Sign in to follow this  
Helvy

Game transfer from Server to Single player

Helvy    0

Hi there,

I have a feeling that the server I currently play on will close down soon, and I really don't want to loose my game.  That is everything, buildings, dinos, and items.  Is there any way of transferring it all from a dedicated in-official server to a single player game?

Thorium    91

Hm, havnt tried it. You could try to copy it into the local save folder. I can't take look right now, but i think it' called LocalArk or something.

I dont know if it will load. You can just make your own dedicated server. Thats not a problem at all. If the owner of the server provides you with the save and config files.

Vernichtung    0
On 8/3/2017 at 7:23 PM, Helvy said:

Hi there,

I have a feeling that the server I currently play on will close down soon, and I really don't want to loose my game.  That is everything, buildings, dinos, and items.  Is there any way of transferring it all from a dedicated in-official server to a single player game?

I want to do this too. On Legacy and the server is now dead. I want to switch to single player so we don't loose all our hard work...
Can anyone confirm this works from official to single player?

Edited by Vernichtung

Campi    31

You have to have access to the server-save-files. So if you dont run the server yourself you have to ask the admin if he would provide the save-files. For officials this only works if wildcard makes the saves public like they did recently with the shut down legacy servers. If you look up the post where those got published you also find a "How-To" to get those save-files running on your single player game.

If its a PVP server that will not shut down the admin might not want to give those saves out though since with those you could scout enemy bases ahead of raids so you would know precicely where to hit them best and get the good loot.