What is the weakest dino you have used to kill alpha dinos?

Supaciv

After losing to many Alpha raptors I was nervous when I ran into the latest Alpha Raptor Lv 8. However, this time I won :)

I had 7 raptors (4 tek, 3 normal) in between level 2 and 20, 5 dilos between 10-20, a level 3 Trike, level 25 turtle (which I don't even think got a hit in), and a level 8 Therizinosaurus.

I lost 4 raptors (2 tek and 2 regular) that were level 2, 10, 12, and 12. The rest all survived :)

I finally know what I need to engage an alpha so I'm happy! Last time I ran into 3 Alphas and lost two Therizinosaurus' 8 raptors, 16 dilos, a scorpion, a trike, and 2 turtles lol not a good day that time haha

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/7/2017 at 6:53 AM, Kraken said:

Trikes are great for Raptors, just keep knocking them back and as long as you time it right you won't get hit too often. Ptera's are ok if you can find the sweet spot above their head where you can hit them but they can't hit you, obviously takes time so watch your stamina. Carnos a good Argent is my preferred as they do just enough knock back and at the right intervals to not get hit too often and you can fly away if it starts going bad. I like to use ground attack rather than flying. Rex's you need to do as much damage as possible and tank so you're going to need something decent, Rex, Theri, enraged Megatherium. Mosas can be done with a Basil if you can get yourself positioned on their back between their shoulder blades where you can hit them but they can't hit you. It just takes a lot of time. Squids, again can be done with a Basil, just watch your health and prepare to swim up if it starts getting dodgy. Megalodons I've never encountered.

This, I was enjoying killing alpha raptors and carnos with a ptera on the ground after they buffed flyer ground attack. I would just find a rise or low ledge to get me up a bit, and a ptera can hit about 2x per second so there's no timing problems.

Haven't done it in awhile though, life moves on and you get rexes, gigas and wyverns. 

Archived