When did Scorched Earth stop being free?

Nmans01

I was gamesharing with someone who had owned ARK for PS4 for a while now, but a few days ago I had to stop gamesharing and finally decided to purchase the game myself. Not only was the game more expensive than what he had originally paid, but Scorched Earth was not included for me as he said it was for him. Late into yesterday when my PS4 processed that I was no longer gamesharing, I was forced off of a Scorched Earth server and I cannot get back on until I purchase Scorched Earth for $20 on top of the $60 I spent yesterday. Is this a bug, or should I dump more money in just so that I can once again have access to the server I've been playing on for weeks?

Edit: Before I purchased ARK, I searched the forums to make sure SE was still free, and this is the only response I had found to that answered my question.

On 6/22/2017 at 4:30 PM, Bigdaddy99 said:

I think scorched earth is free now...Your ps store may be in the process of updating...It might be packaged in with Ragnarock, the new free map due on July 4th....Try asking Jat on Twitter, if no one from Wildcard responds here...

3 hours ago, Nmans01 said:

I was gamesharing with someone who had owned ARK for PS4 for a while now, but a few days ago I had to stop gamesharing and finally decided to purchase the game myself. Not only was the game more expensive than what he had originally paid, but Scorched Earth was not included for me as he said it was for him. Late into yesterday when my PS4 processed that I was no longer gamesharing, I was forced off of a Scorched Earth server and I cannot get back on until I purchase Scorched Earth for $20 on top of the $60 I spent yesterday. Is this a bug, or should I dump more money in just so that I can once again have access to the server I've been playing on for weeks?

Edit: Before I purchased ARK, I searched the forums to make sure SE was still free, and this is the only response I had found to that answered my question.

se was never free as far as i know. it goes on sale sometimes as well

Scorched Earth DLC was never free. Island is free because it was the original map, Center and Ragnarok is free because those maps were player made and won a contest. The harsh environment on Scorched Earth, DLC exclusive dinosaurs, and the wyverns were the selling point of Scorched Earth. Was never free for PC or console players.

well basicly SE is completly useless atm. Manticore has been added to ragnarok too so also rip that perk of having SE. The only reason you buy SE now is to get stuck in sandstorms and see your generators get blown up by thunder storms. Oh and when you do decide to go out and have some fun taming something or breeding something you'll realize that the levels of SE are basicly max 45 in stead of 150 and spoil time goes fast so down that you can forget doing mass breeding sessions without tek troughs (btw the TEK generator is also being shut down by thunder storms).

Fun times

19 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

well basicly SE is completly useless atm. Manticore has been added to ragnarok too so also rip that perk of having SE. The only reason you buy SE now is to get stuck in sandstorms and see your generators get blown up by thunder storms. Oh and when you do decide to go out and have some fun taming something or breeding something you'll realize that the levels of SE are basicly max 45 in stead of 150 and spoil time goes fast so down that you can forget doing mass breeding sessions without tek troughs (btw the TEK generator is also being shut down by thunder storms).

Fun times

Basically max level 45? Excuse me?

Not sure about PS4, but for PC Scorched Earth was NEVER free. It was and still is $20. And technically, it's $30 if you bought SE in early access and want to buy a Season Pass since (as of yet) there is no option for a Season Pass WITHOUT SE for early access players. So, if you were an EA player and want the Season Pass, your reward for purchasing Ark and SE thereby helping them support their game with no promise of a finished product is paying for DLC twice. Nice one Wildcard or should I say Snail Games USA since they're probably the ones who made that stupid decision. The unreleased DLCs should be the only ones in the Season Pass with an option to bundle it with SE.

Archived