Wyvern Egg Griefing

Zaviel

It has become increasingly popular lately to grief wyvern nests so no new eggs spawn all throughout the map.  What players have been doing is looting the egg nest, then dropping the egg mid-air beside the nest, yet out of range to be picked up.  Doing this prevents new eggs for spawning for a long time unless cleared.

There are several ways to combat this currently: take a Quetz into the scar and pick them up(and hope you can outrun a wyvern,) or use a whip to pick the egg up.  Whips do work most of the time but sometimes they glitch and refuse to pick anything up.

This is very poor behavior with the sole purpose of ruining the game for other people.  I won't point any fingers but 9 times of 10 people that do this are named 123 or [][][][][].

20170801090118_1.jpg

I see this as an easy fix. If a player drops one in mid-air, check for ground below the egg. If none is there (ie: floating) then remove the egg. Another, messier option would be to make the eggs fall and if they hit ground from high up, they break. Both methods would allow eggs to respawn, but would require code. Or we could, you know, get active admins on the servers and ban the griefers.

I know people who used to do this, back then they at least dropped them out of range if the egg wasn't any good, were too lazy to eat it.

Only solution I can possibly think of is some sort of incubation machine for SE to use the wyvern eggs in since you cant make them expire fast due to raising them or do anything to change their timers without something to compensate everyone. If this is added then you could make them expire in a few min to avoid griefing on SE (also hatching them is a joke anyway with the heat requirements)

Archived