Community Crunch 99 & ARK Digest 47: Introducing the Otter!

Jatheish

5 hours ago, Rboy said:

"Will insects ever become breedable? "

"Not by us, their lifecycles are too different from animals so it’d be difficult to represent without a major amount of effort for each individual insect"

What a @#!& poor excuse.

Male+female > wander > egg > hatch > feed (couple of hours later) fully grown dino.

looks very easy to do as all of them produce eggs already. Just copy/paste the mechanic from the other dinos.

no, remember that they have larval stage and some of them would even need to turn into cocoons, they would need a lot new models and animations to do that

3 hours ago, Rboy said:

Yeah - but why complicate stuff. Its not like the rest of Ark is uber realistic.

We dont need  larvae for the moth. We dont want the female mantis to kill the male.

The moth,mantis,scorp already drop eggs, so adding fertilized eggs shouldnd be an issue.

The bat is a mammal anyway, so easy.

The only creatures that might be a lot of work is the dungbeatle, arthro.

But hey, we have a fish that mines metal and another shoulder pet. We should be happy, right.

Im so salty/dissapointed.

It would have been cool adding mating cycles for those that do not have them, but adding a touch of realism to the game is what helps sell the concept and allows players to connect better to it. You might be happy with a copy and paste mechanic as long as you can mate, but everyone might not be as you were eluding to with "We". I would be happy with either or, but definately can't speak for everyone that plays the game.

38 minutes ago, SageOf6Paths said:

no, remember that they have larval stage and some of them would even need to turn into cocoons, they would need a lot new models and animations to do that

They dont need to implement it to that extend. They can do it, like the rest of the creatures that lay eggs. 

Anyway, hopefully, a modder will do what the devs obviously find too must effort.

Edited by Rboy

16 minutes ago, Contingency said:

It would have been cool adding mating cycles for those that do not have them, but adding a touch of realism to the game is what helps sell the concept and allows players to connect better to it. You might be happy with a copy and paste mechanic as long as you can mate, but everyone might not be as you were eluding to with "We". I would be happy with either or, but definately can't speak for everyone that plays the game.

Copy and paste mechanic is better than "sorry, we not gonna do it cos reasons".

I spoke on behalf of my server and not everyone that plays the game.

Edited by Rboy

I thought we were done with new creatures and content and you were going to start fixing your game? What about the people with random driver crashes and resets? GPU/CPU optimizations that you've been talking about for 2+ years? Fixing the memory leak issues?

It's great you're finally fixing your awful building system and AI,  but seriously, when can we expect bug fixes and optimizations?

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Seghs said:

I thought we were done with new creatures and content and you were going to start fixing your game? What about the people with random driver crashes and resets? GPU/CPU optimizations that you've been talking about for 2+ years? Fixing the memory leak issues?

It's great you're finally fixing your awful building system and AI,  but seriously, when can we expect bug fixes and optimizations?

Many are coming before or on the 29th and even more afterwards. 

Just food for thought, but could it be considered to make a breeding structure for insects? Like a "Hive" or structured cocoon? Then you could just put an egg in there, keep it fed, and hide all the complicated stages?

I was really hoping for more viable insects! I really wanted some end game ones that we could breed, like a Wasp flyer that could keep up with other ones!

• Like 1

Stonefather asks “Will insects ever become breedable? I feel like they are outclassed by other creatures and being able to raise your own would help bring them closer in line with other creatures.”

Not by us, their lifecycles are too different from animals so it’d be difficult to represent without a major amount of effort for each individual insect.

I get that this is true for some species in the game (i.e. Lymantria), but there really isn't much of a difference between, say, a baby scorpion or mantis and an adult.  They don't go through metamorphosis like moths/butterflies do.  The babies are just miniature versions of the adults, like most other animals.
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Mwal said:

Call me stupid if you want but what is the tlc pass

Good question.. its giving love to certain things that maybe overlooked or they haven't had time to do.. examples maybe sound of footsteps in dinos... Working on movements or just about anything... Kind of polishing things giving things attention. Hope hat helps

hmmm.. why is it such a problem to implement individual breeding ways for the animals (regarding the insect breeding topic)? I dont expect you to implement it immediately it is just that there should be some realism behind this game to make it perfect and putting out a different individual breeding thing for the insects (like for the frogs, awesome!) all two months or so wouldn't be a problem. But putting it aside completely makes me very sad. I dont use mods bc YOU are the responsible, reliable and best developers. 

best regards and love for your passion

• Thanks 1