Jump to content

Venteria

Leedsichthys removed or nerfed

Recommended Posts

So me and my friends had just finished grinding out a mini gun and ballista turret and were driving our boat around and out of nowhere we see one these gay things an alpha as well and it TWO SHOTS our boat destroying everything and then later that day we were driving another boat a transport barge and out of nowhere I had to pistol whip the thing so it could die while my friend was piking it so I'm thinking either we remove it or nerf it because people leave their boats in random spots because it stops players with gigas from destroying the boat when it's on shore or near shore so they go and destroy it because trolls but leaving it in the deep means getting it wrecked  by the leedsichthys so I'm thinking make it to where it doesn't Aggro on boats at all and if your gonna have it aggro on boats then make it to where it aggression only on idle boats that have been idle for a certain amount of time because it's annoying as hell to constantly kill them it makes driving boats alone impossible because you have to kill it otherwise you lose everything 

Edited by Venteria
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

One of the main reasons they were introduced into the game is specifically to target rafts/boats. The speed boat can out run them.

Also, punctuation is your friend.

Yeah but me and my friends don't have the motorboat yet because we can't find enough silica pearls but I mean that they shouldn't aggro on boats that are active because it gets annoying and makes driving a boat alone near impossible 

  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Leed doesn't need to be removed. You just aren't doing everything possible to avoid it. A couple things you can do to stop a Leed from munching your boat.

  • Toss honey into the water. It'll leave you alone for the treat.
  • Use a motorboat. It's quick enough to outrun the thing.
  • I heard Plant species X can slow it enough to where even a normal raft can outrun it.
  • Bring escort water dino's with you and kill/shoot it to death.

Ark is not going to be easy mode for you unless you run your own server and flat out remove them yourself. Ark is not fun if every danger out there is removed...it's get boring REAL quick. Learn to deal with the dangers with the tools the game already gives you, otherwise you won't  enjoy this game for very long.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ulta said:

The Leed doesn't need to be removed. You just aren't doing everything possible to avoid it. A couple things you can do to stop a Leed from munching your boat.

  • Toss honey into the water. It'll leave you alone for the treat.
  • Use a motorboat. It's quick enough to outrun the thing.
  • I heard Plant species X can slow it enough to where even a normal raft can outrun it.
  • Bring escort water dino's with you and kill/shoot it to death.

Ark is not going to be easy mode for you unless you run your own server and flat out remove them yourself. Ark is not fun if every danger out there is removed...it's get boring REAL quick. Learn to deal with the dangers with the tools the game already gives you, otherwise you won't  enjoy this game for very long.

Let's just say where we're at we have the raft a decent distance i just think it's stupid because as it is trolls are going around killing everything and everyone so we can't have it on the shore otherwise trolls with gigas will destroy our raft we can't leave it in the deep water where the trolls can't get it but the leedsichthys can 

  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Venteria said:

Let's just say where we're at we have the raft a decent distance i just think it's stupid because as it is trolls are going around killing everything and everyone so we can't have it on the shore otherwise trolls with gigas will destroy our raft we can't leave it in the deep water where the trolls can't get it but the leedsichthys can 

Then that sounds like a server community/official PVP problem moreso than the Leed's problem doesn't it?

Sorry if I sound unsympathetic. I do not like ARK's pvp on officials, I already dumped that ship long ago. You're only hope then if you're that bent on surviving on the water on that troll-infested server is to get honey or a motorboat. In the end, even THAT won't be very safe either since once you log off, someone can easily kite a Leed to your boat...you picked the worst game mode to play ARK on. Maybe think of switching to a different server, or an unofficial PVP server with rules that prevent 'trolls' from using Giga's to munch you, or one that has Leeds disabled. That's about the only advice I know to give. Trust me, you'll have a lot more fun on unofficials than officials.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Then that sounds like a server community/official PVP problem moreso than the Leed's problem doesn't it?

Sorry if I sound unsympathetic. I do not like ARK's pvp on officials, I already dumped that ship long ago. You're only hope then if you're that bent on surviving on the water on that troll-infested server is to get honey or a motorboat. In the end, even THAT won't be very safe either since once you log off, someone can easily kite a Leed to your boat...you picked the worst game mode to play ARK on. Maybe think of switching to a different server, or an unofficial PVP server with rules that prevent 'trolls' from using Giga's to munch you, or one that has Leeds disabled. That's about the only advice I know to give. Trust me, you'll have a lot more fun on unofficials than officials.

well I don't like PvE because I don't like it when everyone just instantly gives you everything if you ask and it doesn't have the risk feeling I get on PvP because I may hate trolls but I love nothing more than showing them up  which is the main reason I play pvp but every time I'm transporting the barge with my friends we're always careful for the leedsichthys I just think it's stupid though because the alpha ones have lost us a lot of good load in deep water while transporting it to another base for some weapons in return which is why the ark devs should wior the servers but that's an entire other thread somebody else can write on 

Edited by Venteria
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Venteria said:

well I don't like PvE because I don't like it when everyone just instantly gives you everything if you ask and it doesn't have the risk feeling I get on PvP because I may hate trolls but I love nothing more than showing them up  which is the main reason I play pvp but every time I'm transporting the barge with my friends we're always careful for the leedsichthys I just think it's stupid though because the alpha ones have lost us a lot of good load in deep water while transporting it to another base for some weapons in return 

Then what's stopping you from trying a PVP unofficial server that has the Leeds removed? since you seen so bent on hating on the poor creature and it also seems like no one can convince you otherwise that it's tolerable when you do things to avoid it. Either way the community on this server you play on sure sounds like a very SUCKY one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ulta said:

Then what's stopping you from trying a PVP unofficial server that has the Leeds removed? since you seen so bent on hating on the poor creature and it also seems like no one can convince you otherwise that it's tolerable when you do things to avoid it. Either way the community on this server you play on sure sounds like a very SUCKY one.

Welcome to every pvp server ever this is the farthest me and my friends have gotten in a server to be fair this is just about the nicest pvp server we could find we're gonna switch to different tactics possibly 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Venteria said:

Welcome to every pvp server ever this is the farthest me and my friends have gotten in a server to be fair this is just about the nicest pvp server we could find we're gonna switch to different tactics possibly 

Sounds like it. And no I don't need to be welcomed. I'm not intending to go to ANY ARK pvp server for a long while, if not ever. Will never consider going back to that cesspool of a game mode until the devs actually make it balanced, fun, and fair. (which looks like never so...sucks for them)

Good luck in your future endeavors then.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are going to play PvP don't cry about getting killed - that is what PvP is a bunch of kids trying to get their rocks off jumping people weaker than them. If you want a fair fight get into some type of arena game where it is one on one in a challenge mode. If you want to be ganked and then laughed at and spit on then by all means play PvP but don't cry when things don't  go your own way. There is lots of options with this  game, use them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you have tribemates then one drives the raft the other keeps a eye under the water with orbital camera mode, long as someones keeping a eye open you should spot them long before they start booking it towards you unless theres fog (which with the new rain fog mechanic, is actually pretty likely). I recommend taming a sarco , baryonyx or other such dinos that are good swimmers but can be put on your boat. You dont want to drag sharks arould beneath your raft they will have to stop to fight every manta in the ocean, and alpha sharks are damn common now days so a beefy bary/sarco (maybe a kabro? dunno they are kinda wimpy, but so are leeds outside of killing rafts)  you can jump on and dive in to beat down incomming leeds then jump back on the raft afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rafts are overused and, in a sense, a little bit OP. The Leedsichthys was introduced specifically to provide a threat for those who use and especially overuse Rafts, with the Motorboat being introduced as an expensive 'counter' so that rafts weren't made completely redundant. Yet, here you are, complaining because the Leeds is working as intended and you can't take to the sea every time the going gets tough like you'd prefer. It's really quite silly.

I also find it hilarious how one of your arguments is that people like to park their rafts when they sign off, and then you go and counter that with 'make it so it only attacks idle boats'. You're clearly just upset and haven't thought any of this through whatsoever.

Adapt. Improve. Conquer.
Grind that damn Motorboat if using a raft is so important to you.

  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ammonitida said:

I was eaten by a T-Rex the other day in PVE. It should be friendly to humans unless you attack it! And if you do attack it, the T-Rex should only be able to push you away like the Diplodocus!

Nice sarcasm bud but no that's over exaggerating what I said I just mean that if your playing solo and driving a boat then your screwed and the leedsichthys has a poopload of health the alpha level one mind you two shots rafts were grinding the motor boat but still nowhere near enough black pearls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danno334 said:

If you are going to play PvP don't cry about getting killed - that is what PvP is a bunch of kids trying to get their rocks off jumping people weaker than them. If you want a fair fight get into some type of arena game where it is one on one in a challenge mode. If you want to be ganked and then laughed at and spit on then by all means play PvP but don't cry when things don't  go your own way. There is lots of options with this  game, use them.

I don't cry I just get frustrated when we're carrying the load of a different tribe and then we go down because an alpha leedsichthys one shots the boat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leedsichthys are so rare in this game that you were incredibly unlucky to encounter one, an alpha on top of that. In all my official PVE server history, we have killed 3 alphas total I believe.

That said, even though the leeds is slower than a motorboat, I saw a video recently of someone testing the speed and coming to the conclusion that an alpha leeds can still outswim it.

Both types also have incredibly poor health, and can be dispatched very easily, as they are always level 1. I reckon you could even do it with a sword and shield as they have an atrocious attack rate.

Edited by Wazzamaniac
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Leedsichthys are so rare in this game that you were incredibly unlucky to encounter one, an alpha on top of that. In all my official PVE server history, we have killed 3 alphas total I believe.

That said, even though the leeds is slower than a motorboat, I saw a video recently of someone testing the speed and coming to the conclusion that an alpha leeds can still outswim it.

 

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Leedsichthys are so rare in this game that you were incredibly unlucky to encounter one, an alpha on top of that. In all my official PVE server history, we have killed 3 alphas total I believe.

That said, even though the leeds is slower than a motorboat, I saw a video recently of someone testing the speed and coming to the conclusion that an alpha leeds can still outswim it.

Exactly what I'm talking about it they just wreck the boat instantly that the boat gets destroyed before you can even kill it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Venteria said:

So me and my friends had just finished grinding out a mini gun and ballista turret and were driving our boat around and out of nowhere we see one these gay things an alpha as well and it TWO SHOTS our boat destroying everything and then later that day we were driving another boat a transport barge and out of nowhere I had to pistol whip the thing so it could die while my friend was piking it so I'm thinking either we remove it or nerf it because people leave their boats in random spots because it stops players with gigas from destroying the boat when it's on shore or near shore so they go and destroy it because trolls but leaving it in the deep means getting it wrecked  by the leedsichthys so I'm thinking make it to where it doesn't Aggro on boats at all and if your gonna have it aggro on boats then make it to where it aggression only on idle boats that have been idle for a certain amount of time because it's annoying as hell to constantly kill them it makes driving boats alone impossible because you have to kill it otherwise you lose everything 


Giant boat-eating fish, eating boats? ABSURD! How dare Wild Card!

Seriously dude, if you're out in open ocean, then, you're only begging to be torn apart by a Leeds. Here's an idea. either follow the coast line, where the
water is too shallow for them to really be a threat, or, and hear me out on this, OR. Have someone on a aquatic/semi-aquatic mount follow you, or
scout ahead, so you can, ya know, not get your stuff rekt.

They're big. but they're super easy kills... The only thing they really do an overwhelming amount of damage to is boats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Venteria said:

Let's just say where we're at we have the raft a decent distance i just think it's stupid because as it is trolls are going around killing everything and everyone so we can't have it on the shore otherwise trolls with gigas will destroy our raft we can't leave it in the deep water where the trolls can't get it but the leedsichthys can 

Putting the raft in deep water is no real defense against trolls anyway, people know that trick. Just go around the edges of the map on a flier with rockets and sink everything and because it's a boxy blob on open water, your boat sticks out like a sore thumb.

Real advice? Keep your rafts as compact and low as possible, park in the deepest, nastiest, most snake infested part of the swamp as covered as possible by trees. Sailing through the swamp isn't all that annoying once you get used to it and no leeds there. Also, like everything in PvP expect to lose your raft from time to time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...