Leedsichthys removed or nerfed

Venteria

I'd prefer Leeds to be like this: 

mario.png

If mario is the raft...its more balanced imo, if the thing that can one shot you can be outmaneuvered.

There was a fun niche play style living in a raft on officials, that was somewhat casual, and Leeds kinda ruin it. Theyre like the equivalent of an aggressive titan for these players. Rafts were an actual viable mobile base platform before; it was pretty common. Have u seen anybody living on a bronto or paracer, i dont think i have? I think mobile bases r showcased in an ark trailer somewhere but don't actually work out, but rafts did.

So it feels like this one small addition of content is removing or negating a relatively larger bit of content.

Yes u can have guard tames, but it was fun avoiding taming, while living on ur raft with ur rifle.

And yes u can add turrets, but that pushes a previously simple endeavor up a tier. Nobody really asked for that. The whole point of raft life was simplicity.

I do think it's funny when it doesn't happen to me though. And I like that they're adding pve, just think it's a bad idea to put a player in a helpless state, it's up there with the eels or lag or dc's or being offline wiped. 

But ffs, Leeds should not be able to destroy a motorboat, lol, why wildcard?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/18/2017 at 7:26 PM, LouSpowells said:

Rexes ate all of my tames. I left them just outside my base on passive, and the rexes came up and ate them anyway. This is stupid, and Rexes are overpowered. Wildcard should remove the Rex from the game. You can't even defend your tames from them. The grasslands are dead now, no one wants to play because they're too scared of Rexes eating their undefended tames. I was running around on my raptor the other day an Alpha Rex came out of nowhere and ate me. It was so stupid, I didn't even have a chance to fight back. The devs clearly didn't think about how stupid rexes are before they made them part of the game...it's not even fun having them around. I shouldn't have to spend time defending my stuff from Rexes. 

That sounds kind of silly, doesn't it?

It would be more like Rexes destroyed my base every time i build one. Leeds should be aggressive to attackers, n boats idle for to long.

5 hours ago, waterKeeper said:

There was a fun niche play style living in a raft on officials, that was somewhat casual, and Leeds kinda ruin it. Theyre like the equivalent of an aggressive titan for these players. Rafts were an actual viable mobile base platform before; it was pretty common. Have u seen anybody living on a bronto or paracer, i dont think i have? I think mobile bases r showcased in an ark trailer somewhere but don't actually work out, but rafts did.

So it feels like this one small addition of content is removing or negating a relatively larger bit of content.

Yes u can have guard tames, but it was fun avoiding taming, while living on ur raft with ur rifle.

And yes u can add turrets, but that pushes a previously simple endeavor up a tier. Nobody really asked for that. The whole point of raft life was simplicity.

I do think it's funny when it doesn't happen to me though. And I like that they're adding pve, just think it's a bad idea to put a player in a helpless state, it's up there with the eels or lag or dc's or being offline wiped. 

That is a beautiful way of putting it. Unless you've enjoyed that particular play style and seen how fun the sea can be before the Leeds it's impossible to comment.

On every forum you will get the 'suck up' to the Devs. Or possibly people that sure of their own opinion they can't see what others see.

But at the end of the day...something was added to the game 18 months after early access which in my opinion ruined a cool way of playing with nothing in return, only alienating a huge part of the map. 

Auto decay gets rid of unused rafts just fine. I hadn't logged in for a couple of weeks and all my boats were gone. 

7 hours ago, waterKeeper said:

I'd prefer Leeds to be like this: 

mario.png

If mario is the raft...its more balanced imo, if the thing that can one shot you can be outmaneuvered.

Yes, this! Rafts are not for the advanced tribe, and if you're PvE it really doesn't effect you at all. It's more of an early game casual way to play PvP if you don't have tens of hours on end to grind/tame/breed in this game. There are still PLENTY of risks using a raft, as they leave you very vulnerable and unable to hide or quickly escape other players. Definitely safer to be on a Tdon than a raft so it's not like the raft is OP without the Leeds.

But i remember many a night PvPing other pirates before the Leeds made the seas dead. It's not that the Leeds is a 'minor inconvenience' that i should learn how to counter. It's that now the seas are DEAD, no one rafts anymore at all ...... it's now impossible unless you're close to shore (which if you need to stay close to shore in a BOAT .... uh what's the point). 

I miss the many ships there used to be and the great PvP that the seas brought. Sorry i don't have the proper hours to sink into this game. 

Just saying.. my pve tribe, takes pride in our accomplishments within our group. So we regularly do things alone. With that said, when we first started we built massive taming boats from stone and each tamed: trikes stegos thezs raptors carnos mammoths wolves Rex's argies and I personally even did a spino and tapj.

That's how we got started was with boats. We are in the cove of the main island right across from herb so we used boats to go and do everything in the beginning. We did lose about 4 boats total, but it wasn't and isn't really a unbearable situation. That's actually not bad 4 boats lost VS everything we did with them.

We are on pve so I have nothing to share about PvP issues and boats, but on pve there's nothing wrong with the leedys. Imo ofcourse.

7 hours ago, Topherallen07 said:

Make Rex super aggressive toward any building too thos would be fair.

I don't really know why I was quoted here, this doesn't have anything to do with my post.

If leedsichthys are inspired to Moby sausage (where sausage stands for another word that the forum is censoring, and that isn't a bad word, but the end of the title of a popular novel written by Herman Melville), that's a thing that doesn't have anything to do with any other animal in the game.

• 9 months later...
On 10/26/2017 at 10:59 PM, Fluffy05 said:

The leedsichthys point of existing in ark is to make water more dangerous for raft

To make raft travel more dangerous, they could target rafts that have recently moved or are moving, that way if your travelling via raft, you'll get attacked, but you could try and kill it, but if you've logged off and can't fight back the'll leave you alone.

On 8/1/2017 at 1:52 AM, Venteria said:

well I don't like PvE because I don't like it when everyone just instantly gives you everything if you ask and it doesn't have the risk feeling I get on PvP because I may hate trolls but I love nothing more than showing them up  which is the main reason I play pvp but every time I'm transporting the barge with my friends we're always careful for the leedsichthys I just think it's stupid though because the alpha ones have lost us a lot of good load in deep water while transporting it to another base for some weapons in return which is why the ark devs should wior the servers but that's an entire other thread somebody else can write on 

Ragnarok is your friend, Leeds are very very rare on that map. The center and the island is infested with them.. 

When i started the game I played as pirate with a complete raft base with catapult on top to raid other rafts and beach bases. It was the most fun i ever had in ark. Back then people traveled the ocean with megalodons, sarcos and spinos so there was a risk of getting a naval ass kicking. It seemed very balanced to me.

I once caught another pirate raft roaming the waters and raiding noobs. I chased them down and murdered them easily with a mosa.

Nowadays i'd never sail a raft or use a mosa, plesio, megalodon or sarco thx to cnidaria, eels and leedicthys. Don't know anyone who would. 

Its very clear to me and should be to everyone that the oceans were ruined with those 3 animals.

Another option if Devs think its too hard to modifiy the Leeds (which they should just remove the damn fish) is give plant species X the option to just shoot certain creatures like tek turrets can. That way the xplant can shoot and snare the leeds and the leeds only allowing for escape without aggroing the entire ocean.

38 minutes ago, btb556 said:

'Let's eat grandma'

'Let's eat grandma'

Punctuation saves lives.

Dunno if you're talking about me but i'm not from Trumpland and dont know, nor care about english punctuation rules. English speaking ppl normally understand me just fine in spite of that.

I'm wondering; how many languages do you speak? 

1 hour ago, BaldBudgie said:

Dunno if you're talking about me but i'm not from Trumpland and dont know, nor care about english punctuation rules. English speaking ppl normally understand me just fine in spite of that.

I'm wondering; how many languages do you speak? 

I just can't stand people using NO punctuation, and I was talking about the original post, not yours. Don't assume.

And I never said that I'm american. I'm not.

• 11 months later...

Archived