Sp bosses need a nerf or something

Captmeatsack

Alright the broodmother is just ridiculous hard. I've beat her before on all difficulties before all this patch nonsense and it's ridiculous now even with custom ini boss settings. I just went in with 14 max Mastercraft rexes 1 new trex feather chicken and 5 megathiurum. She Desimamated everything. I'm on the med broodmother. I died alone everything dead and she still had about a fifth left. 

I sure hope they fix this sp boss crap soon because from experience this is just too hard. 

Thank god for sp and backups

Strange, i beat the alpha broodmother easily enough yesterday in SP with all standard settings.  I took 18 of my bred rexes (lvl 300ish with 50k health and 700%+ damage, 74 armor saddles) and and 1 poor yutyrannus (35k health, 25 armor saddle).  The Yutyrannus died very quickly and I lost two of the rexes but other than that it went very smoothly.  I had never beaten the alpha version before - I hadn't tried since ragnarok was released and previous versions stomped similar groups.  The rexes ended up surrounding her without me doing much to coordinate it and only the front two died though two others were below 10k health.  

Difficulty seemed about right to me - hard but not unbeatable.  Or maybe i just got lucky.

Yeah, it was a boss buff about a week ago, we used to laugh at medium broodmother and we ended being destroyed, 19 rexes with 30k hp and over 700 melee, all with MC saddles and 1 yuty. It was speachless for all tribe, cuz we did that often without any problem and didnt know about the buff, we read on forums after.

2 minutes ago, Captmeatsack said:

Also interesting fun fact. I just spawned in a hard broodmother in a field with the same dinos as I was taking too the arena.  I mopped the floor with her. Take my guys to the arena and it's a blood bath. 

Any ideas on why this may be? She has the same stats with super spyglass

Have you tried making sure that the server you are on is running the vanilla settings for bosses and isn't custom? It sounds like a server-side setting you changed is doing it (which one I'm not sure of though. I'm still learning my way around those settings myself).

47 minutes ago, Captmeatsack said:

I guess it could be a setting but as far as the sliders go I don't think there's 1 for the bosses.  

There's a singleplayer settings check box, if it's unchecked then bosses are supposed to be equivalent to officials (I'm skeptical about it, but allegedly). If it's checked they should be nerfed

9 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

From what I recently read, you should really just go 18 Megatherium + Yut + Daeodon on the Broodmother. Apparently they become outrageously powerful while fighting her b/c of the enrage

This is not true. The Megas have too little HP to fight the Broodmother. The buff does not make them powerful enough to deal with her acid spit.

Archived