ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

In an E3 interview Cedric talked about how he would love to see the team focus more on PvE for the players. Is this shared opinion across the team? Will future expansion focus more on PvE team focused fun, instead of adding things which will only add to the PvP arsenal of things?

Scorched Earth brought a new challenge with the map, sure, but nothing new in terms of tougher caves or a tougher boss(most tribes on SE farm the Manticore for easy Element, even if he's a very cool looking boss ;) )
As Cedric said, PvP players will always just be PvP players and play with whatever the PvE players are getting. If you want to kill other players, you can always kill other players, but if you want to go and have more fun with PvE it's very limited.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the release of Scorched Earth over a year ago, many players have expressed concern over how much of the content in that Expansion is or has since become free. With the adoption of Ragnarok, more of that content is free through Official avenues than ever before. All of us made our purchase without knowing that this would occur,  so for clarity's sake, my question is: 

When we buy Expansion Packs from your team, in your mind, what is it that we're purchasing?

11 hours ago, Jat said:

Have a question for the next ARK Digest? Let us know! Let's limit this to 3 questions per person please :) so that more people have a shot at being selected. 

What are the challenges to adding improvements to game mechanics such as Structures +  to the base game when it's clearly been demonstrated it's quite possible,functional and highly desirable by most players? The only thing I can currently think of preventing it from being added to the base game is a balancing problem with PvP and throttling the players on those servers transferring server to server en mass overwhelming smaller tribes on a server but with PvE and the new servers coming and the existing servers becoming legacy servers it would be a great help those players relocate to a another legacy server to boost population to prevent it from being re-purposed. 

Why cannot some items such as raw prime meat be stacked to be transferred quickly to be cooked prime meat that already stacks in groups of 30 pieces?I've been wondering if it was because the way the spoil timers work with single item stacks over only 1 item in a multi item stack not spoiling all at once.

I don't understand the limitation on PvE servers not being able to pickup wild dinos with a flying mount to deposit them into a taming pen when, to me, it doesn't seem to affect any balancing while on a PvP server it can be a great boon to a tribe to have all of it's members do just that and tame mass amounts of wild dinos at once to overwhelm their enemies or an entire server wiping it of everyone but their own tribe. Can you go into more detail about this?

• For Official PvE Servers can you give us the ability to make ACs silent? This would make them a lot more usable in bases without all the noise!

• Also for Official PvE Servers can we have the ability to hide wires and pipes in the future? This would make builds look so much cleaner!

• Are Cross-Alliance Privileges still planned? It would be a nice feature to have!

Can PvP-ORP servers on PC get Rangarok and Center? We are still missing it and would love to play a lovely map.

Will the moth get the ability to produce fertilizing spores and silk like the dossier says, and use its attack on the ground? Wild moths can use their attack on the ground.

Imprinting still getting a revisit? A while ago TRH made this post on reddit: 

I think that tribe imprinting would be a good start, would also help GMs so they don't have to replace so many imprints when people lose their character. Or not making a random timer and always making the time till care a flat amount. 

1. Will you improve the ORP Official Servers ?

2. Will the Official ORP Cluster receive one day also Ragnarok Server so that we can get exclusive content too (Griffin/IceWyvern). Do we receive new paid DLC Content on the ORP Cluster in future?

3. Will you rework the TEK Teleporter. Often times you are getting stuck inside. Whats about a smaller Teleporter for persons only

I though I had already asked, but can't see it in this thead:

What are your intentions with the Mac and Linux versions?

(Will the Mac (and Linux) versions get any attention? Can you say if those will ever be released?)

The game was mostly playable when I started in December 2016, but I haven't been able to play since patch 255 and it's gotten even worse since, especially patch 261 and 264.3.

I've spent as much time reporting bugs on these forums as I have playing the game, but I don't see any bugs getting fixed.

Mac Pro, GTX 980, macOS 10.12.6, nvidia 378.05.05 drivers, 32GB RAM.

1) Will there be a Tamed Eel buff? I know the outrage about them has went on for about 5 months, and am glad that the Scourge of the Ocean has finally been dealt with, but the tamed eels can no longer be used for their intended purpose: to KO large creatures in teams of 3-4. Even 12 eel teams tend to die en-masse, and they can't even properly fight their wild counterparts. Can these eels be looked over to have an incentive to tame them?

2) When will Megalania be able to damage wild creatures? I've noticed that many on Ragnarok are wandering around biting dinos and being completely unaffected, the only ones being harmed are tames and players.

3) Do you plan on increasing the rate at which dinos spawn at high levels (145/150) on The Island maps? While hunting for 150s is really neat on Ragnarok, having them occur on the Island too (rather than the common 5-35 rates) would make it so more people can run for bosses and create high-level lineages without the huge time investment and possibility of no pay-off.

I'm sure most of us would agree that we would take insect breeding with the copy and pasted current breeding mechanic, over no insect breeding at all, no need to make a new complicated system if you guys are busy. Please implement it.

Any cool uses for player implants yet?

I think in hardcore, when the tribe leader dies, ownership doesn't pass on to a new member, should take a look at that. I could be wrong tho.

As A server Admin I want an option that can allow me to have a full customisation on Taming time / ressources Any chances to have this options : 

* TamedDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier -> To avoid the consumption of ressource after taming ( when foodDrain is up ) 
* WildDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier -> To tweak the speed of taming whitout affect the tamed dinos ( when foodDrain is up and avoiding the effect on tamed dinos )
* WildDinoTorporDrainMultiplier -> To have a use of narcotics ( because of TamingEfficiency make narcotics almost useless en taming time is less than offi ) 

* PassiveTameIntervalMultiplier -> To adjust the interval between 2 feeding tentative for passive tame dinos  ( because if the foorDrainMultiplier is greater than 2 the dino is dying when trying to tame it ) 

The why i want that : Detailed Explanation

What ever happened to that duck billed dino for the snow biome that was mentioned about a year ago? I feel that more hadrosaur like dinosaurs need to be added to the game to make it feel like a thriving ecosystem. Dino's like edmonosaurus, muttaburrasaurus, corythosaurus and maiasaura would add heaps of variety to the creatures on the Island/Center/Ragnarok and they could all come with unique abilities. If you do add Edmontosaurus, make sure its way bigger than a Parasaur!

•  

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived