Nitrado Servers Discussion & the 29th!

Alright, so like all Ark players I have been waiting through the nearly 2 month delay of Ragnarok and am HYPED for it to finally be released.

I wanted to open up a discussion about the new pc hostd servers by Nitrado, what everyone has planned, questions, theory, ALL THAT good stuff.  As a community perhaps we can help answer one anothers question based on the information that is currently out there. I would also like to talk about the update on the 29th in general, and all that is coming with that.

So if you did not already know, Ragnarok (And the games Official release) is currently sceduled for the 29th of this month. The main changes coming with this are; 1.  Legacy Servers:  All official servers currently out will become Legacy Servers, and will not be able to interact with the new servers to be released on launch and after. This means you can finally start playing on official without alpha tribes transfering their insane gear in and wiping you! 2: The new map Ragnarok (duh). 3: according to wildcard, starting on the 29th you will be able to host  xbox Ark servers from pc. You will also be able to rent pc hosted servers from Nitrado.net. And 4: Cluster servers, you will now be able to link player dedicated servers to eachother, allowing you to simultaniouly play on multiple maps. You can transfer dinos, characters, and items freely between the maps hosted on YOUR dedicated servers. This means you can play on the Ragnarok and the Center map(or Island/SE) AT THE SAME TIME! 

I would like to open the floor to any and all questions about the update on the 29th, and also would like to hear from anyone planning to rent a server from Nitrado or host a cluster server and questions they may have about that process.

My friends and I are very excited to play on Ragnarok. We are currently playing in hardcore official servers and we hoping to start fresh on our own hosted Nitrado server on Ragnarok when it becomes available mostly to get away from the current late night server wipes from mega tribes on other servers and generally try to make the game more fun than the vanilla experience.

One thing i just discovered that is a major concern for me is this from the community Crunch that was recently posted.

"PC-Dedicated Console servers will initially be rolling out on PlayStation 4 for the time being. We will be technically set up to launch them on both of our console platforms from a development point of view but are currently running into some business & pipeline questions with Microsoft which we hope to resolve in the coming weeks."

I hope this doesn't mean another delay.....

If so hopefully WC gets some official servers up and running with Ragnarok on it at least.

I run a dedicated server and was excited to hear about the server rental but now I hear the rental fees for the servers are pretty ridiculous.  It's basically $1 per slot per month ($20.15 per month for 20 slots) but I am hoping the increased capability of the PC based server as compared to a PS4 is worth it.  What do you guys think?  Would you pay it?

@JohnnyWaffles

I plan on paying for it,. You can adjust the slots up or down based on demand i believe. Also you can set up the server to accept donations, so if you have any dedicated players that want to be generous that is always a possibility. From what I've been reading about the servers they have a lot more power than a console console and hopefully that means it will run smoother. Besides it is almost worth it not to have to worry about keeping a second console powered on all the time or if you have an internet/power outage it is still available to everyone else.... And backups if something goes horribly wrong.

Guest DJRone89
18 minutes ago, Unearthedimp1 said:

@JohnnyWaffles

I plan on paying for it,. You can adjust the slots up or down based on demand i believe. Also you can set up the server to accept donations, so if you have any dedicated players that want to be generous that is always a possibility. From what I've been reading about the servers they have a lot more power than a console console and hopefully that means it will run smoother. Besides it is almost worth it not to have to worry about keeping a second console powered on all the time or if you have an internet/power outage it is still available to everyone else.... And backups if something goes horribly wrong.

On 07/08/2017 at 7:40 PM, Omezin said:

Alright, so like all Ark players I have been waiting through the nearly 2 month delay of Ragnarok and am HYPED for it to finally be released.

I wanted to open up a discussion about the new pc hostd servers by Nitrado, what everyone has planned, questions, theory, ALL THAT good stuff.  As a community perhaps we can help answer one anothers question based on the information that is currently out there. I would also like to talk about the update on the 29th in general, and all that is coming with that.

So if you did not already know, Ragnarok (And the games Official release) is currently sceduled for the 29th of this month. The main changes coming with this are; 1.  Legacy Servers:  All official servers currently out will become Legacy Servers, and will not be able to interact with the new servers to be released on launch and after. This means you can finally start playing on official without alpha tribes transfering their insane gear in and wiping you! 2: The new map Ragnarok (duh). 3: according to wildcard, starting on the 29th you will be able to host  xbox Ark servers from pc. You will also be able to rent pc hosted servers from Nitrado.net. And 4: Cluster servers, you will now be able to link player dedicated servers to eachother, allowing you to simultaniouly play on multiple maps. You can transfer dinos, characters, and items freely between the maps hosted on YOUR dedicated servers. This means you can play on the Ragnarok and the Center map(or Island/SE) AT THE SAME TIME! 

I would like to open the floor to any and all questions about the update on the 29th, and also would like to hear from anyone planning to rent a server from Nitrado or host a cluster server and questions they may have about that process.

One of my admins has already offered to pay towards my server so that donation option is great.

I have more info for you guys which will greatly add to this convo:  Jats comments suggest the use of .ini files. You'll have to read the actual post for the question.

Archived