Leedsichthys removed or nerfed

Venteria

16 minutes ago, paulpot said:

I'm entitled to my opinion stopping spamming the forum 

You are no less entitled to have an opinion than I am entitled to pointing out its factual inaccuracies.

Leeds are easily avoidable, defeatable, and escapable. If you cannot do any of those things, you're not good at the game and need to get better using the techniques that have been described to you ad nauseum. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

You are no less entitled to have an opinion than I am entitled to pointing out its factual inaccuracies.

Leeds are easily avoidable, defeatable, and escapable. If you cannot do any of those things, you're not good at the game and need to get better using the techniques that have been described to you ad nauseum. 

I have myself a motorboat with turrets and plant X. I did this as suggested.

There is still no one to PVP on the water. No boats sailing around to raid. I like to PVP. The sea is inactive. That is not fun to me. Comprehend?

EU PVP Xbox Crossark6

1 hour ago, paulpot said:

I have myself a motorboat with turrets and plant X. I did this as suggested.

There is still no one to PVP on the water. No boats sailing around to raid. I like to PVP. The sea is inactive. That is not fun to me. Comprehend?

EU PVP Xbox Crossark6

A server peak of 44 players in the past week and you think the addition of Leeds to the game is the reason no one is trying to raid a raft in the middle of the water on the least popular map on a no-tek cluster? Did a Leeds fake the moon landing too? OMG! Is Bigfoot is actually a Leeds? Is the Leeds the cause for rising sea levels? What else can we blame on the Leeds?

On 10/18/2017 at 7:26 PM, LouSpowells said:

Rexes ate all of my tames. I left them just outside my base on passive, and the rexes came up and ate them anyway. This is stupid, and Rexes are overpowered. Wildcard should remove the Rex from the game. You can't even defend your tames from them. The grasslands are dead now, no one wants to play because they're too scared of Rexes eating their undefended tames. I was running around on my raptor the other day an Alpha Rex came out of nowhere and ate me. It was so stupid, I didn't even have a chance to fight back. The devs clearly didn't think about how stupid rexes are before they made them part of the game...it's not even fun having them around. I shouldn't have to spend time defending my stuff from Rexes. 

That sounds kind of silly, doesn't it?

lol this isn't even close to a good comparison

You know this game called EvE online?

They have the following rules:

1. Don't fly what you can't afford to lose.
  2. It's not a question if you die, it's when.
  3. Bigger does not mean better

These rules apply to Ark exactly the same. Don't take out stuff you cannot afford to lose.
Be prepared to get screwed over in this game when you expect it the least.

16 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

I hate hearing my turrets firing constantly at random animals. All I ask is give us a target leeds only option on their targeting options.

You do know that's never actually going to happen though, right? 

At some point folks need to realize that if they want to play a video game, they actually have to play it. Asking the game developer to remove inconvenient - but entirely manageable - mechanics from the core game is ludicrous considering there are 2 other modes of play that allow the player to remove whatever inconvenient obstacles they can't overcome at will. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, johnm81 said:

I hate hearing my turrets firing constantly at random animals. All I ask is give us a target leeds only option on their targeting options.

You could just have a buddy chumming the waters with honey. I think ultimately that would be a better defensive measure.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, johnm81 said:

throwing 100s of honey into the waters let alone it decays quickly is a better option than just 1 xplant on wild/all targets??

How so?

Well for one thing, you don't need to throw hundreds of honey, just enough to keep a leeds distracted while you steer to safety. For another, you can place a hive directly on the raft, so having one readily accessible helps with the issue of spoilage.

Though if you really insist on targeting leeds then I suggest progressing even more. If memory serves right tek turrets have a programmable exclusion list.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

Well for one thing, you don't need to throw hundreds of honey, just enough to keep a leeds distracted while you steer to safety. For another, you can place a hive directly on the raft, so having one readily accessible helps with the issue of spoilage.

Though if you really insist on targeting leeds then I suggest progressing even more. If memory serves right tek turrets have a programmable exclusion list.

Sure, it could work, but I disagree with whats more efficient. fert/bonemeal is far easier to make so your xplant is always at the ready AND you don't have to worry about:

1. Having a tribemate that is willing to by your honey slave

2. Having to let the leeds get right up to your boat to use honey on him where as the xplant shoots before he gets to you.

3. Having to be worried if the Leeds will come from front/sides/directly under where it may not get the honey before he takes a bite (see #2)

4. Having to get stung by a swarm of bees in small confined spaces of a boat  aka: mad bees + small space = :*( 

Only negative: That constant sound of xplant fire.... ugh.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Sure, it could work, but I disagree with whats more efficient. fert/bonemeal is far easier to make so your xplant is always at the ready AND you don't have to worry about:

1. Having a tribemate that is willing to by your honey slave

2. Having to let the leeds get right up to your boat to use honey on him where as the xplant shoots before he gets to you.

3. Having to be worried if the Leeds will come from front/sides/directly under where it may not get the honey before he takes a bite (see #2)

4. Having to get stung by a swarm of bees in small confined spaces of a boat  aka: mad bees + small space = :*( 

Only negative: That constant sound of xplant fire.... ugh.

1) This game has from day 1 been geared towards people working together as a tribe. If you can not somehow socialize to have even one friend in the game then that is not a fault of the product.

2) Honey aggros from a respectable distance. You don't need to have them "right up to your boat"

3) All dinos go for honey before going for what target they had intended prior.

4) Wearing a full ghillie suit negates getting stung by bees. This means that outside of the snow biomes, you can manage having a hive on your raft.

41 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

While tek turret sounds like the solution I believe you can't put tek generators on rafts, thus cannot power them. Could always dock the boat in a place with those turrets though. In anycase with enough armor, hp and melee damage you could dive in the water and kill it with a sword anyway.

Another point to make is that with the integration of S+ (the extent to which I'm not entirely sure of) into the vanilla game is that there are turret options with the S+ turrets to target specific dinos, so if those are implemented then that would solve your problem easily in the way you asked for earlier. As for your PvP problem, not sure if I can help with that, I've only played SP, don't think my laptop could handle multi that well! xD

Now as for something I wish could be fixed sometime in the future is the bug of fertilized eggs falling through the ground. After having to deal with lower than usual fps, I went into ghost mode to get a bred Megalania of mine unstuck, and what do I find? Tons of unclaimed, fully grown, breeding Megalania underneath my base, with even more fertilized eggs that dropped to the bottom of the world!

37 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

IF they already did it for tek turrets the coding already exists.

There's no question that the coding already exists. I've seen at least 3 versions of similar coding from various mod devs, though I've only seen one working version that didn't bug a whole bunch of stuff out. I'm not telling you it's impossible for them to implement the feature, I'm telling you that it seems highly improbable that they ever would into the core game on official servers.

Honestly, there's a part of me that would love to be wrong on this one, but it would be a massive quality of life upgrade that counters/negates a whole host of game mechanics. Imagine throwing an auto-turret on a Paracer, walking into a valley full of random dinos, and then automatically wiping out everything that you don't want to tame. It'd be awesome...but it's definitely cheesy enough to disqualify it from officials. 

43 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

There's no question that the coding already exists. I've seen at least 3 versions of similar coding from various mod devs, though I've only seen one working version that didn't bug a whole bunch of stuff out. I'm not telling you it's impossible for them to implement the feature, I'm telling you that it seems highly improbable that they ever would into the core game on official servers.

Honestly, there's a part of me that would love to be wrong on this one, but it would be a massive quality of life upgrade that counters/negates a whole host of game mechanics. Imagine throwing an auto-turret on a Paracer, walking into a valley full of random dinos, and then automatically wiping out everything that you don't want to tame. It'd be awesome...but it's definitely cheesy enough to disqualify it from officials. 

Improbable != Impossible. 

That's my whole point summed up.

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

Improbable != Impossible. 

That's my whole point summed up.

Yes, I am aware that the textbook definitions of improbable and impossible are not interchangeable. Had I realized you planned to dissect my statements with a knife fine enough to split such hairs, I would have avoided colloquialisms. 

Archived