Height of the Bronto Cleave?

oflow

I'm having a lot of issues with brontos cleaving thru walls.  I know the 'workaround' is to build double walls and put things in the center of rooms but I was wondering if there is a height to the bronto cleave where I could build up above the cleave range?

its frustrating having refrigerators full of stuff destroyed offline by brontos cleaving thru stone and metal walls.

Well I can tell the cleave range is at least the height of the animal, I have put taming pens on the back of bronto's and learned very quickly you do not attack or have that bronto set to anything other then passive as it can cleave anything on it's back. My assumption is cleave is at least 2 walls high from it's back down to the ground just from what has been able to die from my time using them as mobile taming pens.

You will probably need a structure at least half way up the neck or higher to be safe, it might be easier to get out of it's 'reach' by building a large area around you so they can't actually hit anything because they can't get close.

5 hours ago, Vohjiin said:

Well I can tell the cleave range is at least the height of the animal, I have put taming pens on the back of bronto's and learned very quickly you do not attack or have that bronto set to anything other then passive as it can cleave anything on it's back. My assumption is cleave is at least 2 walls high from it's back down to the ground just from what has been able to die from my time using them as mobile taming pens.

You will probably need a structure at least half way up the neck or higher to be safe, it might be easier to get out of it's 'reach' by building a large area around you so they can't actually hit anything because they can't get close.

thanks thats a good estimate. my structure is already 3 floors high i think i might be able to build my valuables up above the cleave area unless the hit box is unlimited height around the animal.

Archived