How do you raise wyvern with a full time job?

SuzieQ

For a rex i can stock about 3 fridges of meat.(15 mins on a giga) and hatch it when i get off work. by the time i go to bed and have as much meat as it will hold on it, then it will survive the night. then feeding trough rest of the time. And if you do an hour of meat run you can log on restack refill trough and leave. not fly around to get a vern and milk every time. So a rex can be raised and started during the week where as it is a lot tougher to have a vern survive hatched during the week assuming a job

18 minutes ago, Wohoo said:

well, getting wyvernmilk is way easier and faster then doing a meatrun for 20 rexes.even for 1rex. even if i dont know whos breeding just 1 rex/wyvern at a time (after the first "try") ofc not if bob joined 3 weeks ago ark and want straight into SE endgame content.  

22 hours ago, eddiedg said:

> 100% imprinted wyvern

> job and social life

pick one

I can't argue with that.

I think what people tend to lose sight of is that perfect tames, especially for end game creatures, is supposed to be a rare thing... not baseline normal for a mount to be considered "good".  The day you achieve that perfect tame should be an occasion to celebrate, not just another Monday.  :D

On 8/3/2017 at 5:31 AM, SuzieQ said:

My partner and I have just raised our first wyvern it's been a nightmare to be honest and not something I really want to do again if I can't find a better way! How do those of you in a small tribe who work full time actually manage it? We only hatched eggs over 150 so made it as easy as possible for ourselves but the with milk lasting such a short time we were constantly having to get up in the night to refresh it (we raised on the island and had salts in the preserving bin) 

Have we missed some important thing that those of you who raise wyvern regularly care to share? Or is it just a case of 4 days with pretty much no decent sleep and feeling like a zombie at work?

I raise mine on my days off.

• 5 months later...

If you are on PC ill be glad to help yall out I do a lot of the breeding myself and imprinting I'm a stay at home father just out of the military so pretty much will wake up to feed and imprint when needed and go back to sleep I'm up from 6am to usually 1-3am the next day everyday as I don't sleep much ive done  about 9 rock drakes and 20 megalosaurus myself on aberration and a ton of shoulder dinos haha all are 100% imprinted and have not lost one yet!

The worst parts of wyvern raising are the baby and juvenile stage where they have the least amount of health and food. 

Even then they aren’t so bad. Here’s a quick n easy calculation that can give you some perspective on how long you can leave your baby wyvern alone before it starved out:

(current food/360) 

the 360 is how much food the baby wyvern will drop over the course of an hour. They also will not die immediately once their food hits 0. Add about 45-50 minutes for every thousand or so health. 

The other thing is, what map are you raising on? Plenty of people use SE but imo that’s the hardest map to raise them on because of the absurd spoilage timers. It makes stocking milk up for early morning feedings essentially impossible. 

Ragnarok is probably the best map to raise wyverns because you have the appr 9 hour spoil timer in the bins. 

Imprinting them now isn’t as bad as it used to be. Try doing a 4 hour imprint cycle for 4 days. It’s awful. 

Best you can do is plan accordingly, raise wyverns when you have at least 2 days off back to back or at least get off early enough 1 day and have the next day off. Or wait for events on the weekends! We have Valentine’s Day coming up so that should also give us a nice x3 maturation buff so stock your eggs up!

raise on 2x = 2 day-ski to mature

170+ eggs only

egg hatch at 0700hrs

first feed at 0700hrs

imprint in 8hrs

second feed in about 3-5 hours depending on level of egg, I got away with 1 feed every 5 hours

raise on Rag

tranq female wyverns with shock darts, down after 2-3 hits, try going for Alphas if breeding more

build near the Scar on Rag to cut down on time

I wouldn't recommend on normal breeding speeds unless you enjoy the punishment lol

the above is how I do it and how I find it easier to complete, other people will be different and have different and possibly better methods, I'm not saying they're wrong, the above has worked for me on 56 wyverns (not including feeding times as you can get lucky or unlucky)

Archived