Max uploaded dinos override possible?

Running my own private servers for my wife and I and occasionally my kids, they're all clustered and working great and I can transfer items/dinos etc between servers fine, no issues so far.

I've recently got into breeding in a fairly serious way and keep finding myself with an overstock of quite high level dinos, so had started uploading them into the obi as "storage", I've already over-ridden the timer on it so they have year long timers. Anyway, took another small "batch" to the obi last night to upload for potential use elsewhere or in the future and hit the maximum 20 creatures uploaded limit.

Ok, that's fine I thought, I'll just over-ride that too, I can understand it on official servers, but this is my own servers to do what I want with and only used by my wife and I so storage isnt a problem and who else cares what we do with our things right?

Except that I can't find any option or command line anywhere that will allow me to over-ride this, really? Is it not possible, can someone put me out of my misery please? I really don't want to go down the road of having to set up a new server for "storage of dinos" what an utter ball ache that would be but our base is starting to lag out because of the sheer numbers of creatures caused by our breeding argies and thylas so much.

Has anyone come across this before, is there an option or command line or ini switch somewhere I'm missing or have they really hard coded a 20 creature limit per person into the obis?

Just for my own curiousity, what do you need to move that many dinos for at once? Me and another guy run a 2 server cluster, me in particular. I have a CRAP ton of dinos, I've never felt the need to move more than 20 at once and mind you we used to be clustered with a 3rd guy, we dropped him to do our own thing (he was a badmin), so we had to do a mass exodus of our dinos off his server. But I agree with your sentiment, far too often Wildcard seems to make decisions for the benefit of their public servers without regard to what private server owners want to do (no option in the config to undo it) and forces us to use 3rd party mods.. (flyer nerf, titanos permanent, generators on boats, brontos/gigas/quetzals on boats, etc)

2 hours ago, Neelix said:

Just for my own curiousity, what do you need to move that many dinos for at once?

I'm not moving them I'm storing them as I mentioned in my first post.

The MaxTributeDinos setting works perfectly although I've left it set at 273 as there's a number of reports on the net of it corrupting the cluster file over that number.

For reference incase anyone else should want to do this, just add the below to your command line, these are apparently the "safe" maximum numbers to use.

?MaxTributeDinos=273?MaxTributeItems=154

• 8 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 4:32 AM, IanHighlander said:

I'm not moving them I'm storing them as I mentioned in my first post.

The MaxTributeDinos setting works perfectly although I've left it set at 273 as there's a number of reports on the net of it corrupting the cluster file over that number.

For reference incase anyone else should want to do this, just add the below to your command line, these are apparently the "safe" maximum numbers to use.

Does this command still work?

17 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

Yes, I use this on all nine (currently) of our dedicated servers at home.

Thank you so much! I don't have a way to edit my commandline because I have a hosted server, but I was told I could add it to my GUS.ini file, thanks for this thread. Took me so long to find this O.o This command isn't on the ARK wiki either :/

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know if there is a way to increase the max item upload limit(not dinos) on a non dedicated private game??

My friend has a private, rented dedicated ARK server, and he gave me permission to download items/dinos from my private non-dedicated game. Dinos have always worked great, and I can upload a good list of dinos from my non-dedicated game and download them to his server no problem. But items is different for some reason, maybe people were abusing this in PVP? Well this server isnt PVP based its mainly PVE and its a private server on top of that and I have full permission to download what I want to this server.

It started out as a limit of two items. I could only upload 2 items at a time from my private non-dedicated game, to the obelisk then join my friends rented dedicated server to download the 2 items. This was a pain, but at least I could upload items just only two at a time. But after a while for some reason it suddenly went to 1 item, and now I cant upload any items at all from my private non dedicated game, to the obelisk. Another friend we have was also renting a Aberration ARK server, and we could upload plenty of dinos AND items no problem from his server. So maybe its something to do with it being non dedicated??

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the item upload limit on my non dedicated game??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived