Community Crunch 99 & ARK Digest 47: Introducing the Otter!

Jatheish

On 8/4/2017 at 8:07 PM, Jat said:

Will console see a return of tether distance?

Nope, though we’ll see about widening it as we get on. It was an accident to allow that slider on console, and it did cause issues (they may have been subtle, but were quite serious and irresolvable).

That's a massive shame. 250m tether is pathetic. I would not have bought the game if I knew how limited splitscreen tether would be. You might wanna put a huge disclaimer under the splitscreen tag on the console box. Not that it seems like anyone cares about splitscreen / console version.

Edit: mind mentioning what those issues were, seeing as how nobody who used it reported any?

Edited by Amalar

On 06/08/2017 at 10:17 AM, Vrallox said:

Still no mention of a tribe system overhaul. You'd think in a multiplayer game with official servers they'd want it to work right. I guess new players are going to be continually laughed at rather then invited when they ask for tribe invites.

What a warm welcome they're going to receive upon launch.

Tribe system has a few flaws but only thing i miss is that my own "generals" cannot uograde things to their own rank. Like i have a rank 10 rank 5 and rank 0 set up. New members start in rank 0 and prove their worth. If they are trusted they go to rank 5 but then they cant upgrade their own stuff!

I have to manually upgrade their own houses and boxes or give them admin, wich overrides all rights, what u certainly dont want :)

On August 9, 2017 at 11:13 PM, Tatarnikov said:

Im talking about totally not magical liopleurodon,even with unique hard and expensive tame method.just like another creature with another model,another stats and another skills,i just want to see tame and ride giant creature straight outta BBC's WWD,always wondering about game which would make me able to do this,even since childhood and liopleurodon from land before dawn.  most amazing water creature of all times made into "lucky" derpy water sausage, i think now you understand what im talking about

Ah, WWD, my childhood... I totally get that, and honestly agree with you. Sadly, not everyone else would likely agree with that, as they would "Its a resized Liopluerodon, which what you and I both want in a sense is. I believe there is a thread for suggestions, perhaps asking there might help? I can agree on wanting the Liopluerodon of childhood memories. Maybe there the idea could gain some traction. 

20 hours ago, Oermens38 said:

Tribe system has a few flaws but only thing i miss is that my own "generals" cannot uograde things to their own rank. Like i have a rank 10 rank 5 and rank 0 set up. New members start in rank 0 and prove their worth. If they are trusted they go to rank 5 but then they cant upgrade their own stuff!

I have to manually upgrade their own houses and boxes or give them admin, wich overrides all rights, what u certainly dont want :)

People could also go and destroy everything in the tribe if they wanted to no matter the rank they're given. I think it's the main reason people don't invite new members.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 8/11/2017 at 8:53 AM, Oermens38 said:

Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! 

This is the 3rd time you all say its the latest. I see what u did there. Lets wait for the final community crunch, the 100th!

Not sure if you don't know this but the "latest" means the most recent. It does not mean the "last".

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:03 AM, Voidstar said:

I think he means larvae and stuff

agreed insects life cycles are totally different then other animals like the mantis.. the female mantis eats the head of its mate and basicly literaly kills the male... so for that to be programed like that if that was the case to breed them... then u'd most likely wind up killing ur male tamed mantis then... if that was the case so yeah it would need to be overhauled for the mantis for the scorpion and others idk... I doubt it?...possibly different ways for them to breed then the mantis...

5 hours ago, danlillis said:

agreed insects life cycles are totally different then other animals like the mantis.. the female mantis eats the head of its mate and basicly literaly kills the male... so for that to be programed like that if that was the case to breed them... then u'd most likely wind up killing ur male tamed mantis then... if that was the case so yeah it would need to be overhauled for the mantis for the scorpion and others idk... I doubt it?...possibly different ways for them to breed then the mantis...

or they could just add an egg, which results in a tiny insect which grows. or maybe make it larvae until 10%...

23 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

or they could just add an egg, which results in a tiny insect which grows. or maybe make it larvae until 10%...

uhh they can't just add a egg without breeding.... involved that would ruin the concept of breeding all other things and destroy the breeding mechanic without having one the larvae part I agree with u on but the rest not not because first something must be born then hatched/or birthed then it will grow ect: besides mantis's already have eggs and scorpions the others like the beetles and arthro's don't they deserve eggys~ </3

On 8/14/2017 at 11:50 AM, danlillis said:

not all mantis kill each other

9 minutes ago, raaazboy said:

but how did you escape the ark

Escape the ARK? who said anything about escaping the ARK?

Oh no, you're there forever. You're in an ARK right now.

It may look different, with the lack of dinos and the progression of technology, but you're still in ARK.

There's just no obelisks or drops here, so you can't transfer out. You can't leave. You're here forever.

Just now, LilNastyGurl said:

Escape the ARK? who said anything about escaping the ARK?

Oh no, you're there forever. You're in an ARK right now.

It may look different, with the lack of dinos and the progression of technology, but you're still in ARK.

There's just no obelisks or drops here, so you can't transfer out. You can't leave. You're here forever.

how do you get so much reputation

On 8/5/2017 at 1:59 PM, Rboy said:

They dont need to implement it to that extend. They can do it, like the rest of the creatures that lay eggs. 

Anyway, hopefully, a modder will do what the devs obviously find too must effort.

if they want it to be decent, they need to do that, it would look stupid if it was the same way with the other creatures