False E3 announcements?

Jaywall

Just occurred to me today while I was wondering if ark will release this month.. Has it occurred to anyone else that ark actually hasn't delivered on any E3 promises made over the last 2 years? Last year they showed primal survival which never happened, and possibly survival of the fittest. This year they announced the official release of the game as well as adding ragnarok as a free expansion to all consoles. None of these things have even happened yet.. Don't get me wrong, I love Ark to death. But why yank our chain??

• Volunteer Moderator

Every company shows stuff at e3 games years down the road... If you look at previous e3 you will see games still not out yet.. Just a fyi its to get players excited. companies have announced things like h1z1 or dayz coming to consoles and they are still in early access god of war just to name a few. I don't put much stock in e3 in general. 

1 minute ago, Captnmorgan said:

Every company shows stuff at e3 games years down the road... If you look at previous e3 you will see games still not out yet.. Just a fyi its to get players excited. companies have announced things like h1z1 or dayz coming to consoles and they are still in early access god of war just to name a few. I don't put much stock in e3 in general. 

they don't put release dates "carved in stone"©Jat

E3 isn't really meant for 'delivering promises' more than it's meant to reveal certain things and get players excited, which is what Ark's E3 presentations have done. They've revealed Primal Survival and put it on the back burner for now, only to get the actual game released. So I wouldn't be surprised to see some more about it and SotF later this year or early next year.

I say: don't worry about what's coming and worry about what we have.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, LameoveR said:

they don't put release dates "carved in stone"©Jat

so battlefield hardline as well as no mans sky pushed back dates after e3 announcements.. its not that uncommon at all. I'm sure I could find a lot more examples if I wanted too. 

2 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

so battlefield hardline as well as no mans sky pushed back dates after e3 announcements.. its not that uncommon at all. I'm sure I could find a lot more examples if I wanted too. 

Technically, you are correct, but citing Hardline and NMS doesn't particularly bolster the argument that WC is on top of development issues.....

Archived