What is the weakest dino you have used to kill alpha dinos?

Supaciv

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trikes are great for Raptors, just keep knocking them back and as long as you time it right you won't get hit too often. Ptera's are ok if you can find the sweet spot above their head where you can hit them but they can't hit you, obviously takes time so watch your stamina. Carnos a good Argent is my preferred as they do just enough knock back and at the right intervals to not get hit too often and you can fly away if it starts going bad. I like to use ground attack rather than flying. Rex's you need to do as much damage as possible and tank so you're going to need something decent, Rex, Theri, enraged Megatherium. Mosas can be done with a Basil if you can get yourself positioned on their back between their shoulder blades where you can hit them but they can't hit you. It just takes a lot of time. Squids, again can be done with a Basil, just watch your health and prepare to swim up if it starts getting dodgy. Megalodons I've never encountered.

My first Alpha kill was with a dodo, no jokes.

I first played solo for some months, ran into a few guys that had been raided and after chatting decided to invite them to the tribe to help my own survival chances, one of them got attacked by an alpha carno and decided to run back to the base and didn't close the gates in time, it killed him and went ham on all my dinos i'd spent two months collecting, I panicked and whistled all to aggressive and watched as the carno got swarmed, my dinos where being tossed aside dead with little problems, after about 5 minutes of this one dodo stuck at the back of the melee of dinos ran under a trikes leg that was tanking the carno and headbutted it in the leg...

I miss that dodo. He sadly died in a dodo fight club. He lead a long life and had a legacy to tell tho.

11 minutes ago, Crankycanadian said:

What were the stats on that saber? Been wanting to tame one just need a decent saddle bp.

I think it was about 200 -250. ( don't remember) I would have lost the fight but I pulled the Rex into a stego which distracted the Rex long enough for me to circle around and flank him. ;) The Alpha Rex was lvl 20

I was breeding mesopithecus as a fun pet project, keep in mind these weren't weak lvl 200 or so but they were the tiny shoulder monkey. I had about 8 of them that were just rejects to the breed I decided to kill. Figured I'd have some fun first and throw them against an alpha raptor. They crushed it no losses it was lvl 8 or 16 I don't remember.

3 hours ago, SeeRgiinfinity29 said:

Massive Dodo army

I once had a massive dodo army. About 60.

It can kill some things, but I don't think it can even kill a level 1 alpha raptor.

I did have some minor success caving with it, killing spiders, titanboas, centipedes and scorpions.

It's really funny to have them kill a couple centipedes and then all fall asleep. And then a while later they wake up again.

9 hours ago, Supaciv said:

Well that isnt an option or what i was asking. I am looking for in a nut shell how weak a given dino can be but still survive fighting a alpha dino

Why would you want to know that anyway? The only logical explanation would be that you do not have strong dinos. And in that case killing them that way is cheap and not time consuming.

If you want to know how weak a dino has to be, use math to find out an Alphas average health and DPS for every level, and then use that data to calculate the weakest possible specimen of dinosaurs that can kill it.

The dino you use itself doesn't matter. It just should either outtank or outdamage the Alpha.

1 hour ago, CCRogerWilco said:

I once had a massive dodo army. About 60.

It can kill some things, but I don't think it can even kill a level 1 alpha raptor.

I did have some minor success caving with it, killing spiders, titanboas, centipedes and scorpions.

It's really funny to have them kill a couple centipedes and then all fall asleep. And then a while later they wake up again.

I were breeding tons of dodos for this xd. I used clonning chamber too

Archived