Elemental Rock state on the game

Megar

Hello, I would like to read what do you think about the Elemental Rock (or Golem) at the moment. Imo, I think it's pretty bad compared to a Bronto or Paracer. Starting off, you have to spend a lot of resources and time (for a level 150 Rock, you need 70 Mantis Kibble, taking 1 hour to tame, and if you don't have them, you have to tame it with 1105 sulfur and it takes 16 and 3/4 hours [Source Dododex]). It can be killed by a Giga easily, and getting a high level Giga is way easier than getting a high level Elemental Rock, as, per example, it's almost impossible to take down a wild Elemental Rock, so you can't force a high level spawn.

Compared to a Paracer or Bronto, it hasn't got a platform saddle (so they can't snipe you) and it has way lower HP than breeded Brontos.

The very obvious benefit is that it takes a huge reduction in damage, so it doesn't need as much health as a bronto or paracer. All of the reasons you listed are why they aren't used nearly as much. They're still very effective for tanking, especially offline raids when there are no defenders on gigas. And just take a giga to SE, you can easily clear out wild ones

16 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

The very obvious benefit is that it takes a huge reduction in damage, so it doesn't need as much health as a bronto or paracer. All of the reasons you listed are why they aren't used nearly as much. They're still very effective for tanking, especially offline raids when there are no defenders on gigas. And just take a giga to SE, you can easily clear out wild ones

Yeah, but the saddle is capped half the armor as per example the Turtle, not like the Bronto or Paracer.

Yeah, they're good for offline raids, tho you could bring trikes with 90+ armor saddles and a good imprint, and it will take way less dmg.

I haven't personally tested it, but it might work, yeah.

30 minutes ago, Megar said:

Yeah, but the saddle is capped half the armor as per example the Turtle, not like the Bronto or Paracer.

Yeah, they're good for offline raids, tho you could bring trikes with 90+ armor saddles and a good imprint, and it will take way less dmg.

I haven't personally tested it, but it might work, yeah.

Yup, I'm not saying they're ideal, but they certainly work if that's what you have. 

11 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

You can't really compare it to Bronto, and it's not true that it's impossible to kill.

Some cannonballs deal even with the highesr RE.

They deal really good damage, have a damage resistance of like 50%, and are really fast if get some levels into speed stat.

Yeah, but it's gonna be expensive if for each golem you wanna kill you have to set up the cannon and pillars/gateways

Even with its damage resistance, I already said that the brontos can get 90+ armor saddles, while they can have up to 60ish or something like that.

Yeah, they deal good dmg, but if you can tame a golem I think you would already have high level rexes, doing the same, and, tbh I don't think the speed is any important, if its role is tanking, it doesn't really matter if it has a low or high speed.

14 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

Takes 8 dmg per turret shot and waaaay more from tek turret, while having ~35k hp at top lvl, feels bad about it :S

11 hours ago, Megar said:

Yeah, but it's gonna be expensive if for each golem you wanna kill you have to set up the cannon and pillars/gateways

Even with its damage resistance, I already said that the brontos can get 90+ armor saddles, while they can have up to 60ish or something like that.

Yeah, they deal good dmg, but if you can tame a golem I think you would already have high level rexes, doing the same, and, tbh I don't think the speed is any important, if its role is tanking, it doesn't really matter if it has a low or high speed.

You do not need to set up gates, pillars or anything to kill a Golem. You need a platform mount and a cannon. That's it.

And a Golem also has a saddle. You can get high armor saddles that add to the 50%. So that point goes to the Golem. And even if you get a 90 armor saddle, Golems base reduction is still higher. Additional a primitive Golem saddle has a damage reduction aswell. There is no way you could surpass the damage reduction on a Golem with a Bronto as far as I'm aware of.

And sorry, but they don't "deal good damage", they deal exceptional damage. They have the highest base damage besides a Giga that can be levelled peoperly and nearly double the damage of a Rex.

12 hours ago, Megar said:

They just nerfed bronto saddles again, down to like 60

11 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

You do not need to set up gates, pillars or anything to kill a Golem. You need a platform mount and a cannon. That's it.

And a Golem also has a saddle. You can get high armor saddles that add to the 50%. So that point goes to the Golem. And even if you get a 90 armor saddle, Golems base reduction is still higher. Additional a primitive Golem saddle has a damage reduction aswell. There is no way you could surpass the damage reduction on a Golem with a Bronto as far as I'm aware of.

And sorry, but they don't "deal good damage", they deal exceptional damage. They have the highest base damage besides a Giga that can be levelled peoperly and nearly double the damage of a Rex.

Then, why isn't everyone tanking and doing dmg with rock elementals?

On 12/08/2017 at 1:53 AM, scorva said:

then you haven't even mentioned the harvesting benefits ... Doedicurus is better at harvesting more stone and has weight bonus towards stone. 
on a positive note the rock elemental's  food doesn't spoil :P 

Doesn't the rock ele get a decent amount of wood too? so its most versatile.

6 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I don't know. I'm not here to argue about why everyone is using this or likes to use that. I told you objectively that the Golem is objectively better. Why people prefer something else, is a subjective preference.

Or because other tanky dinos can be breeded, at some point having more HP than the Golems, you can be sniped, you cannot breed Golems and other dinos ain't that weak againts explosives like Baton said. Not mentioning the 70 Mantis kibbles for a 150, and not mentioning too that someone could grief you while you try to tame it.

It would be one thing if the golem were only good for tanking and nothing else, but that's not the case. It's a tank, it's one of the heaviest hitters in the game, it's a siege weapon, it can be used to harvest pretty much everything, it's amphibious, and to top it all off you can feed it rocks. In other words, it's probably the most versatile jack-of-all-trades in the game while also being one of the most powerful tames in the game. What more could you want? And if you look at the level at which you unlock the saddle you'll see that it's meant to be on par with a Spino or a Theri.

I'm almost tempted to say that it's OP, until I remember that you can't breed it. From what I can tell that's pretty much the only thing keeping it in line.

5 hours ago, Megar said:

Or because other tanky dinos can be breeded, at some point having more HP than the Golems, you can be sniped, you cannot breed Golems and other dinos ain't that weak againts explosives like Baton said. Not mentioning the 70 Mantis kibbles for a 150, and not mentioning too that someone could grief you while you try to tame it.

Well in Theory you can breed level 1700 something dinos. In theors those will be stronger than the Golem, that's right.

But under normal ciscumstances without insane breeding, a Golem is better than a wild tamed Bronto and maybe some generations of Brontos.

2 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Well in Theory you can breed level 1700 something dinos. In theors those will be stronger than the Golem, that's right.

But under normal ciscumstances without insane breeding, a Golem is better than a wild tamed Bronto and maybe some generations of Brontos.

A kibble tamed 150 golem comes out with 15-20k HP +-, a few gens of Brontos or just buying a good Bronto breeds at 26k HP easily. In the time you find another 150 or high level golem, you'll probably have breeded some Brontos.

9 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Isn't the level cap 450? And: Can you bring them into The Island boss arenas?

3 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

Isn't the level cap 450? And: Can you bring them into The Island boss arenas?

I said in theory.

@Megar Don't forget the Kibble you need, the time you spend for raising and imprinting. I'm not saying it's not worth it, and a Bronto won't be better then, but the argument I talked about didn't mention any breeding lines in the first place.

Theoretically you can breed something else that is super high and make the Bronto look sad. Is it objectively better than a Bronto then? No.

Archived