ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

10 hours ago, Lowly said:

1- Can we get some sort of flame retardant suite, firefighter suite, racing driver type flame retardant suite, to fit into the modern technology side of scorched earth,

2- Can we get a backpack or satchel for the offhand slot to help us carry more weight?

3-

@Jat Has "specific representative on ground mesh" been dropped as a feature due to performance? As it has not been in the upcoming section of the patch notes for a while

3- will the pheonix saddle work as a refining forge? Turning hide and oil into gasoline and smelting metal (even if somewhat slower) possibly without a fuel source? The equus saddle functions as a pestle and mortar and the castroides and thorny dragon function as a smithy

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.  Is it possible to give server admins a slider for capping server speeds on dinos/players?  Right now, on my server, breed dino(s) (3000 speed on some) "break the game" as speeds are so fast that even a Niv 1070 in an 2017 Alienware Area 51 can't render fast enough and the game engine gets so far behind that imaging ends up being 1 frame every 10 secs or so.  Following on a dino that has 1800+ speed is almost impossible as the dino take a couple of steps and it's out of range.  Control on a rode rex, that has this speed, amounts to take 1 step at a time with a turning radius of what seems as 1/2 the Island map.

2.  Can we get back at least 1 point in torpidity or a slider to give players more than 200 torp and 50 knockout?  I've had players call my office asking me to log in and kill the troon that has them knockedout and keeps hitting them every sec, creating a 100% torpor situation, all at 0 damage so they're not even killed.   Nothing the player can do except try and get some1 over to kill whatever has them stunned. (we call it on our server, stunned to death, if only some1 would die) I tamed a "bigfoot" a couple of nights ago and even it, at level 1, has about 1K of torpidity. (everything seems to have a boat-load more torp than player characters even discounting breed dinos that have incredible large amounts of torp)  200, with the low knockout is almost absurd and ends up as a CS nightmare for admins.

Will there be other npc tribes to fight against? Always felt lonely on xbox one single player

Could there be a health bar of the foes on the top of the screen? That way you can see it going down and know if you are losing or not

Will there be different textured dinos for the same species? or different named dinos? Such as Snow direwolf or a normal direwolf? Perhaps snow direwolfs have a buff in colder areas? 

When are you going to work on Ragnarok stability for PC players? We are constantly losing progress to crashes and rollbacks and 15 in particular keeps resetting to server day one. It's been almost impossible to raise / tame stuff because you never know when it's going to crash. Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

probably far fetched.. but: Maybe be able to breed humans or some sort of thralled person that you can have gather, attack, scout, defend, be a look out(maybe assigned to a watch tower or to a ballista, etc.) etc. if players are makin babies: maybe have a resource that speeds up its growth for logical raising. Thrall would be cool too

1 hour ago, IndymeetsDinos said:

Q1: Will Ragnarok and future ARKs have lore like Scorched Earth and The Island? I really enjoyed finding the notes and following the story, so I would love to see the tale continue. 

I can answer this for you. The Ragnarok devs have a Patreon that you can get into and then you will have the option to be in the story of the map i.e. explorers notes. They are doing their own story that WC doesn't have any influence over and wont be connected to the other map's lore. Other official DLC maps by WC will more than likely have Explorer Notes.

when do u think progenerated ark maps will be stable enough to keep save data on them I am curious about that.

will we have to unlock ragnarok like we have to do for the center?

will the dragonpunk mod's creatures be able to be transferred to say the island,center,scorched earth and rangnarock ect: along with items ect: ?

Question 1:
I know Tek Tier brought a Dino Cloning Chamber but I'd like to build upon that concept. Ever consider adding a Tek DNA Recombination Chamber to make Dino Hybrids?

You put 2 tamed Dinos in the chamber and after a LONG while you'd get a Hybrid Egg that you have to raise. The Hybrid could have stats and some abilities and have crazy appearances. I just love to have a Stego-ceratops.

To balance Hybrids couldn't breed so it's not like u could have 50 without putting time and effort.

Question 2:

I think there should be a different kind of meat specific to each creature with special stat effects.

For example, "GALIMIMUS MEAT" could temp. provide a stamina boost while "MAMMOTH MEAT" could provide temp. cold resistance.

This would make going out hunting more worthwhile and immersive; where hunting a mighty Rex for its meat would be more valuable than just hunting simple Dodos if special stat boosters are your goal.

For balancing purposes the effect would only occur if the meat was cooked.

Question 3:

Are you going to add more unique diseases to the game?

I'd really like to see more unique antidotes that force you to scavenge the island for rare ingredients to cure yourself.

Hi Jeremy, Was wondering if Official PVE/PVP Primitive Servers on both Xbox One and PS4 will be getting servers for the new Ragnarok map and future content? As I haven't been able to find any information about the Primitive Servers regarding these upcoming updates, OR will these servers be limited to only the Island and the current SE expansion? 

Thanks and keep up the amazing work!

First of all, I love breeding and all the colours available that you can get as mutations but I feel like we could use a few more. Some colours I would like to see would be a vibrant purple like the purple dye we currently have in-game, a light pink like the shade of bubble gum, a turquoise, and possibly a more neon orange. Any plans to add more colours in the future?

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived