ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/15/2017 at 6:02 PM, Lowly said:

Is that the way to report bugs? A google doc?????

I would actually like someone to answer that question.

I've heard many different answers: The link you post, the Bug Reports forum, Twitter, Reddit, Steam dev tracker.

I'm not going to redo my 20+ bug reports on each of those options in the hope that one of them might be the right one.

I want someone from Wildcard to tell me before I put in any more effort.

I've spent more time reporting bugs than that I've played the game.

5994bd749440c_ScreenShot2017-08-16at23_40_34.thumb.jpg.0254a782976ba7eb5fe7587e08b6a8ed.jpg

I would find it really weird that a google doc would be the official way to report bugs instead of the Bug Reports forum on their official website.

On 8/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, eschmidty505 said:

How much bigger is Ragnorak compared to the island?

I've been playing Ragnarok on PC for the better part of a month because I'm impatient, but I would say that with the initial release, which was only half the map, it feels so much bigger than any other map. And now they are opening up even more. It will be massive compared to the other maps

1. Are you able to give a time and timezone for the release of new servers?
The last digest, you'll find i was the first person to comment asking the same question, then you screwed me by delaying the game. that's one week of annual leave i'll never get back, and one week i cant take for the actual release. Time to call in sick ><

2. Why am i the only one asking this question? ^^^

3. Can you tell me about the legal ramifications of your failed August 8 release, and how we can go about compensation for aggrieved parties (I'll be happy if you just explained how screwed you got by the European consumer law)

On 10/08/2017 at 6:42 AM, Lowly said:

If you are raising babies, and there is not enough space for the babies hot box to grow into as it matures, then the creature will vanish and pop out of existence

As you do not say if you are breeding or playing on private servers, having a 255 Dino respawn on official suggests it was a raised Dino, and if you are on private and they are wild numbers, then sometimes spawns refresh and Dino's change

That should answer your question

I wish that was the case but as our dinos limit wasn't maxed out and the 255 was a rock elemental that I brought. I had a 352 rex despawn as well I used it for a day 

Had a few ideas:
1.) Some sort of Tranquilliser blow-dart, extremely primitive, effective on smaller creatures and humans. Less potent than Tranq arrows or Tranq dart, but more effective and safer than going up and walloping a poor critter with a club.
2.) Some form of Tek map or something more like a Sat Nav/GPS system, more accurate than pins in a piece of paper, a little more fitting for the late game aesthetic. 
3.) I'm a big fan of the Wyverns, and i know they don't need saddles, but i think one would be a nice aesthetic piece, maybe an optional thing for those who prefer to ride without. Also maybe some battle saddles that add more coverage and protection for all dinos, it wouldn't go amiss on my world...
(tried to post a photo of what i was thinking of but wouldn't upload)
Thanks!

Jat I would love to have this answered either here or on Community Crunch, but will we ever get an Aquatic Mythical Creature?

I mean we have 2 flyers, 2 land ones and 1 that can do both. We don't have any real Aquatic ones......The Liopluradon doesn't count that was dumb. Maybe a Ride-able Sea Serpent that can go from Sea to Air or Sea to Land. Also not really a question but a suggestion, could you guys gender the Bats please? At the moment there's no reason to tame them.

Would you guys consider making it possible to gain imprinting progress after an animal is already an adult? With the way imprinting currently functions it's literally impossible for someone with a full time job to get 100% imprinting on any higher tier animal on official servers. Not to mention it's a little unreasonable to make players lose sleep to try and get a perfect imprint. Even on unofficial servers if it's set up to make higher tier animals easy to imprint on some of the lower tier animals may grow up too fast and become impossible to get 100% on. I think it would work best if you guys implemented a special kibble that can raise the imprinting progress after something is already an adult.  And to make sure it's not overpowered the special kibble should be very expensive and only give as much imprinting progress as a single cuddle. The only ingredient I think would be unreasonable is element. That way players are motivated to cuddle as much as possible while the animal is young but not locked out if they can't manage to cuddle every single time. I think it's very important for gameplay to take into consideration players who can't devote lots of time in one session and have to play in shorter sessions.

Ark needs a crustacean of some kind. Like a giant crab or lobster that we could ride. And it should have a special kind of meat so I could have some cajun crawfish boils with them. That'd be great! :3

I know we already have giant spiders and all but I think it would be great if there was a giant tarantula on scorched earth. Like a decently high level carno sized tarantula. Perhaps it's gimmick could be that it can set up a few web traps that function like bear traps. I imagine it would look good if it was modeled after a Mexican redknee tarantula as they're very well known.

Hi, Will you please reduce the amount of the Behemoth Gateway's back to its original, only because of the amount of time it takes to farm for the full gate just doesn't equal to its worth. The fact it's demolished with a single c4, which can be farmed just as quick or even quicker. Just trying to make the grinding experience fun for everyone. Thank you for reading.

Hello, Now I have to state this even though it's a mixed thought change but have you considered the possibility of making so wear a player can pick up an enemy player through their foundation/pillar on a platform saddled tame. Recently PVP has been changing for the better through updates, and the unpickable rider meta will be a benefit for both sides of a battle if it is tweaked to make PVP/raiding more thrilling. The thing is that it has not been too much of hassle to raid, but with these consistent changes it is making Ark a more exciting and challenging game. Thanks for reading.

Can you guys make it so that piscivorous dinos are the only ones that eat fish? Having to manually go to every fish eating dino and put fish into the inventory like the old days is very time consuming. Or make it so tamed piscivorous dinos eat raw meat too, which would be odd but it would work.  Thanks!

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived