Jatheish

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will these be added? 

- DirectX12 Mode for Windows 10! Approximate +20% perf 
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
- GPU & CPU rendering optimizations

The servers, and their performance leave a lot to be desired... I know you will be implementing new servers that are *Fingers crossed* more stable and are stronger against DDoS'ing. What's next though?

When it comes to game performance in general... The game has come a long way I believe, optimization wise... But still, is missing quite a bit. What are your plans moving forward regarding these specifics?

Can we get a damage reduction on The Dragon's fire breath pretty please with extra sprinkles on top? 25% feels a tad ridiculous. Thank you :Jerblove:

Also can you add in those super cool unused dramatic boss entrance animations you have on the devkit? The one with Broodmother crawling down a wall and roaring would be amazing to have in-game!!

This might be a tad early as it's still a few months away and post release, but a question about Fear Evolved 3.

Last year for Fear Evolved 2, it was announced that there would be vampires and werewolves during the event in the form of diseases players could contract. Due to problems, these were not able to make it into the patch. Will these be in this years event, or has the team scrapped the idea all together apart from the hat skins?

Three questions ehh... Alright.

Any hints about the map to be released for the next paid for dlc coming this year? (something like a generic biome description so you don't completely spoil it?)

Are there any future plans in place to help players recover lost characters or a new character system? (your current system is starting to fall apart with "replacing" characters)

Can a anti reflection option be added? Now I don't mean the light bloom/shafts, I mean the light reflections on metal and water seen when the other options are disabled.

1. You earlier mentioned that you were reworking the kibble tree. Will this also affect the kibbles asked for when imprinting dinos? Beacuse kibble for imprinting I think is a large part of why people feel forced to have alot of dinos (together with the kibbles needed for taming).

2. Any chance you'll touch up the textures for metal and stone building parts? Currently the tiling isn't that great and the reflectiveness on metal is a bit too much.

3. Thylacoleos still glitch through foundations and ceilings (at least visibly. Punching them at their actual position or making them follow you fixes it). Any fix in the works for that? Unsure if Kaprosuchus still do it. 

1.Will taming things such as Troodons and titanoboas be toned down to reasonable levels? Feeding something with the stats of an early game animal fertilized giga eggs is just not right. Likewise Troodons as implied by the dossier should prefer to hunt smaller things instead of demanding a rex or entire bronto.

2.With the TLC/AI pass will we see creatures with wild nests where fertilized eggs can be stolen? This was mentioned in a previous digest after scorched came out to imply that maybe other creatures would get the same  egg raising option as a wyvren.

3.Will things beyond adding the phoenix be done to give scorched earth back its identity? With now about 80% of the content being free and easier to get on Ragnarok what exactly is the point of even buying or playing the map anymore?  Ragnarok has a trench that makes egg stealing even easier and milk has no expiration issues there.

with the unrestricted transfers why should one invest time in his own breed when one can get better stats from other servers? like, there's no accomplishment when "one" beats the bosses with the foolproof genes half the servers share now. not to mention the god genes that have been mixed with low lvl dinos to hide their OPness and stay under the 450 marker.

any balance going toward the defending side? i'm sure you're full aware of the pvp meta so how about making it clear and simple and double the turret slots and make bulk ammo (bullet weighs in reality some 50g whilst pickaxe, which also costs 1 ingot, is over 2kg)...or maybe ORP which activates dmg resistance, or both.

weight. do you know what it is?! platform saddle should weigh easily 100 units, engram grade. industrial forge which contains 2500 ingots(among other things) should still easily classify as "heavy". as such i'd like to see the number closer to 300. then the wood/stone/metal tier...basically everything. check your freaking math!!!

have you thought of diminishing returns for leveling both character and creatures? because that fixes everything!!!

more in-game server info? we'd love to see unofficial server settings before joining one and then be forced to download mods the title didn't refer to in the slightest.

what day is it today? warning, a trick question.

2x evolution event so i feel complied to ask twice the questions. though i don't imagine getting an answer to any of them.

1. Will consoles get mods?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             2. Rebalances and tlc passes to dinos that need it like the spino and araneo?                                                                                                                                                                                         3. More server settings, especially for consoles?

13 minutes ago, Q said:

Will the fast-torpor-drop/small-torpor-pool  creatures be addressed and rebalanced at some point, or a tool be introduced (such as an IV drip that auto-clicks for you), so that we do not need to manually use narcotics every 30 seconds or so for the entire tame on said fast-torpor-drop/small-torpor-pool creatures?

I love this idea a topor narcotic IV

How do you see your long term future I know you have said things related to this but I'm talking like a year later. Will you take the gta approach and keep evolving adding and expanding until it's no longer profitable. Or do you have a set idea where you want to get to and once you achieve that you will start something new? 

Where do you see future add ons going will it be more geared towards tec or primitive?

is it possible to add sliders for ranged weapon damage, sliders for land sea and air creatures respectively, and a check box for removing the Dino damage reduction of guns?

So, remodelling older creatures, I can't be the only one who thinks it's a good idea! Question is, what creature(s) models do you think are in the most need of an update?

Are you still considering adding specific types of injury that would require unique kinds of care?

Could the Quetzalcoatlus be made to have its neck upright when no platform saddle is attached?

-do you think big raids where the servers are slotcape will be less lagy in the near futher ? maybe around 100 ping would be really nice.

-are you gone add something new or buff some resource on SE so its worth playing on agian ? there is almost  no reason to build on it if you play for efficientie.

-whats gone be the punishmend for duping on new servers ? i understand that you stoped banning people for duping on legacy servers becous so many people are doing it. but i feel like you should start global banning again on new servers to keep it cleaner.

This will be fun:

Do you plan on hiring any additional support staff? I would figure any number would be nice, as you would seem to be going up from what appears to be zero (4-6 Month ticket turn arounds hurt this game an immense amount.

Do you plan on addressing the titanic imbalances inherent in the PvP experience? Anything, from the stark imbalances inherent in the maps (Where the Center is hands down better then every other map for any resource or Dino, excepting Scorched dinos/resources?) to the fact that Turrets haven't seen a damage increase, while dinos have seen multiple stat increases.

What are your plans to support the fight against cheaters, and exploiters, in general, going forward with the new servers?

• Can we get Sun Glasses added to the game to help reduce glare?

• Will we be able to milk snakes and scorpions with the glass jar to make a potent form of narcotic?

• What I think is lacking in Ark is a game mode that forces every player joining the server into 1 of 3 tribes. ---> Is this Possible?

From here there can be objectives like capture all the artifacts [one of each type only] and take them back to your team colour obelisk to win or First tribe to ascend ect...after which the server is then reset to keep it fresh.)

Consider this version of Ark like a really long played version of SOTF - Except the gather and taming rates are not pumped up stupidly high.

Hard Cap Tribe numbers online at any one time to 1/3 of the total number of players allowed on the server so no zerg tactics.

PvP would actually be fair for all 3 tribes as each tribe would have it's own "No lifers, different time zone players, casual players."

PvP battles actually would be fun! Battles would be something like:-  40 vs 40 vs 40 players on larger servers.

Will you update minimum requirements to run ARK on steam and post recommanded ones? Let's be honest, you cannot run ARK in default low settings on PC with current minimum specs. 

What's your framerate goal for PC premiere? 

Will you fix the issue with low tick rate of the official server that sometimes does not allow you to complete your action, i.e reloading a rifle?

- Will you implement a way to fully restore lost characters? With all engrams, imprints...

- Ragnarok servers; will lag, rubberbanding, crashes, rollbacks be fixed? 

- The Ragnarok map has room for many more people/tribes than the other maps, is the global tame cap the same as on the smaller maps? I haven't experienced hitting it or the platform cap myself, but reading about it often makes me worry, especially since, despite being unplayable due to performance issues at times, it's the server with most people online in my list. 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived