ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

Why is it so hard to build on pve servers? I have been away awhile and come back to nearly every pve server I try to play on having single pillars spaced out over large areas making it impossible to even build a campfire. Is there anyway to have it so players can't just lock down a whole area or is it what it is? Makes wanting to play less desirable and very frustrating.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of tribes resort to using behemoth gates as walls. Which is the most efficient way to wall off your base at the moment, but leaves your base aesthetically displeasing. What about adding a giant wall engram that fills the entire area where the door would be? It would look a lot better and it could cost a little more resources to build in exchange for more health to it, giving reason to use it instead of doors.

When is the game going to be fully released? And what will happen to the servers? Since the existing servers won't be wiped, are new servers going to be introduced? And if new servers are going to be introduced, will people from old servers be allowed to transfer characters and items to the new servers? I've heard a lot of different things and am not sure what is happening. 

22 hours ago, Gannon said:

2. Expanding upon this concept, will some creatures have reworked taming methods in the future? of course the 2 primary passive/tranq methods will still be the main types, but seeing as newer dinos are tamed by carrying out unique tasks such as feeding the hesperonis fish corpses, it makes me wonder if there are any plans to rework the older creature taming methods, this could also potentially go hand-in-hand with the upcoming dino TLC pass.

One of the reasons for the TLC pass was to add different taming methods along with the KO method and passive methods. Alot of the new Dino's taming methods are added as tests to see if taming with that method is feasible, that is why the diploma has both  KO and passive taming methods,a long time ago in a digest Jeremy suggested that the TLC pass will add passive methods and possibly new methods to the old (initial release) Dino roster

2 hours ago, ems0224 said:

When is the game going to be fully released? And what will happen to the servers? Since the existing servers won't be wiped, are new servers going to be introduced? And if new servers are going to be introduced, will people from old servers be allowed to transfer characters and items to the new servers? I've heard a lot of different things and am not sure what is happening. 

The answers you seek are in here and this is the latest info we have from WC so it is still accurate

28 minutes ago, kmartredneck69 said:

Is there any plans for weapons or armor that is not Tek being added to the game and maybe a sneak peek ?  Is there any chance of siege weapons or new crafting stations being added maybe along the lines of industrial dehydrator ? Any plans on new material content such as structures or resources  .

Industrial dehydrator? Like an advanced reserving bin? The two new paid for DLC will probably come with new resources tools weapons cloths and structures and the patch notes do suggest that their is still alot more weapons armor structures and Dino's to come in free updates

If the game is officially released August 29th,

1. When are the new servers going to be coming out? I desperately want to be one of the first people on the server and to get my base location.

2. What are you going to do about people who claim land with pillars, etc, and possibly offend other players?

Thank you!

The newest update on the Xbox one caused the split screen player number two to have the inability to enter the water without player number one in the water as well? Is this a setting I can fix or a permanent adjustment for local/sp split screen games. It really sucks if so because now the second player can basically do nothing without the first player following right behind them or visa versa ☹️

TEK: Is there any chance that some sort of TEK Bow will be introduced to the game? As well as a TEK Arrow who will split up into three when you shoot it or something?

Creatures: Can you devs please consider adding some sort bird of prey. I was thinking like a Haast's Eagle you could have on your arm and send away to kill something and then returning to your arm. Or maybe it can soar over you, protecting you at all times, and if something were to attack you it would dive down and attack them. A perfect hunting companion / bodyguard for singleplayers.

// A friendly request from your local singleplayer fan

11 minutes ago, kirstyramone said:

Only thing i want to know it, is whether you will be putting the tethering setting back in the game cause me and my friends haven't bothered playing the game since last horrible update. 

This is my question as well, but it has already been answered, although not in enough detail.

@kirstyramone please see the below thread for an answer by Jat where he states "whilst the problems may not be obvious, they were definitely serious (just subtle). However, we are talking about increasing the tether size." Kinda frustrating to not get more information despite the throngs of people who have used the feature with no issues. Infact I have not read one person who used the feature mentioning any issues with it. Everything except ground stops rendering at aprox 1350m, so why not set the limit to 1300? Maybe put a disclaimer that using it could cause issues? (again despite not a single user reporting any that I could find)

So my question:

Why remove the tether slider feature stating it causes serious but subtle issues, yet not a single post from people using it stating they had issues, and not go into more detail as to why it was removed?

1) Can you PLEASE turn down the volume on the animal footsteps, especially the REX or Carno.  Animal footsteps have always been over the top too loud, especially large animals like Rex, Carno, Spino, Bronto etc.  But after the 246 patch they make my ears bleed, and turning down SFX volume or other sliders to compensate pretty much mutes/muffles all the other sounds in the game.  At the very least can you expose a slider that would allow us to adjust mounted dino footstep volume ourselves leaving unmounted as is for now?  I love the ambient sounds in this game as they make it that much more immersive...that is until an over the top REX stomp totally bleeds my ears....  And after patch 256 the REX footsteps are even LOUDER!!!  Can you please look into this?  This is like the fourth time over several months I've asked/suggested this change.

2) I don't put speed on my REXes and I noticed they are much slower than before 259/260 patch. I re-read the patch notes and accordingly only the speed gained per level up should have been affected, and not the base REX speed?  It appears to me that unintentionally rex base movement speed has been negatively affected during the recent patch(es).   For example, my REX at 100% movement speed moves like he is partially encumbered after the update (with nothing in his inventory).  Could you please look at this and restore the base REX movement speed?

17 hours ago, bswinflu said:

A lot of tribes resort to using behemoth gates as walls. Which is the most efficient way to wall off your base at the moment, but leaves your base aesthetically displeasing. What about adding a giant wall engram that fills the entire area where the door would be? It would look a lot better and it could cost a little more resources to build in exchange for more health to it, giving reason to use it instead of doors.

Yes! My brother pointed this out while I was playing with him. It is poor game design to have the a workaround be the community standard. There is obviously a need for a large wall, because the entire community uses Behemoth gates as walls, so there should be an option custom designed for that niche.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived