp and 1150-1200% melee, it can not be beaten in the time allowed. You get maybe 10-15s tops of attacking while it landed, and without pinning it will continue to use breath and it only take 4 breath to kill any rex regardless of HP as it does 25% damage.

There is a sequence to its attacks and you CAN learn to avoid the breath...but it's a hell of a lot of work.

8 minutes ago, phantom55 said:

we couldn't stuck it succesfully and beta one wiped us two times yesterday.Dragon breath attack still OP even %67 nerf as they said.

How many ridden rexs? and no, the 67% nerf does not affect the dragons breath. It does 25% total hp regardless of HP, saddle, imprint rider bonus. Its just a flat 25% damage.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Karnivore said:

How many ridden rexs? and no, the 67% nerf does not affect the dragons breath. It does 25% total hp regardless of HP, saddle, imprint rider bonus. Its just a flat 25% damage.

It is 20%. Also, force feeding wyvern milk to your rexes make them immune to the damage over time (not from the blast itself).

Just now, invincibleqc said:

It is 20%. Also, force feeding wyvern milk to your rexes make them immune to the damage over time (not from the blast itself).

sorry yes 20% not 25...been a long day.

And really milk works? did not even think of that. That would greatly help but even with that im not sure even my 1200% rexs could take it down in the time allowed only having 10-15s attack time every 30-60s.

Archived