Community Crunch 99 & ARK Digest 47: Introducing the Otter!

Jatheish

On August 5, 2017 at 3:25 AM, Rboy said:

"Will insects ever become breedable? "

"Not by us, their lifecycles are too different from animals so it’d be difficult to represent without a major amount of effort for each individual insect"

What a @#!& poor excuse.

Male+female > wander > egg > hatch > feed (couple of hours later) fully grown dino.

looks very easy to do as all of them produce eggs already. Just copy/paste the mechanic from the other dinos.

The actual life cycle of a bug does not work that way, not for all. Some eggs are in water to hatch, some don't, the specific problem though is the models. unlike reptiles or mammals, where they simply have strange proportions until they grow up, insects continually molt to grow in size, meaning you need animations for molting, as well as new models for certain insects, as some go into multiple stages of life, meaning more models, meaning more money.

Please, Please Please!!!! Make Structures+ an official mod. There are many people hoping and requesting this to be one. Has many features that single-players and multi-players love and longed for since it has been introduced as a unofficial mod. It is the Ultimate Ark Building Mod!

These features are what makes it very useful and sought after for an Official Mod:

• All items can be picked up(can disable pick up when damaged or prevent pick up after a certain time has elapsed)
  • Triangle foundations, ceilings & roofs
  • All Gates, Doors & Trapdoors can be set to auto open & close, auto close only or manual, you can also set a timer for how long to wait before auto closing
  • Crafting stations can pull resources from nearby containers and dinos (add an * to a container name to prevent pulling from it)
  • Item Collector will collect poop, un-fertilized eggs & snail paste, will also distribute poop to nearby compost bins & dung beetles

These are just a few features of MANY that is very helpful and beneficial to Ark Base Building and maintaining. Instead of having the same looking thatch, wood, stone metal base...Structure+ gives you different designs/patterns. Very eye pleasing.

Would love to see this implemented sooner than later!

I love the game and the otter is neat but my question is when's the next patch or whatever going to be will it fix the insanity that happens with these events my server and numerous others have had a 255 ping since Friday basically rendering this event useless unless you want to fight and a 5min job take an hr. When is this going to stop? 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2017 at 4:59 PM, GP said:

Obviously the 1.5x is a copy/paste error. But where does the midnight issue appear? I can't see it from what you quoted.

"til Monday the 7th at 12PM EST. All Official Servers....."   

My point is, why would an evolution event end at Noon? 12PM is noon, not midnight. Midnight is 12 AM.  It's super technical and their is a lot of weird nomenclature I don't understand but I think midnight is  usually considered 12 AM.

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
41 minutes ago, Dustiest-Ninja said:

"til Monday the 7th at 12PM EST. All Official Servers....."   

My point is, why would an evolution event end at Noon? 12PM is noon, not midnight. Midnight is 12 AM.  It's super technical and their is a lot of weird nomenclature I don't understand but I think midnight is  usually considered 12 AM.

Because maybe it started at noon?

Why does it need to finish at midnight? Also, midnight in what country? Midnight in the Western US would be noon in Australia.

It's pretty much a non issue.

On 8/5/2017 at 0:50 PM, ShawnWolf said:

This would not work very well. Trust me, I know.

On PC when playing with a controller before one of the more recent updates, you'd have to use the cursor instead of the selection box that consoles have. It was very bad. If you own the PC version there is no point in playing with a controller, even with the update that removed the awful cursor.

I agree however the problem you experienced was what you said "on pc" using a way to controle the game that is not intended using for hat platform thus those problems accorded. A specially designed cursor system for consoles won't be hard to do. I know his bc I do have a bit of game design background and making an integrated cursor for use with a controller is something I've done on my own before. It would be nice if the devs at least considered this or at the very least allow optional use of a keyboard and mouse (obviously they have to add a cursor for this) but at least it will have more of a specific purpose. Not to mention I said "optional" cursor system so in my opinion it's something I think they should at least consider bc i along with many other people can't stand when I accidentally hit the wrong button bc the highlight selection isn't very accurate. Or when you have to highlight a specific button just to get to another one bc there's no other "path" that allows you to get there.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2017 at 5:05 AM, HighFlyer15 said:

Recovering vital stats during that time? That'll be a very rare case. Fights usually end in the death of one side and then that fighter goes on to fight yet another thing minutes later, either dying in that fight or recovering fully by eating the corpse. But more animals sleeping does sound really nice.

I see the animals sleep mechanic as "being raided go get your giga. But oh no its asleep!" Reason I tamed a megalosaurus once and never again....

Edited by Rogueblade1658

23 hours ago, GP said:

Because maybe it started at noon?

Why does it need to finish at midnight? Also, midnight in what country? Midnight in the Western US would be noon in Australia.

It's pretty much a non issue.

Ah you got me there! I guess I should play more Overwatch, as in actually play it for once. "It's high noon somewhere"-McCree

Harpagornis moorei (giant eagle) would be great as a hunting partner. I know we have the Argy but that's more of a vulture than an eagle. Probably to small to ride but would be great for a land mechanic like the Ichthyornis does with fish in the water. It could grab fish also when you think about it. A giant owl would be awesome also... I believe someone else mentioned that and I agree totally for that as a nocturnal flyer.

12 hours ago, Tatarnikov said:

Will we get ever a non magical liopleurodon variant? bigger stronger faster and permament with no loot and oxygen buff

That somewhat ruins the point of the tame, doesn't it? Granted, the whole "Risk V.S. Reward" is not very good a trade off, but keep in mind to tame a bug is easy with proper materials. I would like the idea of the Liopleurodon myself to not be limited, but doing so ruins its value in a sense. simply put, if they buff its reward significantly enough, people will want it more, and be less bothered leaving after X amount of time on a mount that gives pretty iffy "luck"

3 hours ago, Rhedo said:

That somewhat ruins the point of the tame, doesn't it? Granted, the whole "Risk V.S. Reward" is not very good a trade off, but keep in mind to tame a bug is easy with proper materials. I would like the idea of the Liopleurodon myself to not be limited, but doing so ruins its value in a sense. simply put, if they buff its reward significantly enough, people will want it more, and be less bothered leaving after X amount of time on a mount that gives pretty iffy "luck"

Im talking about totally not magical liopleurodon,even with unique hard and expensive tame method.just like another creature with another model,another stats and another skills,i just want to see tame and ride giant creature straight outta BBC's WWD,always wondering about game which would make me able to do this,even since childhood and liopleurodon from land before dawn.  most amazing water creature of all times made into "lucky" derpy water sausage, i think now you understand what im talking about

Edited by Tatarnikov