Can you think of any major animal groups that are not yet represented?

CyanicEmber

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about a haast eagle that you can use to scout the maps for certain creatures you're looking for, like make it a late game tame. You choose what you want and what level (like a min and max) and it'll fly off for 30 minutes and come back with a rough location where the creature is. Saves the player time, but it'd have to be super rare and hard to tame plus have a cool down period on it's scout ability. Would make a great shoulder mount I reckon as well

11 hours ago, wallaby said:

ladies and gentleman THE COMBAT WOMBAT!  an Australian badass with  a  mounted turret any1?

combat wombat.jpg

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE !!!

lol - this is awesome... ^

Glad to see my two suggestions are here, the owl and the crab.

Mantis Shrimp would be fun too... would be a good pearl harvester with it's super punch attack!

I also like the idea of an animal that makes naturally re-fertiliser  --- I'd suggest the Diprotodon ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diprotodon ), It's an Aussie animal that would of been hunted by the Thylacoleo.   I'd suggest that it's poo is so rich that it acts like re-fertiliser ( but make it so it's poo only respawns trees and plants not metal nodes so it's not op or respawn everything but not poo so often. ) Let's face it, who really bothers to learn the re-fertiliser engram anyway?    Make it so the Diprotodon hang around brontos and titans for protection, while their poo (if the timer runs out) respawns trees naturally in the wild. The titans and brontos eat or knock down the trees, so in turn protect the Diprotodon as their friend to provide fresh food.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Not enough viruses and bacteria.

This. I was talking with a friend a while back about how cool it would be if the biological survival aspects were expanded upon with more diseases and the ability to weaponize them. For example, spears and arrows could be combined with feces to create bacterial gear which would have a chance to infect players with dysentery. Once infected players would take damage each time they defecate (as a nod to one of the symptoms being bloody diarrhea), and given that survivors food consumption increases when recovering lost HP this would lead to a fairly vicious cycle where you could very well poop yourself to death. Then there was also the idea of creating infected blood packs by using the syringe kit on infected survivors, to use once again with arrows to create specific infecting arrows for personal use.

As for creatures themselves, I agree with a good amount of folks in the creature suggestion thread that it might be pretty cool to see yet another turtle in the form of the archelon.

9 hours ago, Jat said:

Pretty cool ideas here :)

id think small mammals, like rabbits, foxes, squirrels, etc would be useful as well. u could use the fox to lure the hyenas or wolves into a taming trap or something. kinda like when people use their dogs to hunt foxes. flying squirrels would be cool as well. perfect for the redwoods or jungle. falcons, eagles, octopus, pufferfish. i have so many good suggestions :)

1 hour ago, Mendoza said:

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE !!!

lol - this is awesome... ^

Glad to see my two suggestions are here, the owl and the crab.

Mantis Shrimp would be fun too... would be a good pearl harvester with it's super punch attack!

I also like the idea of an animal that makes naturally re-fertiliser  --- I'd suggest the Diprotodon ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diprotodon ), It's an Aussie animal that would of been hunted by the Thylacoleo.   I'd suggest that it's poo is so rich that it acts like re-fertiliser ( but make it so it's poo only respawns trees and plants not metal nodes so it's not op or respawn everything but not poo so often. ) Let's face it, who really bothers to learn the re-fertiliser engram anyway?    Make it so the Diprotodon hang around brontos and titans for protection, while their poo (if the timer runs out) respawns trees naturally in the wild. The titans and brontos eat or knock down the trees, so in turn protect the Diprotodon as their friend to provide fresh food.

if i saw that id run the other way lmao. those other suggestions for animals are cool too. come to think of it snow leopards would be cool as well

58 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

This. I was talking with a friend a while back about how cool it would be if the biological survival aspects with more diseases, the ability to weaponize them. For example, spears and arrows could be combined with feces to create bacterial gear which would have a chance to infect players with dysentery. Once infected players would take damage each time they defecate (as a nod to one of the symptoms being bloody diarrhea), and given that survivors food consumption increases when recovering lost HP this would lead to a fairly vicious cycle where you could very well poop yourself to death. Then there was also the idea of creating infected blood packs by using the syringe kit on infected survivors, to use once again with arrows to create specific infecting arrows for personal use.

As for creatures themselves, I agree with a good amount of folks in the creature suggestion thread that it might be pretty cool to see yet another turtle in the form of the archelon.

that sounds terribly evil and i love it lol 

2 hours ago, Friskierfoil said:

What about a haast eagle that you can use to scout the maps for certain creatures you're looking for, like make it a late game tame. You choose what you want and what level (like a min and max) and it'll fly off for 30 minutes and come back with a rough location where the creature is. Saves the player time, but it'd have to be super rare and hard to tame plus have a cool down period on it's scout ability. Would make a great shoulder mount I reckon as well

I would honestly love to see the Argentavis re-worked during the TLC pass to look and behave more like a Condor or Vulture, and to also have a true Bird of Prey like the Haast Eagle introduced.

I approve.

Primates.

We have itty bitty monkies and one giant super gorilla. I'd like to see some fast,  pounding large (but not too large), leaping gorilla. A torp dealing leap with a secondary climbing ability would be a fun addition. A cool easy way to get over those blocked off walls but not be able to do much damage other than torp. Kind of stealthy tactic that would be scary incthe thick wooded areas. Add in some bannanas for kibble. I'd love that!

Also, more hadrosaurs! Edmontosaurus which can carry huge amount of stuff, and have like a 25% decrease in weight on all resources just to make it a great creature for hauling lots of stuff over large distances. And muttaburrasurus which will act like a siren when a player is within its immediate radius. Just a few ideas

More static defense plants

- Mushrooms that make enemies have vision debuffs?

- Another "shooting" plant, maybe a thorny plant that does slightly more damage than the PSX, but doesn't have the debuffs

- A grabbing vine, not place-able like the PSY, but doesn't expire

- Grow-able walls a la hedges used in farming

More mythical creatures

- More dragons! A land based dragon, a water dragon (sea serpent), an Eastern mythology styled dragon, a tankier wyvern without a special elemental attack, small shoulder dragons, feathered serpents (I.E. Quetzacoatl)

-Additional tame-able elementals

-Roc, a quetzal sized (or larger) bird

-An Ent/living tree creature

A Giant Mantis Shrimp would be AMAZING.

Yassss. A giant mantis shrimp that did crazy torpor with it's punch. Able to go on land, but it's oxygen worked opposite land animals... has to return to water periodically

Dinocephalians or Therocephanlians would be awesome! Some really interesting looking critters

Carcharodontosaurus - slightly larger but thinner rex, can grab dinos and make them bleed                                                                                                                                                                 Acrocanthosaurus - a weaker but faster carno sized carnivore that looked like a huge muscular raptor with a small spino-like spine, provides a small temp buff, and uses it arms to attack (one of few big carnivores that could use its arms)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Tenotosaurus - a parasaur sized, reptilian pegomastix shaped herbivore, that is fast to breed in the baby and juvenile, but slow in adolescent, and depending on where its bred will adapt to the environment, ex: snow will be white and provide temp buff, beach sandy colored and better swim ms, mountain grey and takes less fall damage                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Aptenoperrisus - a jumping wasp the size of an ark ant, very rare and untameable, they are very deadly and can paralize, knock out, and kill a high torpor stat rex out with a few stings which adds to the danger that its also very sneaky, but the reward for killing it is its venom, which can be made into tranquilizers that make knocking out a giga or titano a simple task

On 8/5/2017 at 2:24 PM, Rintrahhh said:

I only play single player but I think some kind of burrowing animal like a mole could be a useful animal for weakening wall fortifications for example...burrowing under walls could significantly weaken them or even collapse sections of walls over time, or any structure that the ground has been tunneled under.

People do this all the time with rafts and rocket turrets!

On 8/5/2017 at 2:17 PM, Sphere said:

Wonder if it will happen with the expansion maps. At the moment I can't see it happening, with the game going through polishing. I reckon it would happen faster if a mod came out with this stuff. How much content has been added thanks to modding? Of course it needs to be reasonable. Like for example, you won't see Godzilla showing up on official servers. haha!

If Godzilla was a legit thing to include in officials, what animal group would it go under? Giant radioactive lizard?

Giga

Archived