So does S+ integration mean triangle floor and ceiling tiles?

thanatosixu

I've always been a bit confused why there wasn't better building in Ark official. Just the very basic, and not implemented the best. even rust has triangle roofs and floors, and that game has almost nothing to it (in comparison to Ark). I hope with the thought of implementing S+ we finally get to build beautiful looking structures instead of boxes, or derpy looking intersecting bases. :)

1 hour ago, thanatosixu said:

I've always been a bit confused why there wasn't better building in Ark official. Just the very basic, and not implemented the best. even rust has triangle roofs and floors, and that game has almost nothing to it (in comparison to Ark). I hope with the thought of implementing S+ we finally get to build beautiful looking structures instead of boxes, or derpy looking intersecting bases. :)

Hope so, it'd make my herb island base look better for sure 

1 hour ago, Ulta said:

Yeah you can already build some beautiful structures with the current ARK building system. It just takes some creative souls to find it. Literally a TON of this guys builds look amazing, and he uses vanilla structures.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRRD8oOcOj0mAV-pKk4UpXw/videos

Those builds are really pretty and impressive. It seems everyone who spent the time to learn the vanilla system rather than complain about it has been well past the "box house" stage for a while now.

If anything... The officialization of S+ might make things worse.

S+ is worthy for those pieces, yeah... but the much have features for me are the ability to pick up pieces... and the Pull Resources functions. And the Crafting tables to just pull all nearby resources and then build larger qty of pieces. I park my Doedi and Beav... full with resources... then pull it all, and start a large piece craft of 20 at a time... and while it is doing its thing, I can get back into the gameplay.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Round structures? In vanilla? Except for the tree platforms, every other vanilla buildings parts are square. Can you post a pic of what you consider round structures in vanilla?

It's doable, just takes a bit of elbow grease to get the foundations set up. The titanosaur trailer makes use of octagonal towers that come complete with ceilings to place a standard, a ballista, and a box of ammunition for said ballistae.

S+ is a handy mod to have, like Ganelon said, for the ability to not have to destroy things when you want to pick up something if you want to move it. (How many times do you place something then want to pick up and put it somewhere else? It's great to be able to do that without destroying every time). His wood, stone, metal, glass and adobe look just like the vanilla does, you can just pick it up. His glass stuff is fantastic, you can change how it looks, things fit together well- again, everything is able to be picked up. Platforms and Pillars+ are his as well (I don't know if they are going vanilla as well or just basic S+. Fences? Instead of being different levels you can make them even and they look SO much better and when he brought his guns into play it was fantastic...no more having to use ramps to climb up 5 levels to take one wall down or adjust a light...just point the gun at the one you want and remove it or adjust it. It makes building so much better.

All his benches have the pull ability and if you are using another mod or vanilla...point the appropriate gun at the bench, fridge, crop, tamed animal in range and pull to it and it puts it right where you want it to go. 

S+ is one of the most useful mods to be put into ARK and I'm glad to see they are putting into play for everyone.

As awesome as it sound tough, i really don't want it to become officially integrated in ARK. It's better where it is now. Mods that became official  broke once WC touched them( the center mod anyone). I don't want WC to touch that mod and by integrating it, removing some "too convenient" features for their liking and asking the mod creators to modify it to their(the devs) liking.

4 hours ago, Rociel said:

Woot, Wait, What ? Is that real ? S+ coming to the game ?  That mean as you say i can finaly polish my base <3

They are thinking about it, "no promises", that's what i read in the community crunch.

I do like the idea for implementing S+ but i rather have them allowed clipping in the ground on official. Ofcourse this game has alot of limitations when it comes to building but even with these limitations you can still build awesome looking buildings it will just take alot off effort and time. Like me and a friend have awesome looking buildings on ragnarok 34 and everyone that see them is in awe of what we created and that makes us proud by adding S+ this will be alot less time and everyone will be able to do it easy without having the pain we had.

But if they do implement S+ we will ofcourse build even beter building :P

13 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Round structures? In vanilla? Except for the tree platforms, every other vanilla buildings parts are square. Can you post a pic of what you consider round structures in vanilla?

Their is not as much wrong with the vanilla building as people like to make out the biggest problem is the imagination of the users. I'm on my phone so can't post pics right but I'll give u a clue fence foundations and pillers 

42 minutes ago, younevergetthis said:

Their is not as much wrong with the vanilla building as people like to make out the biggest problem is the imagination of the users. I'm on my phone so can't post pics right but I'll give u a clue fence foundations and pillers 

Yes you can build non-rectangular buildings but it is far away from rounded.

16 minutes ago, Graviphoton said:

Yes you can build non-rectangular buildings but it is far away from rounded.

Can't build round structures with s+ either the triangle stuff has to be used in a  particular way or it creates problems with surport with the roof. I don't dislike s+ but think it has just as many problems if not more than vanilla 

On 10/08/2017 at 6:53 AM, Jostabeere said:

You can already build pretty things. While S+ is a welcomed addition imo, you can already build pretty things and only your imagination is stopping you from surpassing boxes, or derpy looking intersecting bases

While I would agree with a general consensus that the imagination is the limit, I gotta say that some weird bugs/glitches like you place down 20 foundations all fine and suddenly the 21st doesn't wanna snap because of 0,01mm of it is ''underground''...it is annoying.

Also, I don't wanna take credit from those youtubers who build beautiful things (and whom I used for inspiration more than once), one thing gotta be clear, 99% of those builders do it on a private server / single player session where they can spawn millions of pieces because more often than not it is a trial and error process until you get what you want...and that on official servers well it's just too many wasted ressources. 

2 hours ago, powerstuck said:

While I would agree with a general consensus that the imagination is the limit, I gotta say that some weird bugs/glitches like you place down 20 foundations all fine and suddenly the 21st doesn't wanna snap because of 0,01mm of it is ''underground''...it is annoying.

Also, I don't wanna take credit from those youtubers who build beautiful things (and whom I used for inspiration more than once), one thing gotta be clear, 99% of those builders do it on a private server / single player session where they can spawn millions of pieces because more often than not it is a trial and error process until you get what you want...and that on official servers well it's just too many wasted ressources. 

I think if people farm millions of metal walls just to be safe from Gigas, they can farm a bit of stone or wood to stock up on the walls/other things.

Sure it's a waste. But if you want to have a bit of luxus, you need to put some effort into it.

S+ is awesome, no doubt, but only a very limited amount of what it provides can be incorporated into official, without massive exploits. Triangle pieces, sure why not, less frustrating snap points, that'd be great as well (this is what I'd like the most), but at least for PvP you can't let people pick up placed pieces (at least forever) for example - people will stop using doors. Allowing clipping a little more into the terrain would be good, but going as far as S+ there's pieces that once placed are there forever (until the despawn timer runs out), they can't be destroyed, picked up, anything.

Pretty much every decent server I've played with S+ has additional rules, sometimes minor, sometimes extensive, about not abusing certain aspects of S+ to the point most consider them exploits. Admins deal with people who do and are caught. With official there are never going to be admins with that level of oversight or involvement - they can't seem to adequately respond to dupers or high level toons being lost, they certainly aren't going to come clear out building pieces stuck mostly under the mesh that can't otherwise be removed.

On 11.8.2017 at 11:52 PM, Arkasaurio said:

S+ is awesome, no doubt, but only a very limited amount of what it provides can be incorporated into official, without massive exploits. Triangle pieces, sure why not, less frustrating snap points, that'd be great as well (this is what I'd like the most), but at least for PvP you can't let people pick up placed pieces (at least forever) for example - people will stop using doors. Allowing clipping a little more into the terrain would be good, but going as far as S+ there's pieces that once placed are there forever (until the despawn timer runs out), they can't be destroyed, picked up, anything.

Pretty much every decent server I've played with S+ has additional rules, sometimes minor, sometimes extensive, about not abusing certain aspects of S+ to the point most consider them exploits. Admins deal with people who do and are caught. With official there are never going to be admins with that level of oversight or involvement - they can't seem to adequately respond to dupers or high level toons being lost, they certainly aren't going to come clear out building pieces stuck mostly under the mesh that can't otherwise be removed.

Very true. On my server we changed a lot of settings and disabled a lot of stuff of S+. Some of the stuff like the Mutator makes you wonder "What was he thinking?"

Archived