Server Being Removed

Gumbie

All right I would like to know if this is happening or not because on my server it said it was going to be removed this is pve scorched earth office 799 and if this is true when because I would love to get a chance to move my dinos before all my hard work is poofed,   And if this is really happing there should be a thread where we can find a list of the servers being removed and what day removal will take place that way people can get there stuff moved.   Thanks,

55 minutes ago, lilpanda said:

We haven't announced which servers are being removed quite yet. We will likely do so via forum post and possibly a motd in game. This will definitely be announced prior though so you know when to move by and where you can safely move.

A motd would definitely be a good way to go, with all the various branches of ways to get info on this game that is the most direct for players. I was told that (and I cant confirm this myself) that no servers that have had at least one person playing within month would be removed, any idea on that?

56 minutes ago, lilpanda said:

We haven't announced which servers are being removed quite yet. We will likely do so via forum post and possibly a motd in game. This will definitely be announced prior though so you know when to move by and where you can safely move.

And what about prim plus servers that dont offer the option of transfering off? 

• Wildcard Community
2 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

A motd would definitely be a good way to go, with all the various branches of ways to get info on this game that is the most direct for players. I was told that (and I cant confirm this myself) that no servers that have had at least one person playing within month would be removed, any idea on that?

I can't expand on details at the present moment but based on our announcement, we will be removing the lowest 10% of servers by population. We will regularly then be removing additional servers as population declines but that will be a few months out.

4 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

And what about prim plus servers that dont offer the option of transfering off? 

I will have to look into this and get back to you.

this is my biggest concern right here with the launch being delayed, as it stands I dont know if or when my server will get recycled so im at the impass of 'keep maintaining things even though I might lose them'.  My server has always had a fairly low but steady player base because its one of the old primitive servers (Pre prim+) and they have been notoriously neglected, lowest 10% or not the fact that we dont even have access to TheCenter on the original prims (let alone ragnarok) doesn't bode well.

On 31.7.2017 at 6:53 PM, lilpanda said:

I can't expand on details at the present moment but based on our announcement, we will be removing the lowest 10% of servers by population. We will regularly then be removing additional servers as population declines but that will be a few months out.

What if you remove the 1 day Obelist timer for dinos and items on servers that will be removed to people can prepare to it and upload their dinos better?

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 11:53 AM, lilpanda said:

hello panda? forget about me?

• Wildcard Community
5 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

hello panda? forget about me?

Apologies I meant to reply last night! We will be setting up transfers for Primitive+ servers so they can move between other Primitive+ servers and join a popular one if they choose to. I am not sure if it will just be island-island or if there will be cross map transfers. But that's the info I have at this time. Sorry again for the delay in response.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:50 AM, lilpanda said:

Hopefully you can do it soon it's hard to put anymore work into our base and breeds if it's going to go away so instill we know the game is basically unplayable just get on to feed so please give us some info soon

On 7/31/2017 at 0:53 PM, lilpanda said:

Hey, any chance of ORP PvP getting new servers at launch? Or failing that, one Ragnarok and one Center server? We are missing both. 

Thanks!

I sure hope they fix the non-stop crashing on Ragnarok PC servers as well as the absolutely horrible lag-fest that plagues many island servers prior to making such decisions about which servers stay and which are "repurposed", because the only reason why many servers have low population is specifically because of these server-related problems and not because the server is dead. Fix the servers and people do more than feed dinos every few days (while hopping to other servers that don't crash)

So out of curiosity, how will you determine which official servers are "low pop" and therefore, going to be wiped? Is it by unique accounts on the server? By Tribes? By a certain login date (ie. Person A last logged in 2 weeks ago)? By time played on server? By active players during peek play time hours? How do you determine peek play time hours since the servers arent exclusive to just USA players? Whats peek play time hours for USA isnt peek for Chinese, Aussie, or Euro players?

Will it be determined by some metric that looks back over the past month or since the servers actual inception with the game? I see our server go from having a steady 25 to 35 players nightly for a few weeks to dropping down to 12-15 nightly. During US peek play times. However, the server has dozens of players that play at all oddball times so getting an actual population count seems difficult.

How will you take into account a server's activity for the people who just log in to refresh bases/dinos once a week? Spend time between multiple servers?

The release at the end of the month is fast approaching; people should be allowed a very ample amount of time to find a new home if their server is slated for a wipe. When will the projected server wipe list finally be announced?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, JetJaguar said:

So out of curiosity, how will you determine which official servers are "low pop" and therefore, going to be wiped? Is it by unique accounts on the server? By Tribes? By a certain login date (ie. Person A last logged in 2 weeks ago)? By time played on server? By active players during peek play time hours? How do you determine peek play time hours since the servers arent exclusive to just USA players? Whats peek play time hours for USA isnt peek for Chinese, Aussie, or Euro players?

Will it be determined by some metric that looks back over the past month or since the servers actual inception with the game? I see our server go from having a steady 25 to 35 players nightly for a few weeks to dropping down to 12-15 nightly. During US peek play times. However, the server has dozens of players that play at all oddball times so getting an actual population count seems difficult.

How will you take into account a server's activity for the people who just log in to refresh bases/dinos once a week? Spend time between multiple servers?

The release at the end of the month is fast approaching; people should be allowed a very ample amount of time to find a new home if their server is slated for a wipe. When will the projected server wipe list finally be announced?

Merged this with another topic from Monday.. It already has responses from panda on the subject. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 1:46 PM, lilpanda said:

Apologies I meant to reply last night! We will be setting up transfers for Primitive+ servers so they can move between other Primitive+ servers and join a popular one if they choose to. I am not sure if it will just be island-island or if there will be cross map transfers. But that's the info I have at this time. Sorry again for the delay in response.

I thought you said we were going to get server transfers turned on??? Well guess what... 5 days till my prim+ server is going to be wiped. Other players can transfer out but yep what you said didn't happen soooo we CANT transfer out yet. Time is ticking WC where are our transfers??????

On 7/31/2017 at 0:53 PM, lilpanda said:

You removed 6/8 ORP severs but they are all fairly active. What gives? 

1 minute ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

You removed 6/8 ORP severs but they are all fairly active. What gives? 

thank you for you stay, and to make ark the game it is now

now kindlly walk away and be silent.

send in your complaint to the support section (which will be erased next week. no support for legacy)

Archived