questions Host/local non dedicated server

maph3rs

Hi, 

so I have my own local/host non dedicated multiplayer (the one with the tether). 

Few questions please:

can non friends join? I nearly pooped this morning when I heard a jump sound and behind me was a random player not on my friends list. Can't remember user tag but survivor name was big shot. 

Dino damage, I've turned it down to zero but still get killed. What gives? Seems to just be from the bigger dinos. Is it passive damage? So hit with tails by mistake, trampled, etc. 

My settings don't always save. So I can set stamina depreciation and water, etc. Then they reset when I go to log in a second time. 

Do I have to kill all dinos on island for the newly released ones to appear? 

Thanks in advance guys. 

Answering the questions in order:

1) Your hosted dedicated/non-dedicated server will show up in the server list for anyone to join but password protecting the server will ensure that only people that know the password can join from the server list.

2) Dinos that have zero damage shouldn't be able to hurt anything. if you want to be invincible, change the player resistance to 0.

3) For some reason, it likes to reset the settings so i usually exit to the main menu to hopefully save the options. after a while, it will save.

4) If you want new dinos to appear, you can either kill them or let them die to other dinos. either way, the dino will need to die to spawn a new one in its place.

I hope i helped.

9 hours ago, maph3rs said:

Thanks. So in the case of the kangaroo I haven't been in the snowy biome area yet. So if I go there is should spawn in? 

Kangaroos in general are pretty rare and hard to come by (at least for me). use this to see where the kangaroos spawn on the island: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Procoptodon

Archived