Can you think of any major animal groups that are not yet represented?

CyanicEmber

Off the top of my head the only ones I can think of are...

1.) Owls, perhaps a tweaked version of Ornimegalonyx that looks a bit cooler than the real one.

2.) Some form of Giant Sea Turtle like Archelon, though you could easily argue that the Carboneymys is good enough. I like the idea of a living raft though...

3.) Some form of Crustacean...

4.) Some kind of prehistoric bovine like a giant bison or aurochs to pair off with Equus, Ovis, and Phiomia/Daeodon.

I also think it would be radical to have a giant archerfish that can function in the aquatic ranged assault niche...

Can you guys think of anything else?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if it will happen with the expansion maps. At the moment I can't see it happening, with the game going through polishing. I reckon it would happen faster if a mod came out with this stuff. How much content has been added thanks to modding? Of course it needs to be reasonable. Like for example, you won't see Godzilla showing up on official servers. haha!

If Godzilla was a legit thing to include in officials, what animal group would it go under? Giant radioactive lizard?

I don't believe any creature has ever been added via mod without Wildcard's direct involvement. (i.e Griffin [house made by Wildcard for Ragnarok] and Ice Wyvern [re-skin done by Rag team due to Wildcard having other priorities at the time], which is good because it maintains a consistent quality level.)

Also work on the game will not cease for the foreseeable future. Sure, performance is a high list priority ATM, but even if updates slow down we know more creatures may come to the game even independent of paid Expansion Packs. (Otter is proof.)

I mean with the introduction of mythical creatures you could even go that way. Though I'd prefer to go with reality myself. 

I think introducing Steller's sea cow could be great. With estimates of 30 feet long it would introduce a mammal adapt at living/fighting in the ocean.

PVP and PVE use: Multi saddled sea to land infiltration. Have several rider's board and zip from the beach to an assault on herb island for example. Insulate's rider from cold temperatures while riding, making it ideal to zip around to manually harvest organic polymer/oil rocks glacier to glacier. Large carry weight and it can be a more functional organic polymer storer then having to drag a snail around. 

Just an interesting animal I'd like to see how they'd use it. 

we have no dino that can reliably apply bleed to creatures i mean allosaurus can do it but you need to tame 3 of them and be riding the alpha to do it and male megaloceros were supposed to be able to apply bleed with some sort of charging attack but that never got implemented. anyway onto the point the dino i would like to see added to fill this niche is Megaraptor basically imagine a slightly smaller allosaurus but with a giant claw one of its three fingers each hand it would probably be around the same size as the carno or the bary and be a little weak for its size slightly stronger than a raptor. but it would have an alternate attack to swipe with those claws doing a fairly large amount of damage and applying the bleed effect.

Archelon -  as sea counter part to the Tapejara (two player sattle, slower but versatile)

Ornimegalonix - night fast and gliding creature 

Anomalocaris - indipendent trilobit farmer, can grab small prey (trilobit, coel ..)

Xiphactinus - surface predator who can jump and grab flyers out of water 

Enchodus - swarm "prey" fish with swarm or group defence

Onchopristis - ground fish, slow and passiv with medium/high dmg

That's my wishes :D ...

• Volunteer Moderator

Rats.

Think about the what having rats loose in your base or near a tame could do.  They would breaking into your food and steal some of it.  Or they find an animal you are taming and steal some of your food/kibble from the tame.  They might also steal random items.

Or, you drop items on the ground for a trade(or for the ole toss and move because I am encumbered), and then one pops up and takes some of the items.

There could even be rat nest from which they operate, and when you find one and destroy it, you find random items they have stolen.  Of course, breaking into one causes you to get swarmed by them.

And, then, just to be corny, Mammoths could be scared of them.

To be super corny, there is a chance your Sabertooth might chase after one a bit, if you are not involved in combat or some such.

1- Megaxantho. Giant crab that can get a platform saddle, basically tamed like a Rock Elemental lite because of its heavy shell. Gets the ability to grab opponents (amphibious siege tame, I guess)
2- Stomatopod, AKA Mantis Shrimp. Because punching stuff with the force of a comet is fun
3- Ornimegalonyx would be cool, as a nighttime predator. I never presented it but I once crafted an idea for the "Bubo," which is a Quaternary genus of owl, but whatever works. Perhaps it can be immune to tracking (i.e. Transponder nodes, and TEK visor highlight) and grant mild night vision to the rider
4- Maiasaur, as a breeding/incubating/baby raising tame.
5- I can't really think of a niche for it, but @wallaby's Combat Wombat makes me think of the Diprotodon. Maybe its strength and a unique saddle let it become mobile artilery..? That's sort of occupied by the Chalico... I'll think about it

1 hour ago, PuffyPony said:

1- Megaxantho. Giant crab that can get a platform saddle, basically tamed like a Rock Elemental lite because of its heavy shell. Gets the ability to grab opponents (amphibious siege tame, I guess)
2- Stomatopod, AKA Mantis Shrimp. Because punching stuff with the force of a comet is fun
3- Ornimegalonyx would be cool, as a nighttime predator. I never presented it but I once crafted an idea for the "Bubo," which is a Quaternary genus of owl, but whatever works. Perhaps it can be immune to tracking (i.e. Transponder nodes, and TEK visor highlight) and grant mild night vision to the rider
4- Maiasaur, as a breeding/incubating/baby raising tame.
5- I can't really think of a niche for it, but @wallaby's Combat Wombat makes me think of the Diprotodon. Maybe its strength and a unique saddle let it become mobile artilery..? That's sort of occupied by the Chalico... I'll think about it

A Giant Mantis Shrimp would be AMAZING.

4 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

A Giant Mantis Shrimp would be AMAZING.

Really tho. Think about this. Parasaur size or so rainbow Shrimp (would it even be appropriate to call that a shrimp? We'll call it a Big. A Mantis Big), just cruising around the beaches and oceans clocking Dodos and Megalodon with the old left hook. Johnny Two Shoes try to come knock you out with a club? Ha, hope you're ready to get punched across the Island

20 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Something that can break metal nodes and DOESN'T have a move speed of 264. Don't even care if it doesn't make sense.

Synthetoceras? Uintatherium? Pterygotus? Saltopus? Hell it could be a mythical creature too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon's_shamir We do not have any fossil evidence of this creature/animal/celestial beings,but what we do have is documentation of these life forms from multiple locations no where near each other on this planet.We have this documented/recorded in Israel and in Egypt.These creatures were spacificaly used for building an reshaping resources for building/structural integrity advancments.

Archived