BlindSumo4

Just now, BlindSumo4 said:

So with the game about to be coming out and duping still a thing, is there even hope that when new servers come out that they would of have fixed duping? Because a month in on new servers duping will be a thing and one mega tribe will just rule all if they find the new duping method.

have you not read the most recent posts on the ark news side of the forums?.. do some research..

2 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

have you not read the most recent posts on the ark news side of the forums?.. do some research..

If your talking about the one from last friday where they say they are "fixing" dupe methods then you clearly did not understand my question lol, they fixed the lava one but not even a day later 2 new ones came out. There will always be a new way to roll back a server, unless they save every minute which will not happen

I think what @Ep1cM0nk3y was referring to was this:

"That's not all though! We will be releasing a major version update in the middle of the month which will significantly assist with DDoS mitigation, resolve the exploit which has allowed players to dupe, and of course not to be forgotten, but allow players to rent PC-dedicated Console Servers! We're also going to create an option to stop creatures from following you with their big heads (we'd do this one sooner, but it requires a major version update, so we thought it best come with the other significant changes mentioned above :p).

Not to mention, we'll be taking care of server crash-exploits as and when they happen, working on server performance so that you will have a smoother and stable experience."

18 minutes ago, BlindSumo4 said:

If your talking about the one from last friday where they say they are "fixing" dupe methods then you clearly did not understand my question lol, they fixed the lava one but not even a day later 2 new ones came out. There will always be a new way to roll back a server, unless they save every minute which will not happen

So by your logic, since there will always be a way,  we should all just give up?

• Volunteer Moderator

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

Please send any proof videos ect ect to support for duping or methods. Do not post videos or say methods on the forums.

You can also feel free to use the emails set in bug section if its a new bug or method or even old.

Just going to throw in forum rules as well. 

Leaving this topic open for now if it goes off the rails this is a warning not to let it... 

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, BlindSumo4 said:

Are you reporting the duping methods/exploits to WC?

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

Please send any proof videos ect ect to support for duping or methods. Do not post videos or say methods on the forums.

You can also feel free to use the emails set in bug section if its a new bug or method or even old.

Just going to throw in forum rules as well. 

Leaving this topic open for now if it goes off the rails this is a warning not to let it... 

Very few people actually have even seen duping themselves just going off other peoples stories or if they see someone with a lot "they must have duped it"?

On 8/3/2017 at 9:19 AM, Jerryn said:

They have been reported. It's the same dupe that caused the Cross Ark transfer system to go offline in the first place. The devs haven't fixed it, because, likely, they can't, due to how the network works. 

The puzzling part is how the devs refuse to take any punitive action what so ever against exploiters. 

On 8/4/2017 at 2:52 AM, OGCookies said:

Very few people actually have even seen duping themselves just going off other peoples stories or if they see someone with a lot "they must have duped it"?

I caught a guy do it on our server while he was in a party with us telling us it wasn't him or his tribe. Reported him with evidence and I am yet to hear back from WC and this was like 3-4 weeks ago. We went to wipe them and after killing most their tames and destroying half their base they rolled the server back so we started wiping them again only to have it roll back again. This went on like 20 times until we gave up and told them just to leave the server. They agreed but didn't leave and tried raiding us with like 20 duped Giga's and bronto's they next day. It didn't work for them so they just rolled back the server. Then for the next 3 days the server was unplayable as they were constantly rolling it back for duping. Thankfully the duping method they were using got fixed and we wiped them before they found out a new way. We now have other people built under the map that are doing it and I doubt WC will do anything about it or even care. #gameisbroken

On 8/3/2017 at 0:19 PM, Jerryn said:

Show me some RECENT proofs ( not video of a tribe getting dragon wiped 2 years ago) that WC actually does something about them and maybe, just maybe, i will beleive it. Until then it's just words in the wind.

As for them "fixing" ddos and duping, i don't have any faith in WC. I'll believe it when i'll see it but again, i'm not holding my breath. 21 days to fix that is not enought for them.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Naerah(Qc) said:

Show me some RECENT proofs ( not video of a tribe getting dragon wiped 2 years ago) that WC actually does something about them and maybe, just maybe, i will beleive it. Until them it's just words in the wind.

That makes no sense.

I simple asked, if they were reporting it.  I made no other statement.

However, if you are not reporting it, you are part of the problem.

And with that, I have nothing else to say.

2 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

That makes no sense.

It make all too much sence, you are asking if we report and im asking if they're actually doing anything with those reports. Give me some reason to believe that those reports are used for something else than giving players the illusion of helping make this game's environnement a better place. But please go away, as you said you have nothing to say.

2 hours ago, Jerryn said:

That makes no sense.

I wouldn't go as far to relate them as part of the problem. Remember whos job it is in the first place to make a game that works. 

Archived